Gloss paint (1 Viewer)

Jun 30, 2010
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
1992 VW Auto sleeper Mono
Exp
Since 2005 this time
To find a good brush , check it's bristle. Then split the bristles using a finger to separate, down so that you can see the bottom of the Feral (the metal bit that the bristles stick out from) If you see a white plastic fillet/infill It's a cheapo, alright for 1 use then skip it. A good brush, one that will last a lifetime to a Domestic/ or/ DIY fella hasn't got a fillet/plastic infill.

The paint I use is Dulux Egg Shell, (oil based), gloss shows up every lump,bump, inperfection, . I also find that DX egg shell stays white. Quite a lot of places now it's hard to find an oil based paint, stupid EU regs! Find yourself a DX Trade Centre, it will cost you more than say B&Q, but the finish and durability is far superior.

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
I am getting the whole house redecorated after Christmas.

All the internal walls skimmed and painted, all wood stripped and painted and new doors throughout.

I am not going to touch anything because I would make a hash of it.

Dec 6, 2011
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Coach built Adria
Exp
Since 2007
I am getting the whole house redecorated after Christmas.

All the internal walls skimmed and painted, all wood stripped and painted and new doors throughout.

I am not going to touch anything because I would make a hash of it.

if thats inside the M25 it will be cheaper to move!!;)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Dec 12, 2010
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 2011
Painting some metalwork on the logsplitter I'm building, reviews on Wickes own brand gloss were poor so I paid the extra and went with Hammerite smooth, it's gone on abysmally, might be something to do with the low temps in the garage, still tacky 24 hours later, got the propane heater in front of it now :(

Mar 23, 2012
sleights
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
I like Johnstones aqua water based . I know it doesn't give quite the finish of oil based but goes on well dries in an hour or two and 3 years on looks as good as new a lot of oil based now yellow very quickly.

Jun 30, 2010
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
1992 VW Auto sleeper Mono
Exp
Since 2005 this time
IF? you are doing woodwork, say window reveals, skirting Door jamb, Archetraves, even Wood grain doors from new!, try Shellac, it picks out the Wood grain, drys in 20 minutes bit of a pong from the meths for 1/2hour or so, you can apply another coat in 1/2 hour, or wait 2-3 hours, give a gentle rub down with a fine steel wool, recoat, gentle rub down with steel wool, recoat, the resulting finish is magic, and will see you out no prob!

Oct 3, 2021
UK
Funster No
MH
RV
Hi Shiftzz,
Hope you doing great,
It is likely that you will want to use a paint with a high sheen rating for both the interior and exterior trim Glossy surface. Paints like these offer a durable finish that repels dirt and grime, and they're easier to wipe clean, too.

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
Hi Shiftzz,
Hope you doing great,
It is likely that you will want to use a paint with a high sheen rating for both the interior and exterior trim Glossy surface. Paints like these offer a durable finish that repels dirt and grime, and they're easier to wipe clean, too.
6 year old post resurrection! :rofl:

Silver-Fox

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 5, 2014
Cheltenham Spa
Funster No
MH
Rapido
Exp
im a not so newbie
Just to be clear window cills are on the outside and window boards are inside.
Being flat and level you can place pot plants and ornaments on window boards 😉😊

Jan 11, 2010
Chester
Funster No
MH
Auto-trail
Exp
Well that`s our 13th year & still loving it.
My father in law was a professional painter and decorator with his own company he used Permoglaze Paints saying it wasn't the cheapest but was definitely the best.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back