Free Member
Mar 21, 2019
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs XXLA
Exp
2yrs
Hi,

We recently sold our 649 Kon Tiki and are looking at one of these vans on the Iveco chassis. They seem rare, but we are a big family of 5 with bikes and a scooter. I’d like to do away with the trailer and tow bar rack so a big payload and big garage a must.

Any owners or anyone heard of any reviews?

Thanks in advance

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
That's gonna put a heck of a lot of weight on the rear axle so you might be best looking at tag axle MHs.

eddie

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 4, 2007
Taunton Somerset
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
since 1989
We ordered on at the Paris show about ten years ago, spec'd it as RHD, Auto, with Dometic TEC27 Generator, twin air and tow bar

We bought it from a French dealer who is no a friend but sadly retired, and had no issues with it

The UK importer told us that we couldn't get RHD Auto and couldn't have Genny option

Had the van for about 18 months and had no issues with it what so ever, well built van.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jun 30, 2011
Barnard Castle, UK
Funster No
MH
Concorde Concerto
Exp
Since 2007
That's gonna put a heck of a lot of weight on the rear axle so you might be best looking at tag axle MHs.

The van he is talking about is Iveco twin rear wheel so will have a good payload and rear axle payload.
Our Iveco twin rear wheel is rated 3100kg on the rear and when I weighed it(garage empty) was just over 2200kg.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
The van he is talking about is Iveco twin rear wheel so will have a good payload and rear axle payload.
Our Iveco twin rear wheel is rated 3100kg on the rear and when I weighed it(garage empty) was just over 2200kg.
Ah, I didn't realise it was twin rear wheel, I thought it would be single rear-wheel drive.

OP
OP
Familymad

Familymad

Free Member
Mar 21, 2019
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs XXLA
Exp
2yrs
We ordered on at the Paris show about ten years ago, spec'd it as RHD, Auto, with Dometic TEC27 Generator, twin air and tow bar

We bought it from a French dealer who is no a friend but sadly retired, and had no issues with it

The UK importer told us that we couldn't get RHD Auto and couldn't have Genny option

Had the van for about 18 months and had no issues with it what so ever, well built van.

We might be coming your way for some gear shortly then.... deal done

OP
OP
Familymad

Familymad

Free Member
Mar 21, 2019
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs XXLA
Exp
2yrs

Yup, that’s one. Big old bus but we need 5 berth, 5 travelling seats and full winterisation for all the ski trips we do. Looked at a new and used Burstner 747 but didn’t like the fit and finish of the external body. Maybe both Friday ones but I am picky.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back