Free Member
Jan 17, 2010
Dumfries &Galloway
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
since 1994
Can anyone help. We have recently purchased a globestar & are trying to empty the waste water. On handover we were told to take the cap off, we have done that but the outlet is closed about 3 inches inside & we can't see how to open it. On a previous campscout we had a lever to put underneath to turn it. This is a different arrangement. Thanks in advance. Sandra

Deleted User
I don't know which model of Globestar you have but ours has the grey water outlet on the rhs in front of the rear wheel.

It has a cap over the outlet which basically does nothing, the outlet is essentially a gate valve with the handle secured to the body, to open it the whole valve has to be pulled down vertically, pushing it back up can be a bit awkward, especially for us oldies with mobility problems:)

@LadyBea

OP
OP
LadyBea

LadyBea

Free Member
Jan 17, 2010
Dumfries &Galloway
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
since 1994
Thank you matamoros we have the same one as you. Another problem solved.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Deleted User
Thank you matamoros we have the same one as you. Another problem solved.

Is yours the 2012 model with the toilet and shower in the rear and bed area at the front with lhs sliding door?

I have done a couple of mods to ours and done away with the huge table and assorted bits of wood to make a double bed, now have a small table that uses the same pole and mechanism but fits neatly in the locker next to the fridge along with 2 folding chairs.

I have also adapted the drivers seat so that it can now swivel, I can post a few pics if you are interested.

My mum and Dad retired to a small cottage outside Penpont for a few years in the 90's, they loved it there.

OP
OP
LadyBea

LadyBea

Free Member
Jan 17, 2010
Dumfries &Galloway
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
since 1994
Thank you for the offer. Our is the same layout as yours. We've only had it nearly 2 weeks but have decided with our 2 dogs it is not for us. Changing back to a coachbuilt next week. Thank you again.

Deleted User
Thank you for the offer. Our is the same layout as yours. We've only had it nearly 2 weeks but have decided with our 2 dogs it is not for us. Changing back to a coachbuilt next week. Thank you again.

It is a bit of a strange layout hence they didn't make it for long, I think it was an experiment that didn't quite work.

With our adaptations we have made it useable for us, basically we use it mainly for travelling between our collection of static vans:), we don't often stay in it for longer than 2 weeks and it is small enough to use as our only vehicle.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back