Globescout campervan or adria 600sp (1 Viewer)

Saruman

Free Member
Jul 20, 2017
Leicester
Funster No
MH
Not yet had a swift630 l
Exp
Hi looking for small camper either globscout campervan or a adria 600 sp van conversion like the layout with front dinette and a semi fixed bed Any issues with globe vans. Made in Germany ?

Ray

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
Hi we have a Possl/Globecar certainly no issues with them as they are very well built vans.

Before buying this one I had an Adria coach built and thought it was a good quality van, I did look at the Adria PVC and just didn't think it was as good as the globecar just my opinion though.

Neckender

Free Member
Oct 15, 2007
Neckend or North Wales.
Funster No
MH
VW T6.1Kombi day Van
Exp
Since 2004
We've got the Globecar Campscout and we're very pleased with it, as lorger says very well built vans.

John.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Saruman

Saruman

Free Member
Jul 20, 2017
Leicester
Funster No
MH
Not yet had a swift630 l
Exp
https://youtu.be/-WzUs5IqtE. Hi i nothing to do with globe vans. But saw this review on you tube looking at layouts with van conversions.

A v1 poorly built supposed made by hymer. ? A rogue ?

Ray

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
We have a Globecar FamilyScout L and it's great, the build quality is extremely good - having done over 20,000 miles in it since we got it 2 years ago the only issues we've had is with standard items such as a hinge needing replacing (the adjuster screw was faulty) etc, the actual cupboards, seating etc are all 'performing' as they should.

Its down to personal preference really but do check the payload etc as the Adria offers a 'no cost' upgrade to 3650kg ... my question would be why! Also, The Globecar has a window in the bedroom area (the Adria hasn't) which is nice to look out of with your morning cuppa or just let some fresh air in as its not really possible to open the rear door windows if you have a bike rack on.

Sep 23, 2013
Lincs
Funster No
MH
Globecar Campscout
Exp
Since 2008 (started in a VW T4 campervan)
Very pleased with our Globecar Campscout. It is rising four years old now & nothing has dropped off. :)

OP
OP
Saruman

Saruman

Free Member
Jul 20, 2017
Leicester
Funster No
MH
Not yet had a swift630 l
Exp
We have a Globecar FamilyScout L and it's great, the build quality is extremely good - having done over 20,000 miles in it since we got it 2 years ago the only issues we've had is with standard items such as a hinge needing replacing (the adjuster screw was faulty) etc, the actual cupboards, seating etc are all 'performing' as they should.

Its down to personal preference really but do check the payload etc as the Adria offers a 'no cost' upgrade to 3650kg ... my question would be why! Also, The Globecar has a window in the bedroom area (the Adria hasn't) which is nice to look out of with your morning cuppa or just let some fresh air in as its not really possible to open the rear door windows if you have a bike rack on.

Hi thx for reply favouring globe at moment but the wife might get involved

Apr 12, 2010
Bury St Edmunds, West Suffolk
Funster No
MH
Weinsberg Cara
Exp
since 2007
Cant get involved in this one. It would sound like favouritism because we have an Adria twin 640 and love it. Build quality is excellent.
I would go for the layout that suits your needs best. Both vans are excellent.
Phil

Apr 12, 2010
Bury St Edmunds, West Suffolk
Funster No
MH
Weinsberg Cara
Exp
since 2007
Hi thx for reply favouring globe at moment but the wife might get involved
Hi its Phil. Our Adria has 2 windows in the bedroom side area and two in the back doors, all darkened. So its great to lay in bed and people watch.
It is the latest model so the one you saw must have been a different model.
Phil

Jun 12, 2016
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Globecar Revolution
Exp
Since 2006
Don't think there is much to separate the two brands quality wise both good
Go with the layout you like best
For what it's worth we have the Globecar Campscout Revolution