Globecar Summit 600 Plus Special Edition New German Van Conversion High Spec. & Good Price (1 Viewer)

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
Thought this new van conversion Broken Link Removed might be of interest to some on here as has clever bathroom layout with decent size shower, good kitchen worktop area, lots of storage & large garage for a 6m van plus over 6,000 Euros of extras included (y)(see list below) plus Globecar build quality all for under 40,000 Euros! The Summit 600 Plus is a special edition H Line model which was launched at the Dusseldorf 2017 Show to mark the opening of the new Globecar/Poessl factory in Vielbrunn Germany.
Only on LHD Citroen Jumper (Relay) van 160BHP with heavy chassis as an option.

Extras included are alloy wheels, height adjustable passenger seat, Remis blinds in driver cabin, driver and passenger airbag, manual air conditioning, leather steering wheel, LED daytime running lights, metallic paint, radio preparation including speaker boxes, Seitz S4 windows tinted with blinds (not on rear doors), captain chairs upholstered to match passenger seats, electrically adjustable and heated wing mirrors, cruise control, Traction+, coloured ambient lighting & Omnistep electric slideout step.
Optional extras are listed here

We had been waiting to see a Globecar Summit in the UK since it was launched a couple of years ago & had tried to negotiate a fair price buying in the UK but haven't managed either so are now joining the "Grey Club" :giggle: & importing one of these ourselves. With the uncertainty of what it may cost to import after Brexit & this special edition Globecar having all that we want (& more!) within our budget now seems like the best time for us to do this.
We have already had lots of advice from chats with helpful Funsters which have been encouraging as well as trawling all the info. about importing on here. What's clear is that though there is a process to follow everyones experience is different depending on all the variables so if anyone is considering importing one of these or any other motorhome we are happy to share our findings either here or via PM so feel free to message us :hi:
One example of the variables is insurance - see here https://www.motorhomefun.co.uk/forum/threads/importing-from-france.166032/page-2 - we currently have export plates with 30 days fully comp.(not just third party) insurance agreed but even the dealer has said that although they can offer this if ordering now it may change for future orders if they get a lot of claims. We also have LV Insurance agreeing fully comp. cover on the VIN from collection at dealer for 30 days but understand from the thread above that this depends on base vehicle type as fine for our Citroen Jumper (Relay) but not for Mercedes!

OP
OP
Wombles

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
The interior wood in the video above is Rosewood (Rosenholz) but a light oak interior (Eiche Kupfer Bora) is an extra option at 299 Euros - this should match well with the brown & cream upholstery & have a modern look. We have gone for the Aluminium (light) Grey exterior as should help reflect the heat but other metallic paint colour options at no extra cost - light blue, red & gold.
Having looked into most of the optional extras in some depth we should be able to answer most queries about these - there is a good choice including 3rd bed extension & Isofix fixings for the rear passenger seats which may be important for some.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Wombles

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
Light oak panel here on the bathroom panel & shows the clever bathroom too :smiley: :

poessl_160729_bad_04-1-687x1030.jpg

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Deleted User
Thanks for the post, I like the van a lot. It is the same layout as my current van, however, much better fitted, and a raised rear bed to give storage space vs converted sofa's. Great price. Please keep posting if you go for an import model, at that price even 1.125 to the pound makes it a good buy

OP
OP
Wombles

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
Thanks for the post, I like the van a lot. It is the same layout as my current van, however, much better fitted, and a raised rear bed to give storage space vs converted sofa's. Great price. Please keep posting if you go for an import model, at that price even 1.125 to the pound makes it a good buy
Glad you like it :) - ours is ordered now. It's our first time importing so it will be an adventure & we have never watched the exchange rate so keenly before! The large garage (for a 6m van) is another reason why we are buying it:

Um-den-Stauraum-zu-vergroessern-muessen-beim-Testwagen-Rost-und-Mittelpolster-entnommen-und-separat-verstaut-werden--fotoshowBig-94774f9c-1110988.jpg

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
They also to a longer single bed version:

Broken Link Removed

Aug 26, 2008
B&NES
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
since 2007
@Wombles - I like the washroom. The previous double tambour design put us off buying a Globecar. Hope your importing goes smoothly!

UK list prices for PVCs from the major converters still look higher than they ought to be even allowing for the lower exchange rate. There needs to be more competition and choice in the UK.

I was quite impressed recently by a rather long video of the Rimor Horus 38 PVC which sells for under 40,000 Euros (in France) yet is very well specified for the money and includes some clever storage. I doubt if that one will be imported officially.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
@Wombles - I like the washroom. The previous double tambour design put us off buying a Globecar. Hope your importing goes smoothly!

UK list prices for PVCs from the major converters still look higher than they ought to be even allowing for the lower exchange rate. There needs to be more competition and choice in the UK.

I was quite impressed recently by a rather long video of the Rimor Horus 38 PVC which sells for under 40,000 Euros (in France) yet is very well specified for the money and includes some clever storage. I doubt if that one will be imported officially.
These can get you one, don't know how 'official' it is though but they are the main importer and I can vouch for them being involved with Rimors since they opened as they are local company and a lovely couple:

OP
OP
Wombles

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now

Thank you - luckily we have lots of experienced Funsters to ask if we are unsure about anything when importing (y)
It seems to be very much a sellers not buyers market for new motorhomes in the UK :( - we did try to get a fair deal on several models but after two years of trying here feel our only option to get value for money is to import even with the exchange rate not being that good at present.
We saw the Rimor Horus at the last NEC Show & thought that it was good value & well designed compared to the other options there for the price. The stand was the company that @Minxy Girl mentioned above.

Aug 26, 2008
B&NES
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
since 2007
Thank you - luckily we have lots of experienced Funsters to ask if we are unsure about anything when importing (y)
It seems to be very much a sellers not buyers market for new motorhomes in the UK :( - we did try to get a fair deal on several models but after two years of trying here feel our only option to get value for money is to import even with the exchange rate not being that good at present.
We saw the Rimor Horus at the last NEC Show & thought that it was good value & well designed compared to the other options there for the price. The stand was the company that @Minxy Girl mentioned above.

I stand corrected about the Rimor! We didn't go to the NEC this October as I had no holidays left and could not take a day off without skiving.

OP
OP
Wombles

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
They also to a longer single bed version:

Broken Link Removed
There is the Summit 600 too which is again slightly different but couldn't get any deal anywhere near the price of the Summit 600 Plus on either of these as so many extras included as standard - checking the website it's actually 7783 Euros not 6000 Euros worth that I mentioned before!

OP
OP
Wombles

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
There is also another Globecar special edition - the Globescout Plus Broken Link Removed with 5295 Euros of extras included:

OP
OP
Wombles

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
Think the Globecar Globescout is the same model as the Poessl 2Win Plus Broken Link Removed but the Poessl version has a slightly cheaper starting price:

Last edited:
OP
OP
Wombles

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
We had the choice whether to order the Summit 600 Plus as a Globecar or Poessl & were told that the only difference was the decals.

donnkim

Free Member
Jul 29, 2012
Bury
Funster No
MH
Low Line Coachbuilt
Exp
a newbie
Might be a silly question but will you be able to specify right hand drive from Germany?
Don

OP
OP
Wombles

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
Might be a silly question but will you be able to specify right hand drive from Germany?
Don
You can order the Summit 600 & 640 in RHD from dealers in Germany but the Summit 600 Plus is only available as LHD - we did enquire about this but it's because it's only being produced on a Citroen Jumper (Relay) & no Fiat option.

Jun 30, 2011
Barnard Castle, UK
Funster No
MH
Concorde Concerto
Exp
Since 2007
These can get you one, don't know how 'official' it is though but they are the main importer and I can vouch for them being involved with Rimors since they opened as they are local company and a lovely couple:

The guy seemed lovely when I enquired about a used 2005 Arto at the beginning of this year, saying it was in good condition.
It was one of the worst vans I have ever had the misfortune of seeing, disgusting condition. It turned up a couple of weeks later at Scott motorhomes in Scotland, where it is still for sale, not sure how that happens going from dealer to dealer.
In fact all the used vans on offer were in terrible condition.

cantonalegod

Free Member
Nov 1, 2014
Devon
Funster No
MH
Rapido 8086df
Exp
If you want to import a RHD Globecar then speak to Dominic at
Very helpful, and if it's available in RHD they can get one!:)

Jun 12, 2016
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Globecar Revolution
Exp
Since 2006
The double tambour design shower was one of the main reasons we chose a Globecar
Everyone's different :)

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
The double tambour design shower was one of the main reasons we chose a Globecar
Everyone's different :)
Its a great way to get a very usable shower cubicle without 'wasting' the space, but with my cracked shower tray I'm not so sure! o_O

Jun 12, 2016
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Globecar Revolution
Exp
Since 2006
Minxy Girl
Did give ours a check when you first raised the issue fortunately we are ok
I did have a look on the Possl forum and couldn't find anything shower related other than a panel issue on the Clever vans that they produce but that was not todo with the tray.
I did a search on creaked shower trays and it seems to be an issue with a fair number of makes unfortunately.
If I was ever to change the van Globecar would still be top of my list though prices for most PVC have went a bit bonkers the last couple of years:(
I would certainly look at importing if we were to change but was happy with the deal we got when we bought the present van.
It is interesting if you look on the Germany forums folk have the same moans about some dealers as we have here.

OP
OP
Wombles

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
We emailed every Globecar & Poessl dealer in Germany (that's a lot!) & Belgium with regards to the Summit 600 Plus then eventually narrowed the list down to just three. Think that which dealer is best depends on the individual circumstances of the buyer & many other factors like stock availability & timescales, whether forecourt stock or factory order, method & timing of payment including tax or not, whether trade-in is an option, what dealer fit options are available, confidence in dealer & how responsive they are to queries & of course the best price taking all these into consideration.
Daniel at Duemo did win our order after having spent a lot of time answering our many queries & although knowing that other Funsters have ordered from them in the past gives us reassurance it was the 30 day export plates with fully comprehensive insurance & the choice of quality dealer fit extras that they can supply that made them stand out from the other shortlisted dealers as the best choice for us. We have chosen Alden Solar panels with MPPT controller & display unit, a neat reversing/rear view Dometic camera which forms part of the rear brake light (saw & liked this at NEC Show), HeoSafe van protection kit (locks) & they can even sort the speedo overlay & headlamps (if needed) which will save us time & effort. We did have a little contact with Dominik who @cantonalegod & @gerry mcg recommended earlier but from their website https://www.duemo-duelmen.de/ueber-uns/unser-team/ it looks like he is more involved in the organisational side of things now as we were constantly referred to Daniel Kuprat (there are 2 Daniels) who is in Sales (Vertrieb) & he is very knowledgeable about the Summit (y) Luckily his English (written & spoken) is good too as it's a very long time :blusher: since we did German at school - emailing him then following that up with a phone call worked best to get our order sorted as Duemo is a very busy dealership.
Hope that helps if anyone is considering the import route but happy to answer questions as might send Funsters to sleep if we ramble on & post too much detailed info. about this on here!

Last edited:
OP
OP
Wombles

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
UPDATE - most dealers are sold out of their Summit 600 Plus allocation for spring delivery but still possible to order for October delivery. Ours is due in May :Grin: as ordered some time ago.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
You on commission Wombles? :D

OP
OP
Wombles

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
Any to be had anywhere now Wombles?
Did a search on "Summit" here Broken Link Removed & shows 117 listings in Germany (many Poessl & some Globecar) & those with photos of actual vans would be our starting point to contact as more likely to have them on their forecourt if needed urgently.
If wanting other makes &/or models then just choose them on the search facility & keep your search criteria as broad as possible to consider all options.
Lots of Funsters have found their motorhomes this way :) Don't know if there is the equivalent website in France or Belgium? Just working through contacting the dealers on the manufacturers lists for the motorhome that you want is long winded but worth a try if you have the time although for us Mobile.de yielded more replies than emailing the dealers via their websites & we contacted every one!

Last edited:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back