Globecar Panelvan Conversions (1 Viewer)

C

Chockswahay

Deleted User
Jim said we could chat about Globecar vans here :Smile:

I'm up for that :thumb:

Guess I'll kick off then............I've bought a Globescout and can't wait until we get our hands on it (March I hope) ::bigsmile:riving2:

Anyone else got one? and if you have and you don't like it then don't tell me coz I'm not listening:winky:

::bigsmile:::bigsmile:::bigsmile:

OP
OP
C

Chockswahay

Deleted User
Ah ha, that's why you are not in Portugal in the van.

Well there other means. We are going to drive the car down in the new year.

LOL, just seen this myself.....hehe::bigsmile:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Mar 22, 2011
NE Wales
Funster No
MH
Chausson Best of 10
Exp
Since Feb 2013….2nd Van
They look well priced, but small. I look forward to hearing your views once you take delivery Chockswahay. Whats the spec like ?

OP
OP
C

Chockswahay

Deleted User
They look well priced, but small. I look forward to hearing your views once you take delivery Chockswahay. Whats the spec like ?

6m van, transverse double bed, all the goodies without oven or tv ::bigsmile:

MikeandCarolyn

Free Member
Mar 18, 2008
Worle,North Somerset
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2009

Guess I'll kick off then............I've bought a Globescout and can't wait until we get our hands on it (March I hope) ::bigsmile:riving2:

Anyone else got one? and if you have and you don't like it then don't tell me coz I'm not listening:winky:

A friend of mine,Derek,has one-he is a member on here and his screen name is
Derek w.banister,however he hasn't yet posted anything and comes in very infrequently.
I will let him know that there is at least 1 other member with one ::bigsmile:
Praps it will encourage him to use forum more ::bigsmile:

Mike.

Mar 22, 2011
NE Wales
Funster No
MH
Chausson Best of 10
Exp
Since Feb 2013….2nd Van
Just reading on another forum about them. The comments seem quite positive. A former owner of a Symbol reckoned he had loads more storage space. Build quality appears good as well. Just spotted a 2010 model for 27k. Not bad.

Jan 28, 2008
Dovercourt, Harwich, UK
Funster No
MH
Renalt burstner
Exp
7 years campers before that
the hightop ones are hideously ugly saw one in france last month that was painted high gloss sherwood green yuk

Oct 1, 2007
Kirby cross further from londin
Funster No
MH
Between Motor homes
Exp
since 08

one of these i presume sir

http://www.globecarmotorhomes.co/

:thumb::thumb::thumb:

Letsgetaway

Free Member
Jun 24, 2012
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Caravan for 4 years; new to motorhoming
Hi Chockswahay

We picked our up Globecar Campscout on Saturday - chuffed to bits. There are a couple of little niggles that the dealers are going to sort :thumb: but nothing serious.

Loads of storage, good quality and finish, not to mention a massive bed:Blush:

Can't wait to get away in it now:Smile::Smile: We'll PM those photos once we get a bit of time - it's been a little manic since Saturday. Thats reminds me we must update our details!

OP
OP
C

Chockswahay

Deleted User
Hi Chockswahay

We picked our up Globecar Campscout on Saturday - chuffed to bits. There are a couple of little niggles that the dealers are going to sort :thumb: but nothing serious.

Can't wait to get away in it now:Smile::Smile: We'll PM those photos once we get a bit of time - it's been a little manic since Saturday. Thats reminds me we must update our details!

Well done..........I am of course VERY jealous now :thumb: I look forward to the pics :Smile:

Mar 22, 2011
NE Wales
Funster No
MH
Chausson Best of 10
Exp
Since Feb 2013….2nd Van
Hi Chockswahay

Good luck with the new van. Please do a review on here, warts'n all. It makes all the difference when your looking at options.

Enjoy.

novawight

Free Member
May 14, 2010
Hayling Island
Funster No
MH
hi top,
Exp
on and off 50 years
Nive van, makes my Topaz look a bit outdated, but hi ho::bigsmile:

D

DM14742

Deleted User
I saw a few in France a couple of months ago, they looked quite distinctive with their round porthole windows. They gave the impression of a very well put together continental Van:thumb:

Mar 22, 2011
NE Wales
Funster No
MH
Chausson Best of 10
Exp
Since Feb 2013….2nd Van
An edited extract of an owners review from "Outandabout Live"

"I have had a Trendscout for a few years. All motorhomes have advantages and disadvantages dependent on your wish list. The Trendscout can be used as a roomy double bed layout or as two single beds but the surplus cushions will then have to be stored in the cab. Like all vans, insulation is limited in the walls (not enough room) but the heating system is powerful.

Because of the reduced width and length the vehicle is very easy to drive and park. The water tanks are relatively large but the shower is only usable in a dire emergency. The toilet compartment is very cramped. We leave the door slightly ajar and have fitted a door "stay" to prevent it from opening further. Storage space is not bad considering the size of the vehicle and the pay load is excellent. The kitchen is of course relatively cramped. We are lazy and generally eat out for lunch or dinner. We therefore only use the kitchen for breakfast and picnics. I suggest you read the article by Andrew and Rona Bromley in the Oct 09 issue of MMM which I fully concur with. I also fitted an external drainage valve to the fresh water tank.

Two very important points relate to the Ford Transit battery arrangement (RHD only) and the remote key fob. Please read my post under Ford Transit batteries!

I do not regret purchasing the Trendscout. Whilst not a "fancy" van the build quality is quite reasonable and the technical execution is excellent except for the water tank drain valve. I have bought much more expensive motorhomes (dare I say from a UK manufacturer) which look very nice inside but are technically very badly executed. The battery and key fob issues are Ford related."

Letsgetaway

Free Member
Jun 24, 2012
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Caravan for 4 years; new to motorhoming
Hi

Ours isn't the model with the port holes but we'll do a review of the van to let you all know what it does have. Is it ok to review the dealer too (only good things to say) and is there a specific section to post the review or shall we just do a thread?

Chocksaway is right - definately part of the Dethleff group.

Rachel & Simon

ubuntu1

Free Member
Feb 13, 2008
Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
since 2006
Globecar

I have a Globecar Campscout. Its new so just finding our way around it but so far I am impressed.

Globecar is a brand of Possl which is part of the Hymer Group. They don't build themselves but outsource to other factories. They are currently built by Dethleff (A Hymer company too) in Germany. So they aren't strictly speaking a Dethleff company but they are certainly built and supported by them. All a bit complicated but it seems to work.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back