Blue Knight

Free Member
Aug 7, 2017
Durham
Funster No
MH
Globecar Summit 640
Exp
I used to use cargo nets a lot but getting stuff in/out can be a pain in the bum as they can catch on the cording as you try to put then in/take them out, my removable table/shelf works very well, with our folding chairs on the top level and the large wheeled storage tub below with canoe at the side of it behind the red bag which holds our 2 x 5L water containers. The space on the left of the table is perfect for our crate containing the generator and Brompton. I've replaced the cable ties with key-ring 'rings' for some hooks which makes attaching the cargo net easier (it ensures nothing can 'escape').

View attachment 307111

That looks really good - I like it (y)

Our challenge is that we have a 48kg Rottweiler who needs a large chunk of space. We need to keep the garage empty and the central steps and the partition have been removed too.

Might swap him for a hamster:whistle:

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
That looks really good - I like it (y)

Our challenge is that we have a 48kg Rottweiler who needs a large chunk of space. We need to keep the garage empty and the central steps and the partition have been removed too.

Might swap him for a hamster:whistle:
Ah, yes, I forgot about your heffalump of a dog! :D Don/t you think he'll be a bit annoyed when he keeps banging his head on it though? Might end up with a 'jigsaw' chair ... :LOL:

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
I'd be tempted to use the 'indented' space to the right for storage for your stuff, with something like this which you can slot your chairs etc easily into. It would leave plenty of space for your dog still and ensure that your stuff is easy to access and won't clunk the dog on the bonce! :D

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Blue Knight

Free Member
Aug 7, 2017
Durham
Funster No
MH
Globecar Summit 640
Exp
Ah, yes, I forgot about your heffalump of a dog! :D Don/t you think he'll be a bit annoyed when he keeps banging his head on it though? Might end up with a 'jigsaw' chair ... :LOL:

I'll have more space when I get the Hamster Mel :D

I never thought a PVC would be able to cope with such a large pooch but he has a whole load of floor space available compared to any other van we've seen so far.

Blue Knight

Free Member
Aug 7, 2017
Durham
Funster No
MH
Globecar Summit 640
Exp
I'd be tempted to use the 'indented' space to the right for storage for your stuff, with something like this which you can slot your chairs etc easily into. It would leave plenty of space for your dog still and ensure that your stuff is easy to access and won't clunk the dog on the bonce! :D

I can't access the above link Mel

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Jul 9, 2018
Funster No
MH
Globecar Campscout
Exp
since 2016
Purchased a used motorhome wifi aerial and router off Ovalball on these forums and replaced my status aerial with it. Straightforward replacement as we dont tend to watch a lot of tv when away and find internet access streaming more usefull.

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
Ok fellow Globies I could do with your knowledge here, while cleaning the van this morning for our trip away next weekend I noticed a couple of wires in the passenger footwell. I’ve read that these could be pre wired for reversing cam, it a 2016 Ducato

1FA243E8-46AE-419D-9220-5DC51CD6E4E4.jpeg
FB946A86-FC6B-44B0-9721-1DC71C3D4599.jpeg
03D9B7CA-AE88-4D89-A18E-8CBF22521222.jpeg

Blue Knight

Free Member
Aug 7, 2017
Durham
Funster No
MH
Globecar Summit 640
Exp
Ok fellow Globies I could do with your knowledge here, while cleaning the van this morning for our trip away next weekend I noticed a couple of wires in the passenger footwell. I’ve read that these could be pre wired for reversing cam, it a 2016 Ducato

View attachment 312811View attachment 312812View attachment 312813

It's a bit of a shame that no one has replied to you yet.

My set-up is different to yours but I was told by a pal who has a similiar D-Line Globie to yours that it's a 6-pin wire that nests in the footwell/lower dash.

It would be nice if someone can verify the correct wire for you soon.

All the best,

Andrew

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
It's a bit of a shame that no one has replied to you yet.

My set-up is different to yours but I was told by a pal who has a similiar D-Line Globie to yours that it's a 6-pin wire that nests in the footwell/lower dash.

It would be nice if someone can verify the correct wire for you soon.

All the best,

Andrew

Cheers Andrew I'll maybe post on the main forum rather than just in here, it's just I thought it was the converter that put the cable in but thinking about it it's more likely fiat.

Blue Knight

Free Member
Aug 7, 2017
Durham
Funster No
MH
Globecar Summit 640
Exp
Cheers Andrew I'll maybe post on the main forum rather than just in here, it's just I thought it was the converter that put the cable in but thinking about it it's more likely fiat.

There are a few Globecar owners who should be able to answer this Gerry - they must be on holiday sir.

Blue Knight

Free Member
Aug 7, 2017
Durham
Funster No
MH
Globecar Summit 640
Exp
lorger

Gerry, you'll be hard pushed to find an aftermarket CCTV unit that fits the Globecar wire looms directly.

My pal had to employ an auto electrician to splice the wires and change the plugs on his aftermarket kit to get it to work.

The other option is to run your own cables under the van like what most dealers do since the dealers don't normally use the factory fitted wiring system.

I hope someone comes along for you soon.

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
I’m in no hurry I only thought about it after finding the cables it’s not something I desperately want.

Jul 28, 2018
Monmouthshire
Funster No
MH
Roadscout R
Exp
Was a campervanner, now a motohomer
So impressed with all this ...
Prior to Reading about all you clever folks re-wiring, re-routing re-designing and re-fettling your vans, I was impressed with myself for buying a collapsible washing up bowl, a tension rod, and clothes pegs ... Ho hum ... anyway, I am still at the thinking-about-it stage for a useful way to manage the compact and bijou 3-shirts wardrobe thing next to the fridge. I did get a shower hanger basket but it dink’s about a lot, is unfit for purpose and is about to be relegated. I have bought 3 little stick-on hooks still sealed in wrapper; not yet sure where, or even whether, they would be best placed (more thinking-about-it). We swapped from a camper van to a short Roadscout last year so we still think we have loads of space (despite the Motorhome shuffle) and being able stand up when it flogs with rain is an absolute delight! I don’t want to turn into Toad of Toad Hall with enthusiastic but pointless purchases, hehe. I be Looking idly for one of those cloth type hanging things (not an accurate technical term) which will Velcro to the hanging rail. And shelves... mmmm. Shelves.

Mar 29, 2018
Scottish Highlands
Funster No
MH
PVC

View attachment 312811View attachment 312812View attachment 312813

Hi lorger
It's been a madhouse here today. I had seen your question but wanted to check again under my dash. I think that there have been a few threads about Globecar camera pre-wiring - if you search just the Globecar forum for "camera" it will bring up the various discussions.
Here is my take - I have a 2018 Campscout on a Ducato base:
Yes, my Campscout is prewired for a reversing camera from behind the raised brake light to under the dash. Behind the 3rd brake light, there are cables one for the video (labelled Camera!) and another for power. Under the dash, there is the other end of the video cable - labelled Monitor (you've got to love German efficiency ;)).
I did consider installing a brake light camera and monitor but in the end, I just used a GPS wireless camera which I already had. The challenge for you will be getting the correct connections/adapters.
Good Luck.

Attachments

• Reversing Camera 4.jpg
    Reversing Camera 4.jpg
    160.8 KB · Views: 40
  • Reversing Camera 3.jpg
    Reversing Camera 3.jpg
    116.3 KB · Views: 46
  • Reversing Camera 2.jpg
    Reversing Camera 2.jpg
    161 KB · Views: 50
  • Reversing Camera 1.jpg
    Reversing Camera 1.jpg
    109.8 KB · Views: 52

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
Thanks CamperSue i had a look behind the rear light a while back and although it had a spare wire it was different from your pics, I’ll check the Globecar forum.

Mar 29, 2018
Scottish Highlands
Funster No
MH
PVC
jezport and Vanman both replaced the Truma dial controllers with a digital controller. I am considering the same and have seen this on eBay. It says it works with the 4E, which I have. Is there anything else that I need to check before knowing if it will work with my boiler?

OP
OP
jezport
Oct 29, 2008
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
since 2008
jezport and Vanman both replaced the Truma dial controllers with a digital controller. I am considering the same and have seen this on eBay. It says it works with the 4E, which I have. Is there anything else that I need to check before knowing if it will work with my boiler?
How old is your van?

OP
OP
jezport
Oct 29, 2008
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
since 2008
Thanks Jez,
While you are there, do you sell the magnetic lights you showed on here? Or if not, can you give some idea of how you made it? Magnetic tape and led strip or another way?
Thanks again
Yes I sell them, are you going to the SMC rally?

GPW

Free Member
Feb 23, 2019
Cambridge UK
Funster No
MH
Globescout Plus
Exp
Slight to minor!
Ok so I thought perhaps some small mods might be useful in my Globescout :). I suspect quite a few new owners may feel the same so hopefully answers will benefit more people than just me!

The first is that all the interior lamps (apart from the kitchen strip) have incandescent bulbs, which is a lovely warm smooth bandwidth light but I feel uses more power than required.

So does anyone have experience of the bulb type and how to change? All lamps are Dometic I think:

1. The dometic spotlamps in tracks, I have 3 of these and they all get quite warm in use.
2. The main cabin light - 2 bulbs, one bright and one dim
3. Garage and entry floor tilting on-off-auto lamps
4. Bathroom lamp (a panel lamp with a roughly 3" x 4" diffuser and small switch at the bottom)

Also 12V sockets are a bit scarce, there being a total of 2 (in the dashboard), I notice some white boxes inside the cupboards with '12V' written on, I'm guessing that's simply hab. power junction boxes for any use of?

The kitchen has 3 sockets, but 2 are blanked and the 3rd used for 240V, is it easy to add 12V sockets etc to these? Are they Dometic too?

GPW

Free Member
Feb 23, 2019
Cambridge UK
Funster No
MH
Globescout Plus
Exp
Slight to minor!
Ok just a note that the dometic rail spotlamps are already LEDs, they claim to be 1.5W and really are LEDs, so not sure why they get warm.

I can see the entrance light is a long festoon incandescent bulb. The ceiling and bathroom are badged as Globecar and I didn't have a screwdriver to hand to nip the covers off to see. So some progress anyway..

May 9, 2018
South Oxon
Funster No
MH
Globecar Campscout
Ok just a note that the dometic rail spotlamps are already LEDs, they claim to be 1.5W and really are LEDs, so not sure why they get warm.

I can see the entrance light is a long festoon incandescent bulb. The ceiling and bathroom are badged as Globecar and I didn't have a screwdriver to hand to nip the covers off to see. So some progress anyway..

I replaced the ceiling fitting with this:
Dream Lighting Caravan Interior Lights with Crystal Lens 4 Mode Setting with Programmed Switch Warm White Amazon product ASIN B07CHF28GQIt really was a 2 minute job to remove the other fitting and replace it. I think it looks much better.

I swapped the festoon in the entrance step with a led version, but it doesn't work properly, when 'off' it still glows and flickers, so more investigation needed.

Paul

GPW

Free Member
Feb 23, 2019
Cambridge UK
Funster No
MH
Globescout Plus
Exp
Slight to minor!
with this

That looks great! However such a visible mod so soon will get me shot :) so I'll store that in the memory banks...

The festoon LED may be picking up small stray induced currents that are invisible with the incandescent bulb, one idea would be to use a 12V regulator behind it such as you can get on eBay for £2 or so, like this:

You can get smaller ones but that particular design is very quiet (electrically) IME. That would also stop it fighting 14.4V as some of them have no current regulation. The LEDs I have are flat postage stamp led arrays with festoon and various adapters but really need a straight 12V.

Some will work at any voltage but all will work at 12V, so perhaps a different LED bilb may solve the ghosting you see.

Last edited:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back