Free Member
Oct 15, 2007
Neckend or North Wales.
Funster No
MH
VW T6.1Kombi day Van
Exp
Since 2004
Yes Blue Knight I removed mine totally and fitted an high level brake light with integrated camera, but now very happy with my Static caravan in north Wales ( hell of a lot more comfort ) and my classicTriumph Bonneville.
John.

Last edited:
Aug 6, 2018
Dorset
Funster No
MH
GLOBECAR CAMPSCOUT
Exp
Since 2019
This thread has got me thinking of all sorts of mods that we might need to do to our van. We've still got to wait a couple of weeks to collect it - can't wait to get started! There are so many details that I wish I'd looked more closely at now, as I know that at least some of the mods have been made already and I'm wondering if there are others that I hadn't spotted.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Blue Knight

Free Member
Aug 7, 2017
Durham
Funster No
MH
Globecar Summit 640
Exp
This thread has got me thinking of all sorts of mods that we might need to do to our van. We've still got to wait a couple of weeks to collect it - can't wait to get started! There are so many details that I wish I'd looked more closely at now, as I know that at least some of the mods have been made already and I'm wondering if there are others that I hadn't spotted.

Hi David, are you purchasing a PVC. You'll have a great time for sure - there are some great mods and upgrades in this thread.

All the best,

Andrew

Aug 6, 2018
Dorset
Funster No
MH
GLOBECAR CAMPSCOUT
Exp
Since 2019
Hi David, are you purchasing a PVC. You'll have a great time for sure - there are some great mods and upgrades in this thread.

All the best,

Andrew
Hi Andrew - yes a Globecar Campscout, hence my avid reading of this lengthy thread, which I've read from the beginning. I wonder if the former owner is/was a Funster as certainly some of the mods have been made (PO18 BLK)? I'd love to hear more of its history.

Blue Knight

Free Member
Aug 7, 2017
Durham
Funster No
MH
Globecar Summit 640
Exp
Hi Andrew - yes a Globecar Campscout, hence my avid reading of this lengthy thread, which I've read from the beginning. I wonder if the former owner is/was a Funster as certainly some of the mods have been made (PO18 BLK)? I'd love to hear more of its history.

That's a great choice David and IMO it's probably the best 6.34m long PVC on the market today. One thing seems to be evident though and that is Campscout owners really do love their vans.

If Nicky and I were ever to buy another van then I reckon we would buy a Campscout for sure (.......a 2017 or 2018 model) as the quality seems to be tip top over that era.

Have a great time with the van and post up some pics when you get it.

All the best,

Andrew

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jun 12, 2016
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Globecar Revolution
Exp
Since 2006
Once you get the van get a couple of trips in then decided what mods you want / need
Lots of folk go for solar and extra battery's for example but we can do a couple of nights without problem with the standard kit. If we are wilding we move most days
We have done a few changes over the years but not many

Nov 10, 2020
Glasgow, UK
Funster No
MH
Globecar Roadscout
Exp
Since 2017
Today's 2 minute mod.

Added a hook to the rear door for the hose, and one to the other door for the mains cable (hope that one is strong enough!). Used existing screws.
Should make them easily accessible when arriving on site.

Hooks were £1.96 for 2, but took a few weeks to arrive. I went for orange for visibility as they stick out from the door.

Amazon product ASIN B0736HM668
View attachment 271047

Paul
Paul_Oxon

This looks like a good idea! Did you just pop off the small round cover on the door? Is there already a screw underneath to use?

Was it strong enough for the mains cable?

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back