Globecar Habitation Service Schedule (1 Viewer)

gerry mcg

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 28, 2016
Glasgow, Scotland
Funster No
MH
Globecar 600L Revn
Exp
since 2016
Our van is a self imported van from Germany, coming up to its first birthday.
What is the recommended habitation service schedule. - what is required to keep warranty intact and preserve resale value?
do you go to a globecar dealer? or any NCC approved workshop / chap?
How is the Habitation service recorded? do you have / get a service book and have it stamped? keep a pile of receipts?

and finally, how much and any recommendations to get the Hab service done around Glasgow or central belt ?

thanks in advance.
Gerry

Jun 12, 2016
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Globecar Revolution
Exp
Since 2006
Hab check is yearly and needed to cover the two year warranty.
We had ours done but it was foc as part of the purchase ( van was not new when we got it)
There is a bit in the Globecar hand book for stamping
Is it worth getting done? not sure how you would get on getting any warranty work carried out other than from purchasing dealer?
Have read on the Possl forum that people have the same issues abroad as we do with non sales agents not happy doing warranty work.
Worth getting one done if you were thinking of putting it up for sale.
Globecars well stuck together anyway probably you will still be quids in just getting any repairs done with what you saved importing

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
Damp check required for warranty, hab check not normally requiered on German vans for warranty. Never had a hab check on a van perfectly capable myself.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
gerry mcg

gerry mcg

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 28, 2016
Glasgow, Scotland
Funster No
MH
Globecar 600L Revn
Exp
since 2016
yip, i understand getting any warranty work done by non-supplying dealers is going to be difficult - and i went into the decision to self import based on the taking i made (>£12k) and the likelihood of a warranty claim needing >£12k to rectify. I decided the £12k saving would pay for a lot of DIY fixes if required.

OP
OP
gerry mcg

gerry mcg

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 28, 2016
Glasgow, Scotland
Funster No
MH
Globecar 600L Revn
Exp
since 2016
Damp check required for warranty, hab check not normally requiered on German vans for warranty. Never had a hab check on a van perfectly capable myself.
as a PVC, whilst the damp check is perhaps a requirement, i suspect it is not going to be as likely to throw up a problem as on a coach built or A-Class.

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
as a PVC, whilst the damp check is perhaps a requirement, i suspect it is not going to be as likely to throw up a problem as on a coach built or A-Class.
Only if there is a problem with rooflight or window fixing or roof fittings.

Phillybarbour

Free Member
Feb 2, 2013
West Lancs
Funster No
MH
Globecar Campscout Revo.
Exp
Since 2010
I wouldn’t be over concerned if I was you, as you are not thinking of making any warranty claims why bother. Do all the checks your self as I will after the warranty period.

Vanman

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 12, 2016
Runcorn
Funster No
MH
Roadscout R PVC
Exp
March 2017
I stumbled on an example check list that may help. I have put it here.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
All you can do is contact the various Globecar dealers up your way and ask the question if you want to have it done to preserve your Globecar warranty. If I was in your position unless I could find one reasonably nearby and at a reasonable price I don't know that I'd bother with the saving you've made on self-importing - perhaps have the damp check done if it is permitted to do so separately from the full hab check to maintain your water ingress warranty but I would imagine there is very little chance of this being an issue.

We have a Globecar which will be 3 years old this May and didn't bother with a hab check at 2 years as we couldn't see the point - I can check the usual stuff myself and if something goes wrong its out of 'hab' warranty anyway. However, the ONLY exception in our case is the faulty shower tray which I reported out of warranty but as we believe it is a 'design/build fault' this makes no difference as it was wrong from the start and is being dealt with at the moment.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Just to update this, after a lot of pratting around after I proved that the shower tray was wrongly installed in the first place with no support underneath it was replaced FOC out of the warranty period. I did a separate thread on it if you need any bedtime reading!

Mar 29, 2018
Scottish Highlands
Funster No
MH
PVC
May is the 1 year anniversary of our purchase of our Campscout, purchased new from local dealer. I had them include the first hab check in the deal so will have it done in the next few months. I'll see what the do and find before I decide what to do in the future. As others have said, I'll likely have some sort of check done before the warranty expires, just in case there's something that can be covered.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back