Globecar Globestar user manual (1 Viewer)

Jenowen

Free Member
Aug 2, 2014
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
2 years
Hi, we've recently bought a brand new Globestar. Unbelievably, it arrived with no user manual. As this is our second motor home we didn't anticipate any problems and, to be honest haven't had any major difficulties.
However, where do other Globestar owners stow the table top when travelling? We pad it with foam and wedge in between the back door and toilet but is there a better solution? Would love to hear what others do.

Sep 23, 2013
Lincs
Funster No
MH
Globecar Campscout
Exp
Since 2008 (started in a VW T4 campervan)
The Globestar is both very new & intended for the UK market only, so doesn't feature in the 2014 Globecar brochure. So it's not easy to find much info on it. There are a few Globecar owners on here, but you may well be the only one with a Globestar. It may be that the English manual hasn't been written yet!

My Campscout came with an A4 ring bound manual. Mostly it just repeated what was in the individual appliance manuals. I'd have to dig it out to remember if it covered anything that wasn't covered elsewhere. If there is a specific place to stow the table, your dealer should have covered that on the handover & they may still be the best people to ask - if they don't know then they should be able to get an answer from Globecar.

All the other models in the range have tables that clip to the wall & as far as I know, they are intended to stay in place in transit. Having seen the Globestar layout, I can see that it has a central leg table & it probably would be better stowed for travel, but I wonder if Globecar intended it to stay in place?

OP
OP
Jenowen

Jenowen

Free Member
Aug 2, 2014
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
2 years
Thanks for this info, Caller. We have been singularly unsuccessful in getting any info from our dealer and it seems that Globecar do not have a Customer Service address. Have you had direct contact with them for any reason?
Whilst I appreciate that the Globestar is a new model, I find it strange that it doesn't have a manual. We have downloaded instructions for all the appliances from the internet but would just like to know what the designer intended for the layout. Just have to make it up as we go along, I guess.
Enjoy travelling in your Globescout.

Sep 23, 2013
Lincs
Funster No
MH
Globecar Campscout
Exp
Since 2008 (started in a VW T4 campervan)
No, any contact I have had has been via the dealer. I've never really been able to work out how the Globecar brand is represented in this country. It is, after all, only a brand name. They are Possi or Possl everywhere else & I don't even know if that is any more than a brand name either.

I know they are screwed together in the Dethleffs factory and there are a lot of internal similarities, but who owns who escapes me. Nor am I sure just how Dethleffs & Hymer fit together, but I understand there is common ownership somehow.

I'm planning to go to both the Malvern & Lincoln shows. I don't know about Malvern, but there will be at least two Globecar dealers at Lincoln. I'll see what I can find out. I'm also planning to drop in on the SMC Motorhome open weekend this coming weekend, so may find out something there. Trouble is, sales staff don't usually know much about a recently introduced model unless they actually have one in stock & even then you sometimes wonder if they have ever looked inside!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back