Globecar Globestar 600L - Anything similar? (1 Viewer)

curatesegg

Free Member
Sep 8, 2019
Worcestershire
Funster No
MH
Just looking
Exp
Really new to this lifestyle and been devouring information and feel I'm narrowing in on what I need.

The Globecar range and particularly the Globestar 600L ticks all the boxes. Key items being front dinette, 4 seat belted seats, 3 berth, fixed and generous bed that you don't have to climb over someone to get out of and under 6.5m.

Happy to compromise on kitchen and washroom, are there any other PVC's that will satisfy these requirements?

Cheers.

James

Feb 18, 2018
South Ayrshire
Funster No
MH
Globecar Campscout
Exp
Since 2018
Look at the Globecar Campscout ... also the Pössl variants in case you like the internal styling better.
We found very few PVCs had an adult sized 3rd bed in addition to 2 longitudinal beds.
Lots of Adria Twin owners on here ... vans look lovely so worth asking them too.

Upvote 0

mikebeaches

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 22, 2010
Bristol
Funster No
MH
Rapido V68 Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2009
Lots of folk on here have Globecar PVCs, though not sure about the Globestar 600L?

The longitudinal beds layout is good, but will be tight in a 6-metre van - look out for reduced space in the dinette area.

There is a great choice of vans with similar configuration if you go up to the next length ie 6.36 metres, which is still under your 6.5m.

Adria do one, as do Rapido (V68) and their subsidiary, Dreamer (D68), Hobby (?) and of course Globecar (Campscout) plus others I'm sure.

Dreamer used to do a 6m metre van with longitudinal beds (D58), but they appear to have dropped it now in favour of the longer D68. We were in the market for a D58 because we wanted to try to stay at the shorter length, but there was far too little legroom for me in the dinette. So we got a Rapido V68 (6.36m) - and no regrets! :)

Good luck whatever you decide. (y)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

Cheshirecat57

Free Member
Feb 3, 2018
Mid Cheshire
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years on and off
Really new to this lifestyle and been devouring information and feel I'm narrowing in on what I need.

The Globecar range and particularly the Globestar 600L ticks all the boxes. Key items being front dinette, 4 seat belted seats, 3 berth, fixed and generous bed that you don't have to climb over someone to get out of and under 6.5m.

Happy to compromise on kitchen and washroom, are there any other PVC's that will satisfy these requirements?

Cheers.

James
New or Used?

Upvote 0
OP
OP
curatesegg

curatesegg

Free Member
Sep 8, 2019
Worcestershire
Funster No
MH
Just looking
Exp
Wow, such quick informative replies. Would be willing to drop to 2 berth and I think that brings in the Adria twin and they do look nice.

Chesirecat - most likely used in the ÂŁ30k-ÂŁ40k area

Upvote 0
Aug 26, 2008
B&NES
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
since 2007
I was wondering if the OP wanted a 3rd bed simply as an occasional extra berth.

We have a 3rd bed kit for our Rapido Van dinette area but it stays at home.

Looking at this demonstration of the making up of the 3rd bed for the Globestar 600L which starts from about 7 minutes into the video it doesn't look very practical to me. The extra bits take up a lot of the storage under the main bed. You would need to cart them round the outside which is not great in bad weather. The 3rd bed makes the sliding door inaccessible, so basically you would be going in and out of the back doors (or maybe the cab doors). Where do you store the bedding during the day?

Upvote 0
OP
OP
curatesegg

curatesegg

Free Member
Sep 8, 2019
Worcestershire
Funster No
MH
Just looking
Exp
SpeedyDux - yes it would be for occasional use.

So occasional that I would be happy to compromise it.

The Rapido I've seen had the 'French style' bed and I would rather have 2 singles with the option to make a double.

The Globecar Campscout looks to be the main contender at the moment although I'm going to do some research on the Adria Twin.

Upvote 0

GPW

Free Member
Feb 23, 2019
Cambridge UK
Funster No
MH
Globescout Plus
Exp
Slight to minor!
Looking at this demonstration of the making up of the 3rd bed for the Globestar 600L which starts from about 7 minutes into the video it doesn't look very practical to me. The extra bits take up a lot of the storage under the main bed. You would need to cart them round the outside which is not great in bad weather. The 3rd bed makes the sliding door inaccessible, so basically you would be going in and out of the back doors (or maybe the cab doors). Where do you store the bedding during the day?

I have this system in my Globescout and it's easier that you'd think. After you've worked out the table clips, leg shortening and the correct seat positions (facing forward!) and the way the folding mattress plugs in it's pretty quick and routine.

From inside it's also easy to do - no need to go outside. The best place to store the wood and mattress is on top of the other beds at the back - putting them in the garage is a pain and not required.

1: Lower the dinette seat edge if required (There's a strip that raises it 20mm on mine, stow it underneath.
2: Turn both seats forward and slide them a bit forward
3: Unclip the table, remove leg extension, plug into lower point, release clips so it's anchored
4: Switch the table extension round
5: Place in postion the wooden table/bed extension from where you stored it.
6: Plop the mattress the right way around and unfold it - it's a good snug fit when it's the correct way around
7: Slide the seats back slightly to lock it all in place

Takes about 5 minutes when you are ready. I can recommend the Globescout for this because it has a large enough toilet compartment that people can use it to change - like in superman.

It's fine for the odd trip, but if you are always going to have 3+ people you may find bunk beds at the back easier - but then you won't get the nice longways beds.
Also check the Summit 640 DK model - a great washroom system in that with the doors.

Upvote 0

GPW

Free Member
Feb 23, 2019
Cambridge UK
Funster No
MH
Globescout Plus
Exp
Slight to minor!
ETA: Another option of course is to add a pop-up tent in the garage for occasional use in fine weather, or a drive-away awning if you don't mind the hassle that brings.

Upvote 0
Feb 18, 2018
South Ayrshire
Funster No
MH
Globecar Campscout
Exp
Since 2018
I was wondering if the OP wanted a 3rd bed simply as an occasional extra berth.

We have a 3rd bed kit for our Rapido Van dinette area but it stays at home.

We used the 3rd bed for the 2nd week of our 2 week holiday this year. We took the wood bits, a self-inflating camping mat (instead of the huge mattress), 2 extra duvets and s pillow.
During the first week when it wasn’t used the wood bits and the camping mal were stored in the huge garage under the fixed beds and the duvets and pillow were in a deep storage area under a bed.
When it was in use at night, during the day we just laid the wood pue es, unrolled May and duvets on one of the beds.
So we didn’t need to go outside at all. But then we don’t use the beds for lounging on.
Once up you can still use the bathroom and kitchen, but you can’t get out of the sliding door.
Worked for us as hubby got up first, then 15yo son and, once his bed was away, I got up.

Upvote 0
Feb 18, 2018
South Ayrshire
Funster No
MH
Globecar Campscout
Exp
Since 2018
ETA: Another option of course is to add a pop-up tent in the garage for occasional use in fine weather, or a drive-away awning if you don't mind the hassle that brings.

My 15yo was adamant he wanted to be in the van rather than a tent. In practice it allowed us to use Stellplatz. But he was ** such ** an easy teenager to travel with. It wouldn’t have worked with my 21yo daughter ??

Upvote 0

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
Having looked for a couple of years at all makes & models of van conversions we chose Globecar too but we had to import our model ourselves https://www.motorhomefun.co.uk/foru...mmit-600-plus-pvc-photos.184474/#post-3112288 but the Summit 640 has the twin beds Broken Link Removed & that website link (if you haven't already found it) gives you all the Globecar range whereas the UK one http://www.globecar.co.uk/ has a reduced model range although may be able to source some not listed.
CORRECTION: 2020 & special edition Globecar/Poessl models not added yet but some info. about these here https://www.motorhomefun.co.uk/forum/threads/whats-new-in-motorhomes-2020.203804/

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
With regards to space to change we have found that the tinted hab. windows give enough privacy (although not if the internal lights are on!) & although we have Silverscreens for the front windows most of the year we use Polar full privacy mesh http://www.minsterproducts.co.uk/Polar.htm (ÂŁ68 delivered so great value) instead which again gives enough daytime privacy whilst still being able to see out & then close the fitted Remis blinds at night. We used to have a curtained off area in our coachbuilt but no where suitable in our van conversion but the above system works really well so long as no-one opens the sliding door :blusher:

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
We were so busy posting that only just spotted that you are new curatesegg - forgot to say - hi & welcome to Fun! :hi:

Upvote 0
OP
OP
curatesegg

curatesegg

Free Member
Sep 8, 2019
Worcestershire
Funster No
MH
Just looking
Exp
We might be changing our 2016 Possl Roadcruiser after our October holiday.

That's within the time frame we'll be looking to buy, so if you do look to sell by all means let me have the details. We're in Worcestershire by the way so a bit of scenery between us!

Upvote 0

mikebeaches

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 22, 2010
Bristol
Funster No
MH
Rapido V68 Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2009
The Rapido I've seen had the 'French style' bed and I would rather have 2 singles with the option to make a double.
Rapido do 3 different van conversions, but only the V68 has the longitudinal single beds (which can be made into a giant double). And there is a third occasional berth available at the front - but it is a bit of a faff to put up and takes up much of the garage when not in use. We've never used the one in our van and just leave all the kit at home.

Upvote 0

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
That's within the time frame we'll be looking to buy, so if you do look to sell by all means let me have the details. We're in Worcestershire by the way so a bit of scenery between us!
I;ll be in touch once home but if you see something and would like to look at ours then feel free to get in touch for details.

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back