Globecar globescout carpet (1 Viewer)

davem1

Free Member
Dec 4, 2021
Funster No
MH
Globecar globescout
Hi I have just bought a Globecar Globescout R 2019, lovely little camper but does anyone know where you can buy removable carpets for the living area, many thanks

Coolcats

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 24, 2019
Funster No
MH
HymerCar Ayres Rock
Hi I have just bought a Globecar Globescout R 2019, lovely little camper but does anyone know where you can buy removable carpets for the living area, many thanks
We purchased turtle mats and trimmed them, can pull them out stick them in the washing machine and they look looked new each time

Riverbankannie

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 11, 2016
Bristol
Funster No
MH
IH 630 RL PVC
Exp
We purchased turtle mats and trimmed them, can pull them out stick them in the washing machine and they look looked new each time
Second that for our PVC. Got these ones, trim to fit with scissors and pull out of van to sweep clean.
Amazon product ASIN B00FYSMT6Q

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
We did the same with Marvel mats, they have been in the van 4Ā½ years they have shrunk quite a bit, used to butt up together nicely but now about 10mm gaps between them. Been washed about twice a year.
Wondering how the turtle mats fair with washing before spending another 100 quid on Marvel mats again.

Coolcats

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 24, 2019
Funster No
MH
HymerCar Ayres Rock
We did the same with Marvel mats, they have been in the van 4Ā½ years they have shrunk quite a bit, used to butt up together nicely but now about 10mm gaps between them. Been washed about twice a year.
Wondering how the turtle mats fair with washing before spending another 100 quid on Marvel mats again.
Turtle mats say they get better at catching the dirt the more they are washed and tend to agree plus no shrinkage, they are not the cheapest but does what it says on the tin

Edited to say donā€™t use a softener when washing the mats.

Last edited:
Jun 12, 2020
Scotland
Funster No
MH
Carthago 138 Compact
Exp
Since 2017
Yip. Mats only in our Globescout. Into the washing machine when they need it. Shake them out and brush with a wee hand brush when travelling.

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Turtle mats say they get better at catching the dirt the more they are washed and tend to agree plus no shrinkage, they are not the cheapest but does what it says on the tin

Edited to say donā€™t use a softener when washing the mats.
Just had a look, ouch! will cost Ā£200 to Ā£300 for my van.

Aug 31, 2021
Worcestershire, UK
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
Camping since 1995, VW van (2009), MH (2015), PVC from 2022.
We bought a couple of Marvel mats (from Dunelm), which we trimmed to fit. We hand-washed them.

Jun 7, 2019
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
30+ years
We have similar mats in our Campscout, as per previous replies, its the way to go.

Coolcats

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 24, 2019
Funster No
MH
HymerCar Ayres Rock
Just had a look, ouch! will cost Ā£200 to Ā£300 for my van.
Ours is the small HymerCar Ayres rock maybe you could carpet the entrance way with turtle and the rest with something else ?

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Ours is the small HymerCar Ayres rock maybe you could carpet the entrance way with turtle and the rest with something else ?
Yes it is the entrance one that gets quite mucky compared to the others, but it wouldn't match if we did that.

Last edited:

Coolcats

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 24, 2019
Funster No
MH
HymerCar Ayres Rock
Yes it is the entrance one that gets quick mucky compared to the others, but it wouldn't match if we did that.
Lol we have black at the entrance stripy under the table area and kitchen area and hedgehogs under the bed area šŸ˜ŽšŸ‘

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
You can probably get them somewhere but I wouldn't bother, we always take out the supplied mats when we get a MH and store them, instead putting in our own, usually Dirt Grabber/Turtle etc type but not those specific ones as they are EXPENSIVE! We use the cheaper ones form B&M, B&Q etc which are a lot cheap but do exactly the same job - just make sure you buy the cotton twill type and not the nylon mix ones which are rubbish. They are easy to take out to wash or give a shake, can be easily cut to size and replaced if one gets too badly marked.

In our current MH we have lined the floor with vinyl (in 3 sections) and have the mats on top of that - we did this because we have a double floor with locker access internally and having had a dog with 'bladder' issues we didn't want her having an accident and it going into the lockers! :oops: Even though we lost her a year ago we haven't bothered taking it out as it protects the original floor covering and is a bit warmer too and be taken out for a good scrub if we need to rather than trying to scrub the floor in the MH.

If you really want fitted 'proper' carpet you'll likely find it cheaper to make a template up and get a local place to cut some and whip the edges for you but I don't think it will be that cheap, alternatively use some of the carpet that doesn't need whipping - ludo has used this I think.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
This was a previous PVC in which I used a large 'industrial' sized dirt grabber type mat (it's what they use at shop entrances etc) and cut it to size ... fortunately despite it being green the dogs didn't think it was grass! :LOL:

green carpeting 3.JPG
green carpeting.JPG

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back