Globecar Campscout - My mods/changes website (1 Viewer)

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
As promised I've been putting info together on what I've been doing to my Campscout, there's still some work to do on it but I thought I'd better let you lot see it so you can take the p*ss etc! :D

Let me know if you spot any errors, have questions etc ... I'll keep updating it as/when I do more stuff/take photos etc.

http://globecarcampscoutinfo.yolasite.com/

Anthea M

Free Member
Deceased RIP
Oct 18, 2015
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Hobby
Exp
Since 2009
Mel I thought you had been quiet!:LOL:
You've been very busy and what a fantastic website and photos too! I love the extra things you've added to make your van more usable for you all.
Enjoy your next adventure!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

ymfb

Free Member
Jun 16, 2017
Salisbury
Funster No
MH
AS Kingham
Exp
Since 2009
Great job, Id be grateful for the link for the suction cups that you have used for the awning legs

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
nice work.. lots of good ideas..

my only comment is it wise to use the ventilation space under the fridge for storage.. ?

I appreciate it's probably a compressor fridge, so no external vents ? .. if so it needs good ventilation over the condenser, partially partially blocking this space will inhibit the air circulation.. and hence the efficiency of the fridge.. .. have you considered that.. ?

Error 404 on services page !

Last edited:
Jun 2, 2010
Flintshire
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
since 2010
Excellent Mel, it seems to me it’s a good job you had the weight uprated.(y)

SuperMike

Free Member
Apr 28, 2010
St Albans
Funster No
MH
Winnebago Sightseer
Exp
11yrs, but many years a tugger.
Not bad, I suppose ...........................

For a woman. :whistle2: .:imoutahere:

Mar 29, 2018
Scottish Highlands
Funster No
MH
PVC
Wow! Great work.
Hope you don't mind but I will definitely steal borrow some of your ideas.

Unfortunately, I can't seem to get to your Services page. I get the following error...
"404. Sorry, we can't seem to find that page, click here to return to the homepage."

Dec 29, 2012
Cheltenham
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7066df
Exp
Since 2014
Brilliant, thanks for taking the time and effort to compile the information. I always enjoy reading about owners motorhome modifications, there's always something new to learn and copy.(y)

OP
OP
Minxy

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
I've updated some of the links as they got lost (or went to sleep!) when I renamed the 'Services & AV' page last night (it was originally just called Services), for some reason they didn't automatically update but they're all working now though.

OP
OP
Minxy

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
nice work.. lots of good ideas..

my only comment is it wise to use the ventilation space under the fridge for storage.. ?

I appreciate it's probably a compressor fridge, so no external vents ? .. if so it needs good ventilation over the condenser, partially partially blocking this space will inhibit the air circulation.. and hence the efficiency of the fridge.. .. have you considered that.. ?
I did consider that but there's not a lot of stuff under there, mainly some thin flat chopping boards that are difficult to store elsewhere, so it shouldn't affect the fridge ... it certainly worked very well this weekend at Norfolk when it was scorching hot some of the time.

OP
OP
Minxy

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Great job, Id be grateful for the link for the suction cups that you have used for the awning legs
These are the suction cups I bought, but I only bought a pack of 2, rather than the 4 on the website, they cost £4.50 for the pair from the Seaflo stand and obviously no postage to pay. I know that Jezport on here also sells them at £4.99 for 2 on his stand but don't know about postage costs for his.

https://www.seaflo-uk.com/4-x-tie-d...gs-car-caravan-motorhome-4-x-4-suv-6404-p.asp

OP
OP
Minxy

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Not bad, I suppose ...........................

For a woman. :whistle2: .:imoutahere:
Good job I know you're not being serious ... :D

... or are you .... :sneaky:

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
Just had a good read through your work in progress
what did you do in the afternoon:whistle2:
Impressed :cooler::cooler:

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Something strange about the top heading "Campscout" it ends up with 2 overlapping words using Firefox.

OP
OP
Minxy

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Something strange about the top heading "Campscout" it ends up with 2 overlapping words using Firefox.
Its fine on Google Chrome and Windows Explorer, I don't have Firefox so can't check.

Has anyone else got a problem with it on Firefox?

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
A bit more data............

Using Chrome.

Now I can see Globecar and Campscout but they overlap by 50%, using Firefox they must overlap by 100%.

It's just that one heading.

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
Perfect on Safari and Chrome.. don't use FF anymore

this is on a MAC computer.. perhaps it's only on mobile devices giving problems ?

OP
OP
Minxy

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
A bit more data............

Using Chrome.

Now I can see Globecar and Campscout but they overlap by 50%, using Firefox they must overlap by 100%.

It's just that one heading.
Do you have your view larger than 100% Brian? That's the only time I get similar issues on some other sites but not on my site.

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Do you have your view larger than 100% Brian, that's the only time I get similar issues.

Nope. And I don't recall ever seeing this issue before.

Screen is 1920 x 1080.

Unaffected by window height and width, always the overlap.

So you've done something to me no other woman has managed.

OP
OP
Minxy

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Just for you Brian I've just been reworking the site and not used the main heading at all and instead created some images for the page titles ... do you like them?

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Renders perfectly.

But.

The top header is set below the top and there is an invisible hot spot in the blank area above.

Don't give up. It would look better with the My Globe...... above the menu bar. Would that still render properly ?

OP
OP
Minxy

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Renders perfectly.

But.

The top header is set below the top and there is an invisible hot spot in the blank area above.

Don't give up. It would look better with the My Globe...... above the menu bar. Would that still render properly ?
Due to the limits of the website software I have to use the set-positions of stuff and above the menu bar is the 'main heading' block which I've removed for you. I'll have another play later and see what I can sort as I don't like the gap either.

Stonemags76

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2011
Derbyshire Dales
Funster No
MH
Auto Sleepers Warwick Duo
Exp
Full Time 2011-2013, now part timers!
Can you post on this thread when you do anything else so I can have a look on the web page? Really interesting! By the way I like the suction things for the awning, but how strong are they really? Have you used it in anger yet! Thanks!

OP
OP
Minxy

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Can you post on this thread when you do anything else so I can have a look on the web page? Really interesting! By the way I like the suction things for the awning, but how strong are they really? Have you used it in anger yet! Thanks!
Will do.

I had the suction things on whilst I was re-positioning the awning light and doing other jobs, probably on for a couple of hours at least and didn't move at all, if it was windy (more than a bit of breeze) I wouldn't have the awning out anyway, but it's just a 'safety measure' really for when we're outside with it as I wouldn't leave it out normally.

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
I'll have another play later and see what I can sort as I don't like the gap either.

It may be as simple as your original header font upsets my Linux system. There's probably only a handful of Linux users seeing it anyway.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back