scotty1

Free Member
Mar 10, 2010
Kent
Funster No
MH
Wildax solaris xl
Exp
we are looking at the layout of the campscoutand realy like the layout ,is there any more conversions out there with similar layouts. ie front diner and beds at rear (campervans only) many thanks.

Theonlysue

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 14, 2009
Essex
Funster No
MH
As Executive 50th an
Exp
Not long enough!
Quite a few now. Rapido do 3 vans. Benefit is, they have slightly larger dining areas.
Some have large fridge freezers.
Some have 3 way freezers others 12/240 v only.

Mother Ship

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 21, 2011
Jersey
Funster No
MH
Pilote 626D
Exp
Since 1986
Wildax - we had the Aurora modified to our spec on long wheel base to have 2 single beds longitudinal(with 2 slide outs to make into double, which we never do but slide out 1 to store under. This way we have lounge at back during day as well as dinette up front. Found this layout very good in panel conversion.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
Mine is for sale in classified section it has a french bed at rear....

Eddie

OP
OP
scotty1

scotty1

Free Member
Mar 10, 2010
Kent
Funster No
MH
Wildax solaris xl
Exp
Hi Eddie we need single beds(2or3 trips to loo) but yours looks a good buy

pops

Free Member
May 1, 2012
south glos
Funster No
MH
Pilote panel van
Exp
since1997
Pilote Foxy Van F630F and a F630J (different fridge). We had the rear side windows fitted to ours which makes a big difference, a more open feeling. Single beds, front half dinette layout.

OP
OP
scotty1

scotty1

Free Member
Mar 10, 2010
Kent
Funster No
MH
Wildax solaris xl
Exp
Has anyone got globecar globestar,i think it was discontinude after 2015

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
Hi Eddie we need single beds(2or3 trips to loo) but yours looks a good buy

The single bed layout take up a lot of room and interior claustrophic compared to mine which has a much more open aspect. you don't have to climb over each other lol one on the inside just shimmy forward and gets out that way:)

My health not good so open to offers, its a cracking van with over £5k worth of extras

Eddie

Deleted User
Has anyone got globecar globestar,i think it was discontinude after 2015

We bought one in December, a 2012 model with the toilet etc at the back, unfortunately i cannot give much of an opinion as we have not used it yet, it is in storage until we return to the UK at Easter.
We hope that the layout will suit us for what we plan, there is lots of storage in overhead lockers and 2 wardrobes but a limited amount of under bed storage for big stuff.

If you do a search on this forum someone else has one, we contacted them via PM for their opinions but I would not like to put the reply on here without permission, one bone of contention was the beds being too narrow in single bed mode and fiddly to arrange as a double.We intend to use the single beds with mattress toppers.

I can put a few pictures that we took if you like.

There is still a Globestar produced a 600L but it has a different layout to ours with 2 single beds at the back with a step arrangement. This makes a lot more under bed storage for big stuff but less other storage space.

We did consider the van @Judge Mental is selling, it looks a superb van and will be an excellent buy for someone.We really wanted a 5.5m van and were stretching things a bit going to 6m as this will be our only vehicle and my wife needs to be able to drive it, she is a little apprehensive about this one.

The one we bought has only done 4000 miles and came with awning, tow bar and bike rack, all of which we would have needed to add plus it was local to us in Lancashire and we managed to negotiate the price into our budget.

I think there is still one new 2015 model for sale on the internet, can't remember the dealer but it comes up in a google search.

Aug 19, 2013
Wells, Somerset
Funster No
MH
Elddis 115
Exp
since 2004
I am looking to buy a new RHD Globecar or Pössl from Germany, but am finding the model variation difficult to follow, in that some seem to have a centre bathroom with folding screen, some have what is described as a separate shower room, yet when you look at the various websites for pics they often use a generic pic of either internal layout.

However, I am waiting for a quote, with delivery time quoted as September, and will get to the final layout at a later point. I'm basically happy with either layout, with a fixed-ish rear bed but would like to know what I'm going to get.

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
I am looking to buy a new RHD Globecar or Pössl from Germany, but am finding the model variation difficult to follow, in that some seem to have a centre bathroom with folding screen, some have what is described as a separate shower room, yet when you look at the various websites for pics they often use a generic pic of either internal layout.

However, I am waiting for a quote, with delivery time quoted as September, and will get to the final layout at a later point. I'm basically happy with either layout, with a fixed-ish rear bed but would like to know what I'm going to get.
Go to a german show....

Aug 19, 2013
Wells, Somerset
Funster No
MH
Elddis 115
Exp
since 2004
I've found a stockist nearby, going over there tomorrow. Can't really get to Germany till late spring.

Sep 23, 2013
Lincs
Funster No
MH
Globecar Campscout
Exp
Since 2008 (started in a VW T4 campervan)
we are looking at the layout of the campscoutand realy like the layout ,is there any more conversions out there with similar layouts. ie front diner and beds at rear (campervans only) many thanks.
It's a layout that seems to have caught on. Three years ago, the Campscout was probably the only one with that layout available in the UK (fixed bed longitudinal twin singles/large double, centre shower utilising the passageway). There are several now - some mentioned above. Adria do one that is almost identical to the Campscout, but the bed is slightly lower - by just enough that we can't get my O/H's wheelchair underneath.

Aug 19, 2013
Wells, Somerset
Funster No
MH
Elddis 115
Exp
since 2004
It's a layout that seems to have caught on. Three years ago, the Campscout was probably the only one with that layout available in the UK (fixed bed longitudinal twin singles/large double, centre shower utilising the passageway). There are several now - some mentioned above. Adria do one that is almost identical to the Campscout, but the bed is slightly lower - by just enough that we can't get my O/H's wheelchair underneath.
I have an Malibu brochure which indicates shows PVCs with 3 or 4 rear layouts with different height transverse beds, bunk beds, or odd length lengthwise (one 1.9 one 1.6) single beds. The finish on these Malibu's is something to behold.
The newer Globecars are available with a transverse single bed at the front, utilising the forward facing belted seats in the diner, with an extension stretching across to the side door. Also this side door is available with soft close (something my previous 1995 Bongo had. They've finally caught up).

Deleted User
I have an Malibu brochure which indicates shows PVCs with 3 or 4 rear layouts with different height transverse beds, bunk beds, or odd length lengthwise (one 1.9 one 1.6) single beds. The finish on these Malibu's is something to behold.
The newer Globecars are available with a transverse single bed at the front, utilising the forward facing belted seats in the diner, with an extension stretching across to the side door. Also this side door is available with soft close (something my previous 1995 Bongo had. They've finally caught up).

Whilst this third bed is a good use of space I would be worried about getting out of the vehicle in an emergency.

Sep 23, 2013
Lincs
Funster No
MH
Globecar Campscout
Exp
The newer Globecars are available with a transverse single bed at the front, utilising the forward facing belted seats in the diner, with an extension stretching across to the side door.

Whilst this third bed is a good use of space I would be worried about getting out of the vehicle in an emergency.
We have that third bed, although we have never used it yet. We wanted the better table, which you need to be able have the bed & once you have the table, the extra for the bed was minimal. If nothing else, it means we can advertise it as a 3 berth!

I don't think it would make getting out too difficult. If I needed to get out in a hurry from the rear beds, I'd be going out through the back doors anyway. The third bed doesn't stop the sliding door opening & the bed is only seat height, so wouldn't present much of a barrier - especially if driven by adrenalin! The person sleeping in it would have no problem - out in 5 seconds flat & still in their sleeping bag!

I wouldn't consider it as a regular berth - I think it's really only suitable for occasional use, but handy for a family member over a weekend, say.

Aug 19, 2013
Wells, Somerset
Funster No
MH
Elddis 115
Exp
since 2004
I know what you mean about exits, but our bed in our present van reaches up to the door with a little floor space, there was none in the previous Bongo, you just open the door and tumble out. It really is no problem. There'll be more floor obstruction it's true, you just get used to it. And you always have the rear doors that you could open. It might be easier to get out of a PVC than a larger van with separate rooms, a very narrow door and all.

Sep 23, 2013
Lincs
Funster No
MH
Globecar Campscout
Exp
The Malibu 640 is almost the same layout as the Campscout. The principle difference is the way the washroom is laid out, but otherwise it is very similar.

One thing about the Campscout layout that I didn't really consider before purchase is that the fridge is mounted so that it's base is at worktop height. That means that you can see into the fridge & take things out of it without bending down or grovelling on your knees in the inevitably narrow space in front of it. :)(y) A high level fridge is now going on the 'highly desirable' section of the spec for the next van & if we ever redo the kitchen at home (again) it's on the list for there too. It just makes life so much easier - particularly for those of us who are both tall & with dodgy knees. The only drawback is that if you do forget to do the catch up & the contents all spew out at the first roundabout, they do have further to gather momentum before crashing onto the floor. :(

Aug 19, 2013
Wells, Somerset
Funster No
MH
Elddis 115
Exp
since 2004
My slight worry is all that weight up at head level in the event of an accident .... It doesn't pay to help to worry about such things I suppose. I agree it's easier access, and more particularly easy viewing.

As regards the Mailibu, to me it seems a cut above the rest for the finish. I'm still planning to buy a Globecar though. Or Gocart, as I sometimes call them.

Sep 23, 2013
Lincs
Funster No
MH
Globecar Campscout
Exp
My slight worry is all that weight up at head level in the event of an accident ....
I'd worry more about a microwave, which are also usually fitted somewhere up there. We don't have one though. At the moment, the high probability of my already knackered knees & back giving out outweighs the low probability of a head-on of sufficient force to plant the fridge in the back of my neck.

I was going to say that if I worried too much about things like that I would never leave the house, but then I remembered that both accidents to my knees happened at home. Maybe I should get out more & be safer. :D

Charlie

Free Member
May 16, 2015
Herefordshire / Worcestershire borders .
Funster No
MH
Auto Sleeper Kemerton.
Exp
Im a newbie
I'd worry more about a microwave, which are also usually fitted somewhere up there. We don't have one though. At the moment, the high probability of my already knackered knees & back giving out outweighs the low probability of a head-on of sufficient force to plant the fridge in the back of my neck.

I was going to say that if I worried too much about things like that I would never leave the house, but then I remembered that both accidents to my knees happened at home. Maybe I should get out more & be safer. :D

I agree... No kneed to worry .......

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back