Globecar 600L Revolution on order (1 Viewer)

Oct 29, 2008
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
since 2008
We don't have a 'winter' pack on ours but have used it in sub-zero temperatures and the only thing that was a bit of an issue was the slight draught that came through the rear doors where they join if the wind is in a certain direction, soon solved that with a length of foam pipe insulation which fits perfectly in the gap and stays in place on it's own. I also made some insulated pads for the rear door windows (out of an old internal windscreen insulated screen) because the existing concertina blinds are just too easy to damage on a night time if they get hit with the bedding and make a hell of a noise if you do! The pads are easy to put on/take off and obviously add some insulation to the windows, I've also made a pad for the window at the end of the bed too which can be used it looks like it's gonna get really cold overnight. I already had pads for both roof vents which I used in our previous PVC as well which give insulation, from both the cold and the heat too, and on a night time they block out the light much better than the blinds so I don't end up getting woken by light creeping round the sides.

If we are going to go away in winter I quickly put in some thermal curtains on a push/twist fit shower rod that fits nicely just inside the rear doors but obviously in warmer weather I just take them out - as we often have to open the rear doors for stuff having a more permanent rear 'pad' arrangement just wouldn't work for us.

Mine has rear curtains as standard.
Ive had some rear window covers/blind protectors laser cut from perspex

Were away in our van tonight so will see if the extra insulation I added makes a difference.

I may look at making a rear door thermal winter cover if I feel any cold tonight

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
If you could add photos, I may make one up.

Here's one from outside. If you look at the borrow you will see the Zips. I have stuck Velcro to the flap so when I want in it holds it up. The cover is held on with studs/poppers
image.jpeg

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Sep 23, 2013
Lincs
Funster No
MH
Globecar Campscout
Exp
Since 2008 (started in a VW T4 campervan)
Mine's different to that. I'll do some photos later - might be after the weekend now.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
image-jpeg.137823

If I had that on the rear of our van I'd feel like a turkey stuck in the oven being cooked for Christmas!!!
:xblink:

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Mine has rear curtains as standard.
Ive had some rear window covers/blind protectors laser cut from perspex

Were away in our van tonight so will see if the extra insulation I added makes a difference.

I may look at making a rear door thermal winter cover if I feel any cold tonight

We went down the perspex route but found it a pain having to remove it each time we wanted to open/close the blinds or windows, the pads are easier as they sit 'in' the window apertures and can be easily pulled out and put back, or partly folded down to let a bit of light in ... especially useful in a morning whilst we're having our cuppa in bed as one of our dogs thinks that the view out of the door window next to me has a much better view than any of the others so it just HAS to be available to look out of!!!! :rolleyes:

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
image-jpeg.137823

If I had that on the rear of our van I'd feel like a turkey stuck in the oven being cooked for Christmas!!!
:xblink:
Better to feel like a Turkey than an Ice Cream :) if you look at the interior photos you will see its a different finish inside plus once we pull the curtains you wouldn't know it was there.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
In order for one of my dogs to be able to look out of her 'favourite' rear door window in a morning I'd have to put a ruddy flap in it!

Gobble, gobble ....

OP
OP
gerry mcg

gerry mcg

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 28, 2016
Glasgow, Scotland
Funster No
MH
Globecar 600L Revn
Exp
since 2016
this is an idea from the German forum that we are likely to copy - looks like a pretty good way to do it and makes the rear bunk look quite homely
Screen Shot 2016-12-18 at 08.15.13.png
Screen Shot 2016-12-18 at 08.15.26.png

Sep 23, 2013
Lincs
Funster No
MH
Globecar Campscout
Exp
Since 2008 (started in a VW T4 campervan)
This is mine.
First photo is without the screens. You can just see the screens bottom left in the plastic bag they came in. The odd metallic structure is the top of the wheelchair hoist & the hanging strap is the (now modified) way of supporting the bed a little raised to get the wheelchair to slide in. It drops back down once inside. You can see the row of poppers the screens fasten with along the top rail.

Back open.jpg

Then a rather poor photo, taken in poor light conditions, of the screens in place.

Screens.jpg

Detail of the full length zip that goes straight down the centre. When I want full access to the garage & don't want to just push through the gap or underneath, I open the zip & push the screens onto the bed.

zip.jpg

The view from inside. The shiny globe isn't a fancy light - I think it's my finger. Sorry about that, but not going back for another attempt! You will see that my curtains end up outside the screen, which is not as good an arrangement as the newer ones.

inside.jpg

We also made up a thermal blackout curtain to drop behind the front seats. This is handy for a bit of stealth camping, or just to shut off the cab & keep the heat in the rear. The heating is well up to keeping the whole lot warm, but it does save on both gas & on the amount of condensation on the cab windows if the screen is up. I usually only use it if I'm on my own or if we really do want the van to appear unoccupied. This last photo shows where it fastens with poppers to the over-cab cubby hole.

front poppers.jpg

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back