Globecar 600L Revolution on order (1 Viewer)

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Welcome to another 'GOAFER'!!! :D

Jun 22, 2011
Onchan, Isle of Man
Funster No
MH
Carthago
Exp
Since Nov 2010 after 25 yrs under canvas.
We have a Globecar Campscout - I think it is a bit longer (6.36m). Brilliant van. Absolutely love it. I do regret not getting the comformatic gearbox, we just have poor mans manual.

Riverbankannie

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 11, 2016
Bristol
Funster No
MH
IH 630 RL PVC
Exp
image.gif

mikebeaches

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 22, 2010
Bristol
Funster No
MH
Rapido V68 Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2009
We so nearly bought a Globecar 600L (as opposed to the 'Revolution' version). They are a lovely van - in fact all the Globecars are. But in the end, for a variety of reasons, we finally settled on a Rapido V68 with Comfortmatic.

Hope you enjoy the new van.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jun 12, 2016
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Globecar Revolution
Exp
Since 2006
Hi
The wait is going to drive you mad
We have a Campscout Revolution and are happy bunnys with it
Usall plug for the owners forum if you have not found it already globecar.forumatic.com
Enjoy

Oct 29, 2008
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
since 2008
Hi,
Im a Globecar Campscout (R)evolution owner as of the last few weeks. We changed from a lot bigger van and love the convenience of a panel van and love the extra height of the (R)evolution and the flexibility of the layout.

Anthea M

Free Member
Deceased RIP
Oct 18, 2015
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Hobby
Exp
Since 2009
Congratulations . Looks a lovely van we loved the globecar build and designs.

Oct 29, 2008
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
since 2008
We have the longer version of pretty much the same van.
We love the extra height as it makes the space feel so much bigger. There is extra space in the top lockers also.

We have added insulation to the doors as the tear doors have no insulation it's a good idea to do it. We will do the cab doors also.

OP
OP
gerry mcg

gerry mcg

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 28, 2016
Glasgow, Scotland
Funster No
MH
Globecar 600L Revn
Exp
since 2016
I read that the lack of insulation in the doors was intentional and if it were added, it caused issues with anti- corrosion warranty as it encouraged dampness to lie in the door cavity

mikebeaches

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 22, 2010
Bristol
Funster No
MH
Rapido V68 Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2009
Looks a great van - bet you can't wait to get over to Germany in the New Year to collect it!

Hope you enjoy it as much as we do with our van conversion. (y)

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
We have the longer version of pretty much the same van.
We love the extra height as it makes the space feel so much bigger. There is extra space in the top lockers also.

We have added insulation to the doors as the tear doors have no insulation it's a good idea to do it. We will do the cab doors also.

I read that the lack of insulation in the doors was intentional and if it were added, it caused issues with anti- corrosion warranty as it encouraged dampness to lie in the door cavity

When we purchased urs from the same dealer in Germany we added the winter pack, this included a full length insulation mat for the interior of the back door. So far very pleased with it, view from inside with insulation in place.
12491970_10153920381763701_3548897082717440572_o.jpg
12493884_10153920381423701_1008218253253738938_o.jpg

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
Forgot to say it actually goes all the way to the floor with zips for access to the garage area.

Sep 23, 2013
Lincs
Funster No
MH
Globecar Campscout
Exp
Since 2008 (started in a VW T4 campervan)
When we purchased urs from the same dealer in Germany we added the winter pack, this included a full length insulation mat for the interior of the back door.
We didn't order the winter pack with ours, but when the van arrived, there it was! It also includes a heater for the grey waste tank, with a switch up by the control panel that isn't marked, is identical to the other switches & has to be looked at twice to see whether it's on or off. The heater control panel itself has a little red LED that lights up when it's on, but is installed out of sight in the under-dinette seat locker space. You can guess where this is going!

Sure enough, it got turned on by accident & resulted in a flat battery. Switch is now taped in the off position with matching insulation tape. Realistically, only useable when on EHU. Not used it once (intentionally!) in 3 1/2 winters yet. I do use the insulation mat at the rear though. Works well, even though it is a bit of a pain when you need to be in the garage - which we do a lot because that's where the wheelchair travels. I only put it up the other day for the first time this winter. If the forecast stays as it is at the moment, I might put it away again for this weekend, because it's hardly winter weather.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
We don't have a 'winter' pack on ours but have used it in sub-zero temperatures and the only thing that was a bit of an issue was the slight draught that came through the rear doors where they join if the wind is in a certain direction, soon solved that with a length of foam pipe insulation which fits perfectly in the gap and stays in place on it's own. I also made some insulated pads for the rear door windows (out of an old internal windscreen insulated screen) because the existing concertina blinds are just too easy to damage on a night time if they get hit with the bedding and make a hell of a noise if you do! The pads are easy to put on/take off and obviously add some insulation to the windows, I've also made a pad for the window at the end of the bed too which can be used it looks like it's gonna get really cold overnight. I already had pads for both roof vents which I used in our previous PVC as well which give insulation, from both the cold and the heat too, and on a night time they block out the light much better than the blinds so I don't end up getting woken by light creeping round the sides.

If we are going to go away in winter I quickly put in some thermal curtains on a push/twist fit shower rod that fits nicely just inside the rear doors but obviously in warmer weather I just take them out - as we often have to open the rear doors for stuff having a more permanent rear 'pad' arrangement just wouldn't work for us.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back