Glencoe skiing (1 Viewer)

Jul 29, 2007
Ipswich
Funster No
MH
RV and PVC
Exp
30 years
Now back home and the RV is back in storage. I think the maf if buggered, had a blow back, will only tick over on LPG, and not run at all on petrol.
Rip it to bits tomorrow. May still get to go if I can fix it. :)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jul 29, 2007
Ipswich
Funster No
MH
RV and PVC
Exp
30 years
After pulling the Maf and gas carb off, the carb is toast, the Maf looks ok, so I need a new carb, or change to multipoint?
IMG_20180203_103031.jpg

Apr 5, 2016
Notts
Funster No
MH
Frankia
Exp
Since 2016
Good luck skiing.... I got back two weeks ago from Livigno in Italy where we ski twice a year. This time however I brought back my left knee with: damaged Medial ligament, snapped cruciate, damaged meniscus and bruised femur. Sadly only one ski holiday for me this year.....and many months recovery.... roll on next year :)

Jul 29, 2007
Ipswich
Funster No
MH
RV and PVC
Exp
30 years
Bummer, I would give your post a "like" but that hardly seems appropriate.
All the best with your recovery. What happened as that sounds like quite a fall?

Apr 5, 2016
Notts
Funster No
MH
Frankia
Exp
Since 2016
Really not sure what happened, likely caught an edge and had a spectacular fall. Sadly one of my skis didn't come off so knee buggered. Poddling around in a leg brace to let medial ligament heal then likely to have surgery thereafter. Ho hum, still get about in the moho though!!

Jul 29, 2007
Ipswich
Funster No
MH
RV and PVC
Exp
30 years
Latest plan: :)
I can probably get a new Maf by Tuesday/Wednesday and drive on petrol but I won't be there till Thursday earliest or?
Sil was driving up on Thursday so I thought forget the RV come up with him and stay in a local hotel, petrol alone in the RV would be £500+ should be able to book rooms for us for a few days for that.

Going to wait until Wednesday to check weather, and if it's ok try and get rooms.

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
Feeling a lot better if not 100% so plan is to head up Monday morning sometime and Ski or try to ski Tuesday Wednesday.
@olley did you book a hook up pitch if so I don't mind paying you for the two nights if your not using it and can't get a refund or could you get them to transfer the booking to a micro lodge instead of a hotel if you do come up.

@Red Dragon hoping to be there tomorrow are you sure you don't mind spending half an hour with me to get me started, only skied about 5 times and the last being two years ago so still very much a beginner.

Jul 29, 2007
Ipswich
Funster No
MH
RV and PVC
Exp
30 years
Hi Lorger I doubt we will be coming up in the RV so just take my booking, I will ring them today to say I am going to be a day late. Don't want any money just make a donation to lifeboats or Alzheimer's.
I have it booked from today till Friday, then again on Saturday for one night till Sunday. When I booked it Friday night wasn't available so I envisioned moving off the pitch for one night, and then back on again on Saturday. That was all that was available.
Week after next is fully booked, school holidays.

OP
OP
Red Dragon
Apr 23, 2010
Isle Of Man
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
4 years
@lorger no problem if you get up here,make yourself known we are in the Hymer with the Manx plate:clap2:

Jul 29, 2007
Ipswich
Funster No
MH
RV and PVC
Exp
30 years
Can't get a new Maf, had to order from the states, 3-11 days delivery so sorry RD won't be going. Had a chat to sil about hotel but not keen so no Glen Coe this year.:(

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
Olley thanks for the pitch shame you couldn't make it, hopefully be another chance once Steve has turned me into a pro skier

Dec 5, 2017
York, UK
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph 745
Exp
Almost approaching average
Hello. Can anyone confirm how level or otherwise the Glencoe Mountain Resort Car park is?

Booked in there with hook up next week and I’d like to make an omelette of an even thickness!

Do I need some ramps/planks/telephone directories?

Cheers

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
Hello. Can anyone confirm how level or otherwise the Glencoe Mountain Resort Car park is?

Booked in there with hook up next week and I’d like to make an omelette of an even thickness!

Do I need some ramps/planks/telephone directories?

Cheers
The pitches are pretty level with just a gentle slope on the higher numbered one 9&10. I stayed on 10 and had to drive on to the second level of my ramps but the van next to me didn't bother

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back