lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
Taking a run up to Glencoe for some skiing hopefully :) if there is some snow,we shall be there on the
4th Feb till the 9th so if you fancy some free ski lessons(ex ski instructor) come on up(y):cool:

We have tried skiing 3 times now and although I'm no good at it I do really enjoy it, I took our daughter Sophie the first time and we booked the 2 hour lesson with ski and lift pass for the remainder of the day. At first we couldn't stand up by the end of the day we came down the longer green slope, I know it's nothing much but we loved it. Went the second day and managed all day without falling, we then went the following year with other funsters and had a great laugh although Lorraine didn't take to it. I then tried Glenshee with Sophie and didn't quite enjoy it as much as Glencoe as we thought the so called easy slope was harder, I think going once a year doesn't help.
I will check my shift card and if off might take you up on your offer, Sophie is currently studying in Flagstaff Arizona and they have a big ski area there called the ski bowl, they make artificial snow when the real stuff isn't there and she's hoping of updating her skills.

We also went for Snowboard lessons at the indoor slope in Glasgow, I didn't enjoy it as much as skiing, main reason being I couldn't reach my feet to fit the board :)

OP
OP
Red Dragon
Apr 23, 2010
Isle Of Man
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
4 years
Are you staying in your motorhome on site rd?

@olley Yes we are going up in the Moho and have booked onto EHU not been to Glencoe before but have done Aviemore,Glenshee and the Lecht so a new one for us.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jul 29, 2007
Ipswich
Funster No
MH
RV and PVC
Exp
30 years
Interested rd, been on the dry ski slope and had a week in both Les 2 and Tignes last year, but spent time drinking rather than skiing, (I blame the company I was with) so little more than a beginner.
Had a look and they do have a hook up for the week, be on my own, wife not interested.

I will have a think this afternoon. 500 miles from Ipswich. Let you know.

Jul 29, 2007
Ipswich
Funster No
MH
RV and PVC
Exp
30 years
Can only book 5 nights on leccy, so will just run the genny for the other couple. All booked see you Sunday the 4th.

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
@lorger That would be great if you make it:cool:(y)
Just checked my shift card and I'm off until the Friday that week, Lorraine will be working so I'll give it some thought over the next day or two and let you know.

They have about 10 hook-up pitches and some pods sitting behind them, they also don't mind you parking in the car park if using the lifts. They have also installed showers although I've never used them, the cafe/bar at base is nice at night after a days skiing and has a lovely log fire, they also have a cafe at the first level close to most of the lifts and it does excellent hot soup just remember to take cash as last time we were there they did't take cards up there.

If any kids are going they give out free sledges if you buy a lift pass, great fun for all the family.

Sep 18, 2016
Bonnyrigg
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs 7057DBL
Exp
I was up there yesterday there is plenty of snow at the moment and more forecast. Got really wild late afternoon.

There was about 6 motorhomes there and a couple staying over in the hook ups. We parked up on Friday night at Ben More Lodge just 30 minutes away. Great wee Scottish pub with open fire, Good beer, food and banter. Really dog friendly as well.

I was planning to go back for another day of practice before I head to the Alpe D'Huez on the 24th Feb. I just learnt to ski last year so it took a bit of getting used to yesterday putting the skis on again. I could have done with a bit of instruction.

Dec 28, 2016
North Wales
Funster No
MH
Chausson 627GA
Exp
There the weekend before unfortunately so will miss this generous offer!

Never been skiing in Scotland before-looking forward to trying it out!

Jul 29, 2007
Ipswich
Funster No
MH
RV and PVC
Exp
30 years
Got 2 weeks before I go, won't arrive till the late afternoon when people will be leaving so should be fine.

Dec 28, 2016
North Wales
Funster No
MH
Chausson 627GA
Exp
Looks like a chaotic day according to their twitter/facebook feed at Glencoe today! Hope they clear it before Thursday!

Jul 29, 2007
Ipswich
Funster No
MH
RV and PVC
Exp
30 years
No skiing today and not looking good Tuesday and Wednesday, very windy.

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
Not sure if I'll make it up next week as I'm full of the Flu, Lorraine's been off with it for over 2 weeks now and I've had it for 10 days but does seem to be clearing. I will update you closer to the time.

Jul 29, 2007
Ipswich
Funster No
MH
RV and PVC
Exp
30 years
No probs, son in law is coming up with the grandson on following Thursday-friday assuming the weather is ok, so I won't be leaving till Monday at the earliest.

ambulancekidd

Funster
Sep 23, 2014
Ayrshire Scotland
Funster No
MH
Swift Kon-Tiki 640
Exp
Since 1964 Gosh that makes me feel old.
We have tried skiing 3 times now and although I'm no good at it I do really enjoy it, I took our daughter Sophie the first time and we booked the 2 hour lesson with ski and lift pass for the remainder of the day. At first we couldn't stand up by the end of the day we came down the longer green slope, I know it's nothing much but we loved it. Went the second day and managed all day without falling, we then went the following year with other funsters and had a great laugh although Lorraine didn't take to it. I then tried Glenshee with Sophie and didn't quite enjoy it as much as Glencoe as we thought the so called easy slope was harder, I think going once a year doesn't help.
I will check my shift card and if off might take you up on your offer, Sophie is currently studying in Flagstaff Arizona and they have a big ski area there called the ski bowl, they make artificial snow when the real stuff isn't there and she's hoping of updating her skills.

We also went for Snowboard lessons at the indoor slope in Glasgow, I didn't enjoy it as much as skiing, main reason being I couldn't reach my feet to fit the board :)

I'd jump at the chance if I was you Gerry, it isn't too often we get the offer of an ex pro instructor.
I used to adore heading to Glencoe to ski, sadly a really arthritic hip stops me nowadays, but oh what I'd give to go again.

Jul 29, 2007
Ipswich
Funster No
MH
RV and PVC
Exp
30 years
Been no skiing since last Sunday at Glen Coe, and I think the rest of Scotland, too windy. hope it's better next week.:)

OP
OP
Red Dragon
Apr 23, 2010
Isle Of Man
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
4 years
Thats us heading off island tomorrow and then up to the mountains on Sunday,forecast is for high pressure moving in so hopefully calm it down a bit.(y):cool:
@lorger @olley

Jul 29, 2007
Ipswich
Funster No
MH
RV and PVC
Exp
30 years
Sorry RD I won't make it, broken down on the A14, now waiting for recovery.:(

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
Thats us heading off island tomorrow and then up to the mountains on Sunday,forecast is for high pressure moving in so hopefully calm it down a bit.(y):cool:
@lorger @olley

@Red Dragon feeling a bit better so still hoping to get up but won't make any promises yet. If I do make it up it will probably be Sunday sometime and home Tuesday.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back