Glastonbudget (1 Viewer)

Jan 19, 2012
Leicester
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2012
Are/were any Funsters at this festival in Leics? Writing this from home, as we left today, having got cold feet re exiting the site along a single corridor across the fields. Tomorrow I would estimate some 500 vehicles, cars as well as cars+caravans and motorhomes, will be attempting to leave via the same route. When I left it was already really badly cut up following some 24 hours of rain. I was able to leave the van in second, foot off, and let it drive itself off, but if I'd had to stop I'd have been in difficulties on some sections. Would be interested to hear from any other Funsters. As it was a shame to leave on the sunniest day - would like to think I made the right decision!

Brisey

Deceased RIP
Sep 4, 2007
Sutton on Sea
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2003
Hi ericinabike, there were two other Funsters in attendance at Glastonbudget. Namely Grasscutter and ourselves. The sun has been out all day here with a drying wind. The exit roads have dried out considerably during the day. Grasscutters left about 30 minutes ago and drove off without any problems, hopefully it will be the same for us in the morning. There is some really serious mud in the arena area where it is some 4 - 5 inches deep. We have had a great time here at Glastonbudget, we have listened to some really good bands and feel like we have really experienced a true festival.
Brisey.

daisy mae

Free Member
Mar 12, 2013
Leicestershire
Funster No
MH
C class Coachbuilt
Exp
I`m a newbie, now 1 year
My Grandson was going his first festival, haven`t heard how he got on yet. sounded good, it is not far from me.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
E
Jan 19, 2012
Leicester
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2012
Glad you enjoyed it Brisey, me too! Best of luck for tomorrow's exit, let us know how you get on.

grasscutter

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 11, 2009
East Wittering. West Sussex.
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis i588
Exp
Started in 1980
When I left tonight the ground was certainly much firmer than this morning.
Just seen the forecast for tomorrow morning and it looks OK.
Good luck getting out Brisey, and thanks for a great weekend.
My favourites must be Mercury (Queen tribute) and the Bootleg Beatles. :thumb:

Brisey

Deceased RIP
Sep 4, 2007
Sutton on Sea
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2003
We were up early this morning, leaving the camping area at 6-30 am. We had no rain during the night and the driveways were quite firm. Drove off through 3 fields without any problems, rain is forecast for this morning which should make things interesting for those still on site.
Brisey.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back