glass's caravan and motorhome guide (1 Viewer)

freelanderuk

Free Member
Sep 24, 2009
Saltfleet/Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
I have seen people ask about the trade in value of their vans and if there was a guide price , only to be told no and best way to get an idea about prices was see what was selling at the time and what they had sold for on ebay .

last night while out i was given for a couple of day a glass's price guide book for motorhomes and caravans that the trade use , it contains all the vans makes apart from rv's, it list trade value, mileage ,retail value and cost new, any body else seen this book , its dated august 2012

Last edited by a moderator:

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
Yes ive seen it, it is a trade publication only available to genuine traders and very expensive to subscribe to.
It is what it says it is and that is a Guide, unless you can see the vehicle in its flesh it will still be a best guess price, adjustments are made for condition inside and out also milage They are available for cars, boats planes you name it
G

Last edited:

jollyrodger

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 1, 2012
Devon/Cornwall
Funster No
MH
'Obby
Exp
Since 1968'ish
Having been in the trade(Light commercial Vehicles) and subscribing to Glasses and Blacks Guide on a yearly basis ,as already said very expensive.
some would say the traders Bible ,but time and time again proved wrong by both the purchase price and final sale price, but they are only guides.
Older vehicles not in the guides and ye still command a very good price, due to what they are.
Unfortunately your new vans loose, possibly thousands the moment you drive it away from dealers showroom, and how many have bought from
Mr Nice :thumb:and then come up against the Mr Angry :Angry:when things go wrong .My observation only.:winky:

s123wba

Free Member
May 23, 2012
black country
Funster No
MH
low profile coachbuilt
Exp
since 2011
If I send over details of my van could you give me a price please? Brownhills recently gave me a quote that was so ridiculously low that it was an insult!
Cheers.

funny they only quote glass's price on the part exchange never the one they are selling:roflmto::roflmto::roflmto::roflmto::roflmto:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Merle

Free Member
Mar 31, 2013
Wiltshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2008
A very good friend who was a car dealer most of his working life used to say there are hundreds of new cars but only one second hand....supply and demand controls value.....that and condition

s123wba

Free Member
May 23, 2012
black country
Funster No
MH
low profile coachbuilt
Exp
since 2011
one dealer quoted me the glass's price i sent him some photos 30 minuets later he phoned me back and offered me 7 grand more what dose that tell you :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

jonandshell

Free Member
Dec 12, 2010
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Not got one!
Exp
Since 2006
I think the motor trade price guides tread on very thin ice from a legal standpoint.

Shouldn't market value be dictated by demand, not 'price fixing'?:Eeek:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back