Glasgow park 4 nights (1 Viewer)

May 17, 2016
Aberdeenshire
Funster No
MH
B524
Exp
2nd base
I am wondering if anyone has used any of the stops that are shown on park 4 nights app.

Going down this weekend and the price of city centre hotels has scared me in to taking the van down.

I liked the look of the stop off of Blackfriars Road but when I went on google street view it looked like the sign says it is closed on Sundays - no use to me.

Any information on the car park off Collins Street? Looks like a quiet little corner I could nab in there.

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
Never used it for overnight and probably wouldn't, if you need to be in the city center try Shield road P&R they have undercover which wouldn't suit but they also have an open car park and have CCTV so should be safe.

Do you need to be in the city?

OP
OP
monzer
May 17, 2016
Aberdeenshire
Funster No
MH
B524
Exp
2nd base
Never used it for overnight and probably wouldn't, if you need to be in the city center try Shield road P&R they have undercover which wouldn't suit but they also have an open car park and have CCTV so should be safe.

Do you need to be in the city?

I'm going down for the football. Will only be spending Sunday night over night.

I'm hard as nails so a few buckie swilling weegies wont bother me :LOL:

The Collins Street car park looks to have a pretty quiet corner in it.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Gellyneck

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 5, 2014
Scotland
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
More than toes wet now!
You might want to look at parking at Pollock House \ The Burrell?
NTS with spaces for coaches and I think they let MH's park there?

OP
OP
monzer
May 17, 2016
Aberdeenshire
Funster No
MH
B524
Exp
2nd base
You might want to look at parking at Pollock House \ The Burrell?
NTS with spaces for coaches and I think they let MH's park there?

Thanks, I saw that and it looks like a nice spot, not too far from where I want to be either.

I had a look on that pub stop overs site and it threw up a pub called Beechings Bar. It has a secure car park round the back and apparently they let campers use it as long as they are spending cash in their bar. It's a short walk to Hampden for the football but being that end of the stadium I reckon it will be chock a block full of rangers supporters so I don't think I will be too welcome in my Aberdeen kit ;)

Gellyneck

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 5, 2014
Scotland
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
More than toes wet now!
T
I had a look on that pub stop overs site and it threw up a pub called Beechings Bar. It has a secure car park round the back and apparently they let campers use it as long as they are spending cash in their bar. It's a short walk to Hampden for the football but being that end of the stadium I reckon it will be chock a block full of rangers supporters so I don't think I will be too welcome in my Aberdeen kit ;)
That used to be the old Cathcart Station before they opened the new one and I used to travel to there now and again.
Never been in it but have heard from a couple of guys I know who stay in Cathcart that it's a good pub and whilst there are football supporters in it it doesn't tend to be too partisan!
What it's like for parking overnight??? Having said that, and this is from way back memory, it'll probably be the old station car park and, if so, the entrance was pretty tight (narrow gate and 90 degree turn)! Maybe they've opened it up a bit if they use it for beer deliveries as the main road isn't suitable for parking \ loading. It will also be the beer garden.

OP
OP
monzer
May 17, 2016
Aberdeenshire
Funster No
MH
B524
Exp
2nd base
@Gellyneck

Yeah I had a look on Google Street and satellite View and you can see the entrance 100 yards or so up from the rear of the pub. They do say it is a bit tight and there is a gate there which is locked at night.

Anyway I'm undecided on what to do. I'll probably end up just taking the car down and try and get away early if we end up getting humped in the first half :LOL:

Gellyneck

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 5, 2014
Scotland
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
More than toes wet now!
@Gellyneck

Yeah I had a look on Google Street and satellite View and you can see the entrance 100 yards or so up from the rear of the pub. They do say it is a bit tight and there is a gate there which is locked at night.

Anyway I'm undecided on what to do. I'll probably end up just taking the car down and try and get away early if we end up getting humped in the first half :LOL:
Ah but if you're doing the humping would you not be better with the moho?
NAW!, I meant the football - nothing else!!!!!:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
Hampden for the football but being that end of the stadium I reckon it will be chock a block full of rangers supporters so I don't think I will be too welcome in my Aberdeen kit ;)
I thought you said you was as hard as nails.:ROFLMAO:

Pugsy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 3, 2018
D&G
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
Since 2012
Hope your Glasgow trip went ok.What did you do in the end (car or motorhome)??
Good result for you in the end .
Hope you don't have such a good result in the final :LOL:.I'm from Glasgow and still have a family of Celtic fans up there:D.
Like your Avatar by the way.(y).

Cheers Cris:cheers::cheers:.

OP
OP
monzer
May 17, 2016
Aberdeenshire
Funster No
MH
B524
Exp
2nd base
@Pugsy

Yes I must say I wasn't confident and it was a scrappy game but we managed to get a moment of sheer class to nick the win late on. I'm sure the final will be a different kettle of fish!

I took the boring option and took the car down. I parked in Asda Toryglen (I had phoned them up to see if they allow over-nighting in campervans but they don't.) If I had chose to park the van up on some of the places mentioned earlier I reckon I would have had to leave early to nab a taxi or bus as it was absolutely rammed after the final whistle. Took me a good 40 minutes just to get out Asda on to the main road. A couple crashes on route and major roadworks north of Dundee made it a 5 hour trip back to Aberdeenshire :(

Cheers about the avatar, It's a bit blurred as my phones lens was cracked but it's taken at La Manga.

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
Think you made the right decision in the end, game was a bit scrappy but you got the result you wanted. I think you'll need to up your game for the final though.

Pugsy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 3, 2018
D&G
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
Since 2012
@Pugsy

Yes I must say I wasn't confident and it was a scrappy game but we managed to get a moment of sheer class to nick the win late on. I'm sure the final will be a different kettle of fish!

I took the boring option and took the car down. I parked in Asda Toryglen (I had phoned them up to see if they allow over-nighting in campervans but they don't.) If I had chose to park the van up on some of the places mentioned earlier I reckon I would have had to leave early to nab a taxi or bus as it was absolutely rammed after the final whistle. Took me a good 40 minutes just to get out Asda on to the main road. A couple crashes on route and major roadworks north of Dundee made it a 5 hour trip back to Aberdeenshire :(

Cheers about the avatar, It's a bit blurred as my phones lens was cracked but it's taken at La Manga.

Glad it all went well in the end. Hopefully less hassle for you if you go to the Final,i won't make it as i head out to Spain next week for 5 month:clap2: but will find somewhere to watch it. Ye Your Avatar was taken at cabo de Palos!!:whistle:.

I mentioned i liked because its almost the same pic as mine.(y).

Cheers Cris.:cheers:.

OP
OP
monzer
May 17, 2016
Aberdeenshire
Funster No
MH
B524
Exp
2nd base
Glad it all went well in the end. Hopefully less hassle for you if you go to the Final,i won't make it as i head out to Spain next week for 5 month:clap2: but will find somewhere to watch it. Ye Your Avatar was taken at cabo de Palos!!:whistle:.

I mentioned i liked because its almost the same pic as mine.(y).

Cheers Cris.:cheers:.

Oh dear. Maybe it is my eyes that are blurred and not the camera lens :giggle:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back