Glamping pod in a stunning location (1 Viewer)

Mr porky

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 14, 2018
Middlewich, UK
Funster No
MH
Morelo home
Exp
Lots now
My sister in law is 40 this year and it was all arranged with 2 cottage lets to have 10 of us over her birthday weekend.
unfortunately they have cancelled as the letting company has changed. Both cottages are now with another company at double the price this is very annoying as she has had them booked since last summer.
I have suggested we choose a campsite that has facilities that would allow the non caravan/motorhome owning members of the family book glamping pods or something similar.
any ideas are appreciated.
location was booked in Cumbria but anywhere we can walk or enjoy days on the coast are preferred.

Riverbankannie

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 11, 2016
Bristol
Funster No
MH
IH 630 RL PVC
Exp
The CCC have a nice site on the Roseland Penninnsular in Cornwall. MH’s and glamping pods at Veryan near the Eden project.

Jan 2, 2015
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Burstner Solano t725
Exp
since 2014
The Camping & Caravan Club site at Ravenglass, Cumbria is very nice. It lists 3 camping pods in its facilities. Lovely walking country very handy. The miniature railway, 'Laal Ratty' starts about 100 yards from the site and takes you up to Boot, at the base of Scafell Pike.

20210110_141045.jpg
Screenshot_20210110-140603_Chrome.jpg
20210110_141005.jpg
20210110_140927.jpg

MisterB

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 25, 2018
Essex
Funster No
MH
Adria 670 SLT
Exp
enough to know i shouldnt touch things i know nothing about ....
a bit off the wall - but Wortley Hall in Sheffield has a CL site and lots of hotel accommodation - we had a big family christmas 'do' there a couple of years ago and arranged it around a medieval feast they had planned - brilliant weekend - we had private use of a large room for our private party, with the bar (at very reasonable prices) about 20 yards away !!

its not the Ritz, but its a fairly priced venue that offers lots of opportunities for family fun and games

An alternative would be the Riverside campsite at Stratford upon Avan, has glamping pods and static caravans to rent as well as lots of pitches for caravans, motorhomes - again, another location we have used for family gatherings - we werent as 'together' as we were at Wortley Hall, but it was great location, especially as the Stratford River Festival was on at the same weekend (which is why we booked it!)

The common thread is - look for somewhere that has something else going on at the same time - it gives you additional options at not a lot of extra cost !

MisterB

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 25, 2018
Essex
Funster No
MH
Adria 670 SLT
Exp
enough to know i shouldnt touch things i know nothing about ....
for a whole lot of fun, we bought a 20 person tent - has 10 separate bedrooms, each sleeps 2 people - you dont have to put all the bedrooms up, so you can use it to sleep 12 (6 bedrooms) and leave four bedrooms out, gives a great party area !!

everyone put money towards it and we put it up in the garden at home - its been used 3 or 4 times since for hen parties, friends fun weekends etc - if you can find one for sale, its well worth buying if you can get one at the right price of course - our only problem is storing the bloody thing as it comes in 3 big holdalls !!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Mr porky

Mr porky

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 14, 2018
Middlewich, UK
Funster No
MH
Morelo home
Exp
Lots now
Thanks everyone for the replies I will forward the information on.
any more suggestions would be appreciated.

DumfriesDik

Free Member
Nov 22, 2020
SW Scotland
Funster No
MH
Pilote P740GJ
Exp
If you ventured just over the border - when allowed etc - you might like to try the Galloway Activity Centre. They have glamping, camping, sheds, yurts and a bunk house, I think. PLUS direct access to the water. You can hire watercraft there as well. It's kid friendly if you have any in your party.

Caggsie1

Free Member
Sep 2, 2013
North Wales
Funster No
MH
Hobby
Exp
Since 2008
Ccc, The oval, Keswick have those safari type tents. They look big from the outside. Has been a couple of years since there so assume tents are still there. Further up road to the ccc Keswick site. Go past the rugby club and the turn off for the Keswick site, past the static site and you are there. Has millions spent on it a couple years ago. New loo block etc. It’s really nice. Two ways of walking into town, over the fields, great if you’ve dogs, or along the road.

Tombola

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 21, 2020
Merseyside
Funster No
MH
Rapido
Exp
Since 2004
Lady heyes at Delamere forest is nice they have some quirky little shops and cafe/restaurant etc.
Take MHS tents and have various quality Glamping pods

Nov 9, 2019
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
I'm a newbie
Or there is this <Broken link removed> (y)

Silver-Fox

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 5, 2014
Cheltenham Spa
Funster No
MH
Rapido
Exp
im a not so newbie
Does anyone think travel and meeting up with different people will be allowed anytime this year?

Just a thought

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back