Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
You are treating Haggers disgracefully.

I fully support him in his new thinking re caravans.

To prove this I will no longer be buying the new £300 season ticket for the extended stand at the Etihad next season.

Instead I am buying a season ticket for Crystal Palace.

I will also be buying a baseball cap and track suit so I can adopt the style of Tony Pulis...

Come on you Eagles...

JJ :Cool:

£300 to watch paint dry. You must have money to burn :RollEyes:

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
Ladies and gentlemen, please consider the full picture. Poor Paul has suddenly realised the full implications of hosting Rob1ChelseaLost on his way to Ingleton Falls and is trying desperate measures to feign illness.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Peter JohnsCross MH

Funster
Deceased RIP
Jan 5, 2008
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
putting it up for sale in the next week or so, as i honestly cant see us using it again and its just £11k sat there going to waste. may use the cash to upgrade the motorhome to a better model or newer tag axle. now if i could get the caravan layout on a coachbuilt motorhome, i would buy one tomorrow without flinching. rear end shower room, fixed single beds, kitchen with huge fridge and a big comfy lounge at the front. just perfect and could easily live in it full time

Haganab is taking the urine I think with a Panda 4x4 and a 28 foor Hobby and you lot fell for it, BUT

The Big 1 if your serious I have a very nice Broken Link Removed Auto-Trail Cheyenne 740s SE
IcoRating0.gif

Auto-Trail Cheyenne 740s SE Length: 24'3" / 7.39mWidth: 7'7" / 2.31mHeight: 10’ / 3.04mMTPLM: 4005kgModel Year: 2010Four berthRear Fixed Single Beds/Washroom LayoutFiat Ducato x250 2287cc Turbo Diesel...

and I will take the caravan in part exchange........... jobs done, give Andy a ring:thumb:

Peter

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
sounds perfect Peter, but I wont spend my hard earned cash on an autotrail. looks very good though despite obviously being a 2008 first registered in 2010.

jonandshell

Free Member
Dec 12, 2010
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Not got one!
Exp
Since 2006
Proof that you don't need a big 4x4 to pull a big Hobby, or do you?!:Eeek:

[ame="http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=jsjw1yc6q4w"]Renault 5 Caravan Crash - YouTube[/ame]

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
That is because I don't give away over €400 every month for parking... :winky:

JJ :Cool:

No, No, Camping JJ, not parking :Doh:. Am surprised that your good self got the two mixed up :Cool:.

Sep 4, 2011
Funster No
MH
No more
Ladies and gentlemen, please consider the full picture. Poor Paul has suddenly realised the full implications of hosting Rob1ChelseaLost on his way to Ingleton Falls and is trying desperate measures to feign illness.
you all better believe hes buying a caravan as ive not towed this bloody thing up here for nothing, Janes following me our motorhome, Paul i went left at aberdeen and should be with you soon, haha

Aug 27, 2009
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
40 years
I think that Paul himself thinks this is a wind up but it is his subconscious telling him that the time has come for a change. Large motorhomes are for families, full timers or old timers. :Smile: Those in-between need something a bit different.:winky:

moonman

Free Member
Mar 3, 2014
wirral
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
since 2003
be happy with your choice: we've had both caravan and motorhome plus tent in our time. When I give motorhoming up it will be to use hotels no going back this time.
I took inspiration from a post recently were a chap of 78 (i think) was giving up his MH so maybe theres a bit of time left for us! :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
Not sure if your serious or not but caravans make sense to us.

The more we look at them the more convinced we get that it could be the future for us.
Had a good look around them at the NEC this year and there are some fantastic layouts and a fraction of the price of a motorhome especially as we already have a tow vehicle.
My aunt and uncle have been full timers for over 20 years travelling all over Europe and had a m/home for less than 12 months then went back to a caravan. Als[HI]o I was reading http://www.magbaztravels.com/ today and they've gone back to a caravan as well and they're serious travellers.[/HI]

Been following MagBaz for some years, what they don't know about long term traveling isn't worth knowing.. 27 years of traveling, full time since 1995 that's a lot of knowledge and experience .. much respect.

They make a balanced argument for having a caravan ..

Motorhome vs Caravan (with Bicycles)
Subtitle: Isn't Motorhoming much Easier?

Or: 48 Reasons for Travelling with a Caravan!

Barry and Margaret Williamson
December 2012

ukbill

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 3, 2011
Pinoso
Funster No
MH
4 berth low profile
Exp
starting on saturday 10/3/2012
I think that Paul himself thinks this is a wind up [HI]but it is his subconscious telling him that the time has come for a change[/HI]. Large motorhomes are for families, full timers or old timers. :Smile: Those in-between need something a bit different.:winky:

he would be better off with a sex change and it prolly would be cheaper

ludo

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 12, 2011
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since 1990
Forget the "Hobby" Paul, this is what you need. Forget Fiat head gasket problems, leaks, damp checks, etc.

You could do a bit of tarmac work too! :thumb:

300px-Tractionengine.jpg

OR:

You could get one of these and start selling a few pegs. :thumb:

Just think of the savings, no diesel, no site fees and what could you get for a bag of horse s[STRIKE]h1t[/STRIKE], manure! :Eeek:

5732418_orig.jpg

sdc77

Free Member
Jan 28, 2013
Weardale, Co Durham
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
since 2011
Although their experience is in no doubt.. I found the article to be from a caravan angle..
How about comparing the van/caravan combo to a motorhome/towed car.. for example... Or some of the more compact motorhomes..

themogs

Free Member
Oct 23, 2012
Wales
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Not Long Enough.
::bigsmile: Hi Haggers :thumb:
Being a pair of totally selfish barstewards, could you please arrange to leave after the "bring and buy" in Cheshire ???:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Although their experience is in no doubt.. I found the article to be from a caravan angle..
How about comparing the van/caravan combo to a motorhome/towed car.. for example... Or some of the more compact motorhomes..

Yes , I thought that as well , although bowing to their experience you could easily argue with a lot of the 48 points, and looking at it from a motorhome point of view you could probably make as many points the other way , but, ay ones one thing , ones the other, you have what you like and that's enough for me.
One point though we never stop anywhere more than a couple of days so most of the caravan things are out of the window straight away for us:thumb:

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Another thing that puts it out for us is aires, aren't they only mhs, not caravans if so that's the clincher

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang

Yes , I thought that as well , although bowing to their experience you could easily argue with a lot of the 48 points, and looking at it from a motorhome point of view you could probably make as many points the other way , but, ay ones one thing , ones the other, you have what you like and that's enough for me.
One point though we never stop anywhere more than a couple of days so most of the caravan things are out of the window straight away for us:thumb:

Another thing that puts it out for us is aires, aren't they only mhs, not caravans if so that's the clincher

I think they acknowledge that in the pre amble .

After this varied experience, friends sometimes draw us into the tedious, fruitless and often-biased discussion of motorhome versus caravan: which is better? This debate is pointless unless it begins with defining the purpose of the vehicles. What kind of travelling, if any? UK or mainland Europe? Long-term or short-term? What budget for purchase? What budget for travel? What kind of load, by weight or by volume? How many people travelling? Free camping or campsites? What time of year? Local exploration in depth or continual movement? Physically fit or physically disabled? Old or young? With children? Dogs?

[HI]With these questions answered, a sense of purpose emerges. Then it's possible to decide on the kind of equipment that is fit for the purpose.[/HI]

Last edited:

Forestboy

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 31, 2007
Forest of Dean
Funster No
MH
A Class Hymer B694 tag
Exp

The very reason we have a motor home we never stop more then a few days but I can see that changing in the future then a caravan becomes a better option. But not yet still places to go ::bigsmile:

Aug 27, 2009
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
40 years
After this varied experience, friends sometimes draw us into the tedious, fruitless and often-biased discussion of motorhome versus caravan: which is better? This debate is pointless unless it begins with defining the purpose of the vehicles. What kind of travelling, if any? UK or mainland Europe? Long-term or short-term? What budget for purchase? What budget for travel? What kind of load, by weight or by volume? How many people travelling? Free camping or campsites? What time of year? Local exploration in depth or continual movement? Physically fit or physically disabled? Old or young? With children? Dogs?
After a lifetime of one or the other, I can declare that for a couple with grown up kids, a California with a small caravan for occasional use is the very best option. Gives total flexibility for every occasion.

Or even the new Transit pop top is looking promising. :winky:
http://wellhouseleisure.com/ford/

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years

Yes duly understood, not intending to start any argument, just stating from our view,

Deleted User
Horses for courses!! Situations change.

We have never been able to afford a motorhome.

In the 60's it was tents,70's & 80's tents and borrowing parents camper vans(Commer & Bedford CF's)

90's until we sold up in 2008 we toured with tent and a small caravan 2/3 nights, would probably have preferred motorhome but too costly.

Sold house bought static caravan in Brittany, fifth wheel, now have caravan as well for ease of touring.

Do whatever you do that suits you and what you can afford but I do not understand the antagonism between some motorhomers and 'tuggers' and vice verce .

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
Do whatever you do that suits you and what you can afford but I do not understand the antagonism between some motorhomers and 'tuggers' and vice verce .

exactly.. don't understand it either.. been both, caravanner or motorhomer for most of my adult life, used what ever suited best, or could afford.. . and never felt the desire to slag off anyone...

sad really.. :Sad:

you don't read this nonsense in US forums.. :RollEyes:

be they trailer tents, surf vans, camper vans, caravans, 5ers, A, B or C class motorhomes.. by definition they are all Recreational Vehicles.. RVs .. end of story.

Forestboy

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 31, 2007
Forest of Dean
Funster No
MH
A Class Hymer B694 tag
Exp
exactly.. don't understand it either.. been both, caravanner or motorhomer for most of my adult life, used what ever suited best, or could afford.. . and never felt the desire to slag off anyone...

sad really.. :Sad:

you don't read this nonsense in US forums.. :RollEyes:

be they trailer tents, surf vans, camper vans, caravans, 5ers, A, B or C class motorhomes.. by definition they are all Recreational Vehicles.. RVs .. end of story.

We travelled the USA for 3 1/2 years and never once met with any animosity towards others because of what they camped in. We spent many a night in travel trailers fifth wheelers and pop ups and made good friends who we are still in touch with. Still chuck my tent on the motorbike and go off for a few days proper camping I love it :thumb:

Aug 27, 2009
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
40 years
Horses for courses!! Situations change.
We have never been able to afford a motorhome.
In the 60's it was tents,70's & 80's tents and borrowing parents camper vans(Commer & Bedford CF's)
90's until we sold up in 2008 we toured with tent and a small caravan 2/3 nights, would probably have preferred motorhome but too costly.
Sold house bought static caravan in Brittany, fifth wheel, now have caravan as well for ease of touring.
Do whatever you do that suits you and what you can afford but [HI]I do not understand the antagonism between some motorhomers and 'tuggers' and vice verce [/HI].
I guess the truth is that the knockers are those who have used nothing else but a motorhome. Anyone who has camped caravanned and motorhomed could never sit behind the blinds of their motorhome and criticise any other form of camping just because they appear to be enjoying themselves more than those in motorhomes.:Smile:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back