Giving away your Brittany Ferry Code (1 Viewer)

Emmit

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Pilote Explorateur
Exp
Jan.2014
Hi All,

This morning I was approached on here for my Brittany Ferry Code.
The person who sent me a message had only joined Fun this morning and had not posted on any of the threads.

I politely turned down the request, difficult to do as I'm a Tyke but, without being able to 'see' that person as a member who had not contributed.

It occurred to me that it just could be a 'fishing expedition' made by someone who could accuse me of abusing the system of 'Friends and Family', but, there again, I could be just a cynical old fool.
Posted for your information

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
I was contacted yesterday by a chap wanting info on the man I used to do the uprating paperwork for our van. He was a 'read only' member however as the details were already posted in one of the threads where he could have found it (he'd read other threads about it) I obliged but made the 'condition' that if he did use the chap he had to register which he said he would.

If it hadn't already been publicly viewable I wouldn't have done it though as although I'm happy to help funsters / other forum 'friends' I don't put in all the effort for others just to abuse.

Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
tough call, but I am with you on the cynical side, but there is nothing in it for you and all to lose

its not as though it is someone you had met and chatted with over a glass or two

and how did they even know you had a code?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
This has just brought up something that I was wondering about ... @Jim I always thought that PMs were only available to fully paid up members, not read only ones, but I assume from the above that this isn't the case?

OP
OP
Emmit

Emmit

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Pilote Explorateur
Exp
Jan.2014
SHE said that she had used Google!!!
I looked under the phrase she apparently used and nothing came up. However, when I added my 'handle' on here, all my previous comments on the subject came up as the first entry.
Look, I'm not having a go at the lady. She politely asked me and I politely declined. However, I'm just pointing out that although we are all mates on here, we know some people and we wouldn't know others from Adam.
In other words, "Caveat venditor"

OP
OP
Emmit

Emmit

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Pilote Explorateur
Exp
Jan.2014
The lady didn't send me a 'Conversation' She sent a message to my profile (didn't know it could be done???)

Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
This has just brought up something that I was wondering about ... @Jim I always thought that PMs were only available to fully paid up members, not read only ones, but I assume from the above that this isn't the case?

interestingly in trying to see how they might know about the code I clicked on the OP's avatar, the 'message' has been posted on their profile page not sent as a PM

edit - just seen this has already been added, I got distracted mid post

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
I was thinking of joining the Brittany ferry thing until my last crossing of the Bay Of Biscay:sicker:

OP
OP
Emmit

Emmit

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Pilote Explorateur
Exp
Jan.2014
Thats why we go to France. It misses the Bay.

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
The lady didn't send me a 'Conversation' She sent a message to my profile (didn't know it could be done???)
Yes you can't pm( conversation) but click on avatar/name & then click on 'profilepage' & you can add messages there ,but they are on view to the whole world as @yodeli is always at pains to point out.

Sep 2, 2014
Gloucester
Funster No
MH
Self-converted Van
Exp
Since 2014
Just "google" motorhomefun with anyones forum name and all is revealed !!!!:D:D:D

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back