Given an altimatum last night, St Lucia or Benidorm. (1 Viewer)

Aug 27, 2009
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
40 years
Not really a fan of St Lucia so got away with booking Benidorm. Fly drive, car booked from Alicanti and Hotel booked. My partner must have enjoyed it last year or I would never have gotten away with it again....So we are off to Beni in September for the second time this year...(y):cool:

StanandShirley

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 29, 2014
Chatteris Cambridgeshire
Funster No
MH
Chausson Titanium 640
Exp
four years
Having been to both Benidorm would come way down the list for me but that’s what’s great we do have a choice and what suits one doesn’t suit another have a smashing time

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

TCG

Jul 6, 2017
Salford Priors
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Delaware
Exp
(y)
I love St Lucia, I would definitely have gone with that option.
Yes, lovely island.... umm let me think, Benidorm full of over weight brits showing the crack of their arse ( I’ve watched the programe) or St Lucia no contest (y)
Having said that we owned a villa in Alicante and went to Benidorm once.... once was enough but that was a few years ago

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
Benidorm is full of oldies riding mobility scoots.. too fat and lazy to walk or cycle.. or just plain drunk 24/7

I'll pass on that and vote for St Lucia .. no contest (y)

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
Stopped off in St Lucia on a cruise ship once. Was amazed at a guy standing in the street selling live chickens.
I’d love to go back there for a holiday.

Can do the shorter European trips to Benidorm as you get older and not so fit to sit on longer plane rides.

stewartwebr

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 6, 2010
Edinburgh
Funster No
MH
Morelo Empire Liner
Exp
36 years and 16 motorhomes
When we were wintering in Benidorm last year a number of the stereo typical were wearing T Shirts with the slogan, "You can take Gibraltar, but we will never surrender Beni" says it all and I actually like it for what it is when you get passed the stag parties and drunks, its actually a great place to spend the winter.

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
I know what Benidorm is like .Never been there but Ive seen the program.
Phil
likewise..

some places you don't need to visit to know you won't like them, it's Blackpool with sunshine and cheap beer

and defo a Marmite place.. each to their own..

Apr 12, 2010
Bury St Edmunds, West Suffolk
Funster No
MH
Weinsberg Cara
Exp
since 2007
likewise..

some places you don't need to visit to know you won't like them, it's Blackpool with sunshine and cheap beer

Some places in Espana have made an effort to improve their image. Fuengirola for example. Benidorm,Torremolinos, Loret de mar have not. There are many fantastic Spanish towns and cities to visit but most Brits seem to like Blackpool with sun.
Phil

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
most Brits seem to like Blackpool with sun.

not us..

we love Spain, and the Spanish.. but steer well clear of the Brit hot spots and ex pat enclaves .. no thanks

I have a friend who has a restaurant / bar in Fuengirola.. keeps asking us to visit but not been yet

OP
OP
buttons
Aug 27, 2009
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
40 years
not us..

we love Spain, and the Spanish.. but steer well clear of the Brit hot spots and ex pat enclaves .. no thanks

I have a friend who has a restaurant / bar in Fuengirola.. keeps asking us to visit but not been yet
I know Fuengirola Jim, worth a visit. Not far from Marbella nice beach.(y)

OP
OP
buttons
Aug 27, 2009
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
40 years
Not really, maybe like Blackpool was 100 years ago, thriving, decent holidays for the masses.

There is a reason for Benidorm, the amazing micro climate, like Blackpool's climate but the exact opposite.
Benidorm and Blackpool have one huge similarity. They are both full of Yorke's and Lancastrians.....e by gum.....;)

Mousy

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 13, 2013
Sa15 2DG
Funster No
MH
Hymer S840 Merc auto
Exp
Since 2013
I cannot understand people who knock a place they've never been too.

Any place/holiday is what you make of it.

Beni old town, small spainish beach and the surrounding hills are all lovely.

I've had 2 holidays with girlfriends and really enjoyed it. It's a very easy place to be and everyone is always friendly and cheerful..

D099D607-5E5C-4A59-BDF8-0E5F9EDAD3F4.jpeg

2F40C992-B17E-4470-9B81-595436E00C0A.jpeg

We went cycling in the surrounding area and it was beautiful.

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
Not really, maybe like Blackpool was 100 years ago, thriving, decent holidays for the masses.

There is a reason for Benidorm, the amazing micro climate, like Blackpool's climate but the exact opposite.

I'm sure it's all you say.. and it's clearly a popular winter destination, but not for us.

and what we like wouldn't suit those who go to Beni..

we enjoy quieter places, not desolate, but towns and villages, without the razzmatazz of a big resort, be that in Spain or any other country .

I cannot understand people who knock a place they've never been too.

I've driven though it.. that was enough .. and I haven't knocked it.. it's just not to our taste.. as said a hundred times.. each to their own..

why do people get so protective about Beni.. ?

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
Some places in Espana have made an effort to improve their image. Fuengirola for example. Benidorm,Torremolinos, Loret de mar have not. There are many fantastic Spanish towns and cities to visit but most Brits seem to like Blackpool with sun.
Phil

Ah, but Benidorm is now fighting back. They are caging those wild funsters in now. Wherever they are now found enjoying themselves the local council bring mobile barriers to keep the general public safe from funsters.
Tapas 001.JPG

cliffanger

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 15, 2013
Saltford
Funster No
MH
Hymer A class
Exp
Since 2013
We also love Beni for all the reasons @Mousy and others have said.

Been to St Lucia - just the same as all the other islands - full of tourists, expensive and not overly friendly. We lived on Tortola BVI for two years - when they found we were living and working there and not tourists we experienced racism on a major scale.

Each to their own - oh and we also watch telly in the van .... ;):D

cliffanger

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 15, 2013
Saltford
Funster No
MH
Hymer A class
Exp
Since 2013
We also love Beni for all the reasons @Mousy and others have said.

Been to St Lucia - just the same as all the other islands - full of tourists, expensive and not overly friendly. We lived on Tortola BVI for two years - when they found we were living there and not tourists we experienced racism on a major scale.

Each to their own - oh and we also watch telly in the van .... ;):D

cliffanger

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 15, 2013
Saltford
Funster No
MH
Hymer A class
Exp
Since 2013
And I think the internet coverage is better in Beni - it’s crap on the A37 just outside High Littleton - hence the double post ...... still if it’s worth saying ...., :rofl::rofl:

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
since 2007.Tugger before since 1970
likewise..

Nothing at all like Blackpool,,,BUSBY.

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
I must admit the hen and stag crowds do get a bit OTT, and there was a funster who got very confused about a HEN party in Benidorm :D.
Shifty 001.JPG

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
since 2007.Tugger before since 1970
ok.. it's not like Blackpool.. whatever..

but does it matter.. we don't like it ..

is that a crime..
Only if you think it is,,BUSBY,,

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back