Give my new Chausson a name (1 Viewer)

Sep 18, 2016
Bonnyrigg
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs 7057DBL
Exp
Not sure if i even want to give it a name but I see a lot of people do.
Cant really think of one suitable so I'm open to suggesting if someone can come up with a good one I might happily use it.(y)

Kingham

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 20, 2016
Kirkcudbright, D&G
Funster No
MH
AS Kingham 2017
Exp
Since 2009
I named mine after my first two vans and it will always be referred to as "van", or "the van", or if things start to go wrong "that bloody van" !

I sometimes wish I'd kept my dog's name a whole letter shorter and called him "Dog" instead of "Zack" :D

Upvote 0

CWH

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 29, 2014
UK
Funster No
MH
WildAx PVC
Exp
From November 2013
Gosh Chris @Chris Laing you can't name it until you know something about its character - I mean, you're referring to it as "it" - so do you even know yet whether it's male or female??? You know what happened to a boy named Sue... :)

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Chris Laing
Sep 18, 2016
Bonnyrigg
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs 7057DBL
Exp
Maybe I should just call it 'it':D

Gosh Chris @Chris Laing you can't name it until you know something about its character - I mean, you're referring to it as "it" - so do you even know yet whether it's male or female??? You know what happened to a boy named Sue... :)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

Kingham

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 20, 2016
Kirkcudbright, D&G
Funster No
MH
AS Kingham 2017
Exp
Since 2009
.... so do you even know yet whether it's male or female??? You know what happened to a boy named Sue... :)

Does it matter ?.....it's the 21st Century and don't get me started on defending Transit vans (we don't call them trannies anymore) ;)

Upvote 0

jonandshell

Free Member
Dec 12, 2010
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Not got one!
Exp
Since 2006
I call our Chausson "Pile of Crap", our Elddis was called "Piece of S**t"" and our VW was called "Rusty pile of Junk".
Welcome to your new motorhome, just make sure you carry a small toolkit, duct tape and cable ties!:)

In all seriousness, our Chausson is holding up well to lots of use. We would have another.

Upvote 0

Gellyneck

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 5, 2014
Scotland
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
More than toes wet now!
Maybe I should just call it 'it':D
Good shout! When bits start falling off, leaking, breaking down and everything else that can go wrong does it's easy to be shouting at "it" by it's non-abbreviated proper Sunday name, SH**!

However, if you want to have a link to the model name perhaps a few suggestions would be -
Flash - the dirty old man!:eek:
Welcome - the door mat!:(
Allegro - the square wheel!:LOL:
Suite - trio (as in three piece)!:giggle:

Well that's my pearls of wisdom.(y)

Bon chance (or no blo*** chance)

Upvote 0

Paddyfrog

Free Member
Mar 25, 2017
France
Funster No
MH
just looking
Exp
We live in France but our UK friends immediately christened it our Passion Wagon. That shocked our (young adult) kids a bit, shook 'em up, and so Passion Wagon she is. She? La voiture? or is it le camping car? So he? Or perhaps my French stinks!
Pretty French to me is Mathilde. Isolde. Nathalie. Christophe. Jacques. Jean-François.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Chris Laing
Sep 18, 2016
Bonnyrigg
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs 7057DBL
Exp
Not sure if 'it' is a he or a she yet, but I may name it after the famous intrepid diver Jacque cousteau. So Jacque could be a contender.

We live in France but our UK friends immediately christened it our Passion Wagon. That shocked our (young adult) kids a bit, shook 'em up, and so Passion Wagon she is. She? La voiture? or is it le camping car? So he? Or perhaps my French stinks!
Pretty French to me is Mathilde. Isolde. Nathalie. Christophe. Jacques. Jean-François.

Upvote 0

Paddyfrog

Free Member
Mar 25, 2017
France
Funster No
MH
just looking
Exp
OK, but if you want it to be really French, you'll need to call it Jacques, note 's' at the end, now that is French! Or you know how they love to be polite, perhaps M. Cousteau as in monsieur Cousteau. Imagine going for a spin in Mons. Cousteau. Sounds very upbeat.

Upvote 0
Feb 14, 2009
Chandlers Ford, Hampshire
Funster No
MH
Burstner TD700 H L
Exp
Since 2008
Here is one I saw earlier (last summer)...real Chausson ..real name...zoom in.
(y)
mhfny.jpg

Upvote 0

Kingham

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 20, 2016
Kirkcudbright, D&G
Funster No
MH
AS Kingham 2017
Exp
Since 2009
OK, but if you want it to be really French, you'll need to call it Jacques, note 's' at the end, now that is French! Or you know how they love to be polite, perhaps M. Cousteau as in monsieur Cousteau. Imagine going for a spin in Mons. Cousteau. Sounds very upbeat.

@Chris Laing Paddyfrog has it (y) "Monsieur Cousteau" is perfect for a French van and Jacques Yves was a very inspirational man for me growing up. He is probably the biggest reason that I got in to sport diving as a teenager, which in turn got me in to boats, kayaks & surfing, then on to the RNLI Lifeboats.

Upvote 0
Jul 30, 2016
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
I'm a newbie
Hi, We called our Chausson "Charlotte", a name which has it's origins in France but which which was taken up on this side of the channel. It just seemed right!

Upvote 0

Saltings

Free Member
Sep 12, 2016
Buckinghamshire, U.K.
Funster No
MH
Chasson C626 Flash
Exp
since 2115
Hi Spidey

My first 8' rowing dinghy was named by a French pen friend "FiFi". So perhaps that would be good. You can always call your next one "FiFi II":h:

Upvote 0
May 7, 2017
Suffolk
Funster No
MH
2017 Chausson 718XLB 180
Exp
20 years
when our Chausson can be got from the dealer we might call it "Hope", Like hope it's not going to fall to bits like the last caravan and Motorhomes, I do wonder what might go wrong when using the vehicles for the first few times , the last caravan we use to think before we stared on a trip "I wonder what will go wrong this time". If Dealer says to me when we do pick it up " any problems we will sort it out on the first service " he might well get a rocket as they seem to expect a list of faults.

Tony A

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Chris Laing
Sep 18, 2016
Bonnyrigg
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs 7057DBL
Exp
Hi Tony

We've had ours for a month and can't find fault with it yet. Fingers crossed!

We have also decided to bin the idea of a French name and decided to call him Hugo(y) which I'm led to believe means
"Bright in mind and spirit".
Might as well give him a German name since he will spend most of time there:D

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back