"Gilets Jaunes" The French Yellow Vest Protests

Discussion in 'France' started by ACB, Dec 5, 2018.

1. yodeli

yodeli Funster Life Member

Ratings:
    +12,904
    You've been sleeping a lot this morning!!!:xlaugh::xlaugh::xlaugh:

How many threads on the matter have we been running since last update ?:whistle::whistle::whistle:

• Funny Funny x 3
  2. joka250

joka250 Funster

Ratings:
    +829
    Very good point, given number of Funsters travelling in France at present is it possible @Jim to combine the posts or for we members to agree to use only one thread.

3. olley

olley Funster

Ratings:
    +9,612
    funsters agree on something??:xrofl::xrofl::xrofl:

• Funny Funny x 5
  4. Lofty1

Lofty1 Funster

Ratings:
    +4,449
    Oooh yes we will

5. DBK

DBK Funster

Ratings:
    +28,491
    Oh no we won't?! :)

genie2.jpg

• Like it Like it x 2
    • Nice One! Nice One! x 1
  6. matamoros

matamoros Funster

Ratings:
    +9,546
    Nice if you have the choice!.......to work or not to work in many instances.

7. Tea Bag

Tea Bag Funster

Ratings:
    +5,696
    Hi @gus-lopez
    Anywhere you had.....WHAT ?.. :xrofl::xrofl::xrofl::xrofl::xrofl::xrofl::xrofl::xrofl::xrofl::xrofl::xrofl::xrofl::xrofl::xrofl::xrofl:
    Old Mo will be using that joke next year:xThumb::xThumb::xThumb::xwink::xwink::xwink:
    Tea Bagxroll:

• Funny Funny x 1
  8. Charente16

Charente16 Funster

Ratings:
    +14
    In Angouleme today we were held up at two Round-Abouts, at a third they were setting - up camp ready to cause chaos.

At the 'Girac' Round-About where the regional hospial is located they have blocked one lane of the R/A, impeding ambulances because of the tail - backs; admittedly they have people on 'traffic control' but if the ambulances cann't get passed the long queues it doesn't help much.

In my humble opinion, it is a pity Macron didn't bring in Martial Law, last week - ends scenes of violence reminded me of the 'Woolwich' riots; an excuse for vandalism, looting and general mayhem.

I had sympathy with their original aims and accepted the consequences of their protests, but I think they should now call a Truce, Macron has made the first move they in turn should do the same.

My view anyway.

• Informative Informative x 1
  9. sylvester1954

sylvester1954 Funster

Ratings:
    +2,291
    As Charente16 stated in the above post these protests are getting hijacked by "renta-thug" who are intent on taking a pot at the police as well as grabbing the opportunity to thieve....

10. maz

maz Funster

Ratings:
    +2,581
    We travelled today from La Flèche to an Aire just south of Angouleme. We saw two small groups of GJs at roundabouts early on our route but they weren’t stopping traffic. Later on there was a larger group of GJs who had taken over the toll booths south of Poitiers. They waved us through with a smile and so saved us paying the toll (around €19 I think). Tomorrow we hope to make it across the border into Spain .......

• Like it Like it x 2
    • Love it Love it x 1
  11. GWAYGWAY

GWAYGWAY Funster

Ratings:
    +4,338
    I believe the technique is the same as ours, NO INCREASE then do it a bit at a time anyway. Rothschild wants the money ,he gets it.

• Like it Like it x 1
  12. appydaze

appydaze Funster Life Member

Ratings:
    +1,591
    regarding the strikes etc... "let them eat cake", comes to mind....

13. chrisgreen

chrisgreen Funster

Ratings:
    +10,094
    It being reported in France that the riots in Paris last weekend have caused 4 million euro improvements.:xlaugh:

• Like it Like it x 1
  14. maz

maz Funster

Ratings:
    +2,581
    That’s it! We made it to Spain today from just south of Angouleme and are now parked up in a woodland Aire near Irun. No sign of GJs at all on the run south. Hope the weekend passes peacefully in France.

• Like it Like it x 1
  15. Johnen

Johnen Funster

Ratings:
    +20
    Encountered two blockades today, one at Marquise with very pleasant and cheery protesters, no hold up at all. Got held up for 30 minutes on the A16 at J44 protesters were again pleasant, not agressive at all. Now sitting at Cite Europe trying out all my new wines.

16. Snapper

Snapper Funster

Ratings:
    +18
    Just travelled though France in our mh. No problems. Group of good natured yellow gilets waved us through a toll booth saying FREE FREE saving me at least 25 euro. Will send cheque to French gov.

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Like it Like it x 1
  17. Ivory55

Ivory55 Funster

Ratings:
    +5,688
    I agree in one way, but nice guys come last. If it had all been peaceful nobody would of taken any notice of them. Not condoning violence but that’s the reality of it today.

• Like it Like it x 1
  18. Pete5996

Pete5996 Funster

Ratings:
    +875
    Just a tip if you normally use a telepeage tag. Whilst the GJ's are manning some of the peages, it's worth travelling without the tag at present (put it in the foil bag to stop it from registering).

I travelled part of the way down the A20 today and was diverted off at J59, Caussade, north of Montauban. The GJ's were there and waved to me to give them my ticket which of course I didn't have:rolleyes: The tag beeped as I went through the gate so it has been registered:(

Back on to the A20 for the Montauban bypass, so when I reached the next peage I stowed the tag and picked up a ticket instead. Got down to Toulouse Nord and the peage was working normally so I coughed up the €5.50.

Exiting Toulouse on the A61, I picked up a ticket at the peage thinking I'd give it another go:) A little further along I was reassured to see an overhead sign warning of 'pietons' on the A66, which was my route down to the Pyrenees. Sure enough, when I reached the peage at Pamiers, the GJ's were there - one even ran round to the offside to save me getting out of my seat and collected my ticket...."Je vous en prie, merci et bon chance", I said, and continued on my way rejoicing.....:xThumb:

On the aire at L'Hospitalet Pres L'Andorre with just one MH other tonight, with a run through Andorra tomorrow, picking up some fuel on the way....

19. rangitira

rangitira Funster

Ratings:
    +22,217
    I think, and I could have misheard it, that the Fuel increases have only been postponed, not cancelled. Postponed for 6 months?

Anyway the GJs have said they are not finished yet, I think by the sound of it they are after Macron. Love the way Frankie @yodeli calls him "the toddler"

20. Pete5996

Pete5996 Funster

Ratings:
    +875
    It was initially announced that they were postponed for six months, then later they said they had been cancelled. However, as we all know, you know a politician's lying when his/her lips start moving.....:whistle:

• Like it Like it x 4