Free Member
Mar 10, 2010
Isle of Man
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2006
Following on from the lovely thread created by Liverpoollass, and with Mothering Sunday only a couple of days away, I was thinking of all the things my mother left as a legacy for me.

She left me her singing voice, her ability to dance, her sense of humour and her ability to say the wrong thing at the wrong time.

What things have you inherited from your mum?

Nov 3, 2013
Portugal
Funster No
MH
Fiat Ducato Auto Wildax
Exp
C/van since '73 .M/h.2009
Hi.
The ability to dodge a clout,when being accused of..."Dumb Insolence",She lived to 102,so i am well practised........ "OUCH!!" :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: God rest her soul,you only get one Mum(y)
Tea Bag

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jan 22, 2017
North wales
Funster No
MH
Ace Napoli (Swift)
Exp
Since February 2019
And my mum is still trying to pass on her tap dancing skills. .she demonstrates every step! !..and I do mean EVERY step..however I can now tap dance brilliantly!!..I mean it..I have the theory down to a tee..just can't do it in practice..my bobs get in the flipping way :swear:

ymfb

Free Member
Jun 16, 2017
Salisbury
Funster No
MH
AS Kingham
Exp
Since 2009
My mother showed me the finer things in life that I probably won’t be able to do again.

Jan 26, 2013
france
Funster No
MH
a class
Exp
four years
Mine is 97 and still getting reasonably well. the pins are a bit slow but the brain and sound reproduction gear are in fine working order! What she has given me is the ability to get on with life, to say what I think and feel, to respect others where respect is due (ie: earnt NOT given), not to be afraid to help out and to take care of my finances. However, what we both have a problem with is patience........and what is her given Christian name?.....You've guessed it!!!!!

Jan 22, 2017
North wales
Funster No
MH
Ace Napoli (Swift)
Exp
Since February 2019
Hahaha...my dad has very little patience nowadays...and he is almost blind and has selective hearing he seems to hear what you would prefer him not to hear..and often mishears and gets annoyed especially at 82 year old mum..she then gets equally annoyed that he would think that she would say such a thing after 62 years of marriage and threatens to leave him.. If I laugh or smirk she says that I am taking his side..another thing dad does is well is misusing words....worst example was when a quiz show was on (as was his hearing aid) the question went something like this.'which German car maker beginning with the letter V has a reputation for safety...answer from dad was ....Vulva...and when we collapsed with laughter he kept saying it again and again insisting that if we waited he would be proved right...gotta love email.

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
Hahaha...my dad has very little patience nowadays...and he is almost blind and has selective hearing he seems to hear what you would prefer him not to hear..and often mishears and gets annoyed especially at 82 year old mum..she then gets equally annoyed that he would think that she would say such a thing after 62 years of marriage and threatens to leave him.. If I laugh or smirk she says that I am taking his side..another thing dad does is well is misusing words....worst example was when a quiz show was on (as was his hearing aid) the question went something like this.'which German car maker beginning with the letter V has a reputation for safety...answer from dad was ....Vulva...and when we collapsed with laughter he kept saying it again and again insisting that if we waited he would be proved right...gotta love email.
And they were Swedish

Jan 10, 2013
Near Uttoxeter and Crete
Funster No
MH
Warwick XL PVC
Exp
Still trucking and learning
A very strong work ethic. My mum worked in the cotton mills all her working life on either 6 - 2 or 2 - 10 shifts. She sometimes would have to walk 4 miles to work and back because she couldn't afford the bus fare. All my friends loved her and would often visit her even when I wasn't there. One of the first words out of her mouth to visitors would be " Eeeh, you look clemmed. Will you have a butty and a piece of cake (always home made). I honestly don't know how she did it and remained loving and cheerful, but she did. She was totally brilliant.

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
Her clumsyness, opening mouth without thinking and saying exactly what I think.
Thank goodness I didn't inherit her cooking skills, they were not good.:)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back