Giffgaff in France? (1 Viewer)

C

Chockswahay

Deleted User
On our way to France next week. We have been using Giffgaff in UK for 18 months now and very happy with them.

Anyone had any issues re either 4g or the 60 day roaming limit?

I have used the phone every week abroad for a day or two at a time when working but this time we will be in France for 2 or 3 months.

SuperMike

Free Member
Apr 28, 2010
St Albans
Funster No
MH
Winnebago Sightseer
Exp
11yrs, but many years a tugger.
I do not know what your data limit is, but I think, when abroad, your speed grinds to a miserly rate once you reach about 9gb in 90 days. I think. :gum:

Nov 4, 2011
Uk
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
We’ve had our goody bag stopped after 2 months and then you have to pay roaming rates.
We always got a reasonable signal 3 or 4G

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
C

Chockswahay

Deleted User
I’d wondered about this. I am going try using my SIM card for the first 60 days then my wife’s SIM card for the next 60 days (or less) by which time we will be back in the UK and can reset the clock and start again!

Well it’s worth a try anyway :D2

OP
OP
C

Chockswahay

Deleted User
Oops, forget to say that I had just been looking at Giffgaff terms and they refer to 60 days abroad in a 4 month period (y)

OP
OP
C

Chockswahay

Deleted User
I do not know what your data limit is, but I think, when abroad, your speed grinds to a miserly rate once you reach about 9gb in 90 days. I think. :gum:
From their website......

Always On’ data provides the peace of mind that you will always have access to data. 20GB of data can be used at up to full speed each month. After 20GB of data has been used, download speeds will be capped at 384kbps between 8am and midnight, for the remainder of the goodybag.

Nov 4, 2011
Uk
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Yes that would be the best way, don’t use your wife’s sim until they turn your goody bag off.(y)

OP
OP
C

Chockswahay

Deleted User
We have been in France for a week now and Giffgaff is performing very well indeed! 4g all the way (y)

DA7A212D-8E2F-4521-AFCF-49FDB45D104E.png

Mar 27, 2016
Melton Mowbray, UK
Funster No
MH
Hymer 408
Exp
Since 2016
I wish the BT fibre broadband at my MIL house in mid Wales was that reliable. We are pulling our hair out trying to sort it out.

MikeD

Free Member
Dec 21, 2011
London
Funster No
MH
IH PVC
Exp
Since 2012
Can't talk about France but we use Giffgaff in Spain every year for two times three month tours.

Works just as well as UK and you will receive a text telling you when you have had the two months overseas roaming and advising the rate they are going to charge you after 60 days.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back