GiffGaff data only sim. (1 Viewer)

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
After Vodafone changed their pricing structure my none expiring sim has now become a 30 day expiring sim so time to kick them into touch.......their coverage is abysmal as well.

Looking around a found the giffgaff offer for data bundles only...same sim, different options.

After a few problems getting my MiFi unit set up it works a treat.
I found out it uses the o2 network but GiffGaff APN details which was the problem

As a trial i bought a 500mb gigabag for just £5...any useage over 500mb within the 30 day period is charged at 2p per mb.
Yesterday i used 12mb browsing and posting on FUN so it will easily last me a month.
I only use the MiFi if i cant find a free hotspot, a BT hotspot (we have BT broadband) or i want to use online banking etc as the MiFi is secure and encrypted so even £5 a month is excessive for me.

Jan 3, 2008
Pakefield, Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK
Funster No
MH
Looking
Exp
Giffgaff is great if you don't want to use data in the EU. I just dumped Giffgaff and went back to o2 because you can have monthly contract and roam up to 100 MB a day or £1.99 only on the days you use it, tethering is permitted.

I use Three with a dingle for the laptop@ £15 per for 10GB a month in France as well, (Germany and Belgium are not included in the Three roaming deal yet) Tethering not permitted.

Jul 5, 2013
Tunbridge Wells, Tunbridge Wells, UK
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2013
Wife uses Giffgaff for her ipad. £5 per month for 500Mb and she never gets anywhere near using all of it.

I use it for my phone to. I am a very light user when I am at home so do not usually bother with a goodybag. If I am having a busy month out and about then I will buy a £10 goodybag that will cover everything I need.

I use my EuropaSim when abroad (hope it still works!!) in my old HTC phone and turn it into a wifi hotspot.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
pappajohn

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
Wife uses Giffgaff for her ipad. £5 per month for 500Mb and she never gets anywhere near using all of it.

I use it for my phone to. I am a very light user when I am at home so do not usually bother with a goodybag. If I am having a busy month out and about then I will buy a £10 goodybag that will cover everything I need.

I use my EuropaSim when abroad (hope it still works!!) in my old HTC phone and turn it into a wifi hotspot.

Thats why i had a none expiring voda sim.....my useage is extremely low, mainly because of their poor coverage in out the way places.

It came with £15 credit and In 5 years i topped up just once with £15.
It still has £14.41 credit but now i have to buy a bundle with that credit which will expire in 30 days.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back