Getting your SHIT together! (1 Viewer)

Feb 2, 2015
Shropshire, UK
Funster No
MH
A motorhome!
Exp
we are still learning
Never seen the point in pet dogs, out in the rain picking up shit, why?
I will put this on here hopefully to make you think about what you have written.

I was diagnosed with a cancer 6 years ago. My dog Ted was constantly coming up to me and sniffing around my nose and mouth. I thought it was just my breath or something to that effect. My doctor found that I had a infection initially on the Bladder and was immediately put on to antibiotics to help clear the infection. This actually turned out to be a cancer which was eventually picked up by a camera. I put the information to the doctor regarding my dog and the constant sniffing around my nose and mouth....he said " It was known for dogs to pick up on the scent of a cancer and is now recognised as fact.

From that I would rather walk in the rain every day and pick up dog shit on a regular basis if my dog can identify with a health issue that i may have and literally save my life!

Sorry for the heavy approach but its a fact. I dont see my dog as a pet...more of a guardian !

Kev

Drifter

Free Member
May 25, 2019
Dundee
Funster No
MH
Low profile c class
Exp
I think some owners just don’t see rules apply to their “babies”
Not quite on topic but I thought this was the weirdest thing and along the same lines.....
We arrived at cardigan bay yesterday and after getting settled I had a wander around to get the layout. On finding the toilets I was a bit puzzled to see a no dogs sign on the door and thought to myself, that’s weird who would take a dog to the bog
So I went in, had a pee, when going to wash hands had a look at the showers, only for a man with a wee soggy doggy to come out the shower( he was fully dressed, only the mut was in for a wash)
I just looked on astonished as he guided it out telling it what a good dog he was
Dog owners can be mental

romany

Free Member
Jul 3, 2018
Oxfordshire
Funster No
MH
Wildax aurura xl
Exp
since 2014 camping since1968
Sad world we live in when we have to discuss dog crap! How about this idea......Get a bag and just shift it? Surely it would be better to discuss the plight of the world than a dog poo or two?

Kev
Maybe the fact that many posts on here seem to think other people should put up with the inconsideration of others and clean up after them is actually why the world is in the plight it is in

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
If that was all there was to dog ownership I might agree.
Yeah but it's not all there is though is it, mess and stink , taking them out fetching them in at some in godly hour, can't go in places , cost more on tunnel and ferry's, , cost of feeding them, vets bills, no don't see the point. :(

Silver-Fox

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 5, 2014
Cheltenham Spa
Funster No
MH
Rapido
Exp
im a not so newbie
The last show I stayed at a dog owner with their dog off the lead stood and watched it pee up my awning leg, they didn’t even shout stop or no.

That was a funsters I’m afraid.

Dirty b',,,,,,,, not sure of their funsters name otherwise it would be on here.

I would have walked over to their awning and done the same as their dog.

Nope I’m not joking either.

Silver-Fox

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 5, 2014
Cheltenham Spa
Funster No
MH
Rapido
Exp
im a not so newbie
so speaks a farmer who only sees a dog as a tool

And no doubt never picks up it’s crap ?

I’ve never understood why the general public with dogs are expected to pick up out in the Countryside.
Yet farm dogs aren’t cleaned up after.
Why is that, do the farm dogs eat special food and are worm free.

Just wondered ?

Deleted User
Sad world we live in when we have to discuss dog crap! How about this idea......Get a bag and just shift it? Surely it would be better to discuss the plight of the world than a dog poo or two?

Kev
Think it is about balance, plight of the world gets plenty of coverage on this site, why only recently we had an article on John Lewis click and collect and one about Benidorm pea men so feel there is room for the more frivolous articles such as this one about dog shit.

May 5, 2015
Sussex
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2010
And how is telling us you don't go anywhere that allows dogs relevant?

Vic. Parsons.

Free Member
Mar 2, 2015
Wales
Funster No
MH
Hymermobil S740
Exp
since 2014
Was in Portimao with a nice German couple parked next to us. The French we're snuggled up together in the next row.
At 7.00am a Frenchman walked his dog between our two vans and then decided to become a plane spotter while his dog did a dump. I knew he wouldn't pick up so I quickly grabbed a bag and opened the door and said, "poor vous monsewer" in my excellent French. He looked a bit surprised but recovered quickly with "merci" as he took the baggie. He did then clean up his dogs mess and as he was walking away, the German next to us gave an enthusiastic thumbs up and a smile.

Last edited:

Hollyberry

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2011
New Forest.
Funster No
MH
None.
Exp
4yrs
Yeah but it's not all there is though is it, mess and stink , taking them out fetching them in at some in godly hour, can't go in places , cost more on tunnel and ferry's, , cost of feeding them, vets bills, no don't see the point. :(

That’s ok, you don’t have to have a dog. ‘Tis not compulsory :)
I’m the same about people drinking alcohol, I just don’t get the point or see the attraction in it. Don’t want to stop anyone doing it, I just don’t get it. Then someone else won’t understand why I’ve been veggie for over 50 years. It’d be a very boring world if we were all the same.

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
That’s ok, you don’t have to have a dog. ‘Tis not compulsory :)
I’m the same about people drinking alcohol, I just don’t get the point or see the attraction in it. Don’t want to stop anyone doing it, I just don’t get it. Then someone else won’t understand why I’ve been veggie for over 50 years. It’d be a very boring world if we were all the same.
Can't see where I said anything was compulsory, just my view.

mike mcglynn

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Jan 6, 2008
St. Helens MERSEYSIDE
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Warwick XL
Exp
A long time now
We were at one of the bigger shows a while back and I witnessed a stall holder having a right tirade against some dog owners whose dogs had cocked their legs up at the front of his stall all his stock was stored behind the covers , I like dogs but would never have let them do that the dog owners were all jangling at the front of his stall and the dogs were bored stiff.By the way the stall was selling ladies nether garments .

Abacist

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 15, 2013
Devon
Funster No
MH
N & B Arto 88F Tag
Exp
since 2013
We have had dogs in the past and picked up after them.

What really gets my goat is the fact that cats are allowed to roam and crap where they like and are protected! They just love to use other peoples gardens as their toilets! Also they prey on garden birds which are one of the joys of having a nice garden.

ctc

Oct 12, 2015
Crowle
Funster No
MH
Hymer b680
Exp
New
To stop the dog shit problem the regulations need to be enforced, to stop our shit being poured into our rivers needs the water companies to be nationalized, preferably without compensation.

Aug 6, 2013
Kendal, Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Le-Voyageur RX958 Pl
Exp
since 1999
What really gets my goat is the fact that cats are allowed to roam and crap where they like and are protected!
No - cats enjoy none of the legal protections that apply to dogs. They are no different in law than any wild animal.

Oct 5, 2012
Ayrshire
Funster No
MH
Carado T132
Exp
5 years, feel free to ask me about the Carado!!
To stop the dog shit problem the regulations need to be enforced, to stop our shit being poured into our rivers needs the water companies to be nationalized, preferably without compensation.
I used to SCUBA dive, there has been a few times we ended up in raw sewage.
I agree, but Scotlands water is still nationalised, so is it better ???

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back