LIFE MEMBER
Oct 4, 2007
Taunton Somerset
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
since 1989
It’s says MobileTV on the front. Which I suspect is just a cheap generic make and the model number is MTV20DVD/SAT
Amazingly I do have the user guide and there is an English section.
i can scan the setup pages (2) if you’re interested and send them to you.

ps. I just looked on line and they are still making these TVs. They are 375 euros, so not so cheap:whatthe:
If you can post the instructions I will try to show you what to do, if your perhaps (I am sure that your not) doing it wrong.

eddie

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 4, 2007
Taunton Somerset
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
since 1989
If you can post the instructions I will try to show you what to do, if your perhaps (I am sure that your not) doing it wrong.
Found the instructions: Quote them in Italics.

"Satellite Installation FRANSAT Installation If you select SATELLITE installation, the following menu will be displayed in the first place: Select YES if you would like to perform Fransat installation. You want to select NO

Select NO to skip. You can continue with regular satellite installation and watch satellite channels. If you select Satellite option from the Search Type screen, you can set a satellite and watch the satellite channels. You select Astra 28 (2)

When you select Satellite installation, Antenna Type menu will be displayed. There are three types of antenna selection. You can select Antenna type as Direct, Unicable or DiSEqC switch by using “ ” or “ ” buttons. Direct: If you have a single receiver and a direct satellite dish, select this antenna type. You select Direct

After selecting Direct, another menu screen will be displayed. Select an available satellite and press OK to scan for services.

Press GREEN button to scan all satellites or press YELLOW button
You select Astra28(2) and press the YELLOW button to scan only the highlighted satellite. To save and exit press OK button"

Try that (making sure that the roof bit of the satellite is pointing at Astra28)

OP
OP
BonnieCat

BonnieCat

Free Member
Dec 17, 2019
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
Thanks Eddie
you have an email. Sent to your info@vanbitz address

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
BonnieCat

BonnieCat

Free Member
Dec 17, 2019
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
I don’t remember if I pressed the yellow button. I’ll check it again shotly

OP
OP
BonnieCat

BonnieCat

Free Member
Dec 17, 2019
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
OK success again. Eddie there was no yellow button, however somehow I’ve managed to do it. The user guide does not match exactly what happens on screen but this time the channel scan worked and I’ve now got 300 or so channels. The next thing is to either sort them or remove all the rubbish channels.
Thank you for getting me to try things out. I now have a clear area where the TV is (no Freesat box) and I have the option of watching TV on 12 volts.
Even better I haven’t had to spend money buying new equipment.
Thanks All
(y)(y)(y)(y)(y)(y)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back