Getting new door solenoid (1 Viewer)

Feb 22, 2016
York
Funster No
MH
Bailey 620 Approach
Exp
Since 2015
Have had a problem with the habitation door on our second hand Bailey 620 Approach since we got it in July 2015. It's still under warranty. Having lost faith in the supplier, we are having the work done by an approved Bailey dealer approved by the warrantor.
They diagnosed a burnt out solenoid for the habitation lock. So nearly 10 weeks ago, the part was ordered from Bailey. The dealer was told "2-3 weeks". And still we wait.
As we are planning to go away for Christmas (2017) we didn't worry as it was some way off. However, we are now only a few weeks away from going away. The dealer says he'll chase Bailey. I've suggested that the dealer tell Bailey that he's making time of the essence so that further delay by Bailey will make them in breach of contract with the dealer and expose the dealer to being in breach of contract with me for failing to carry out the work in a reasonable time period.
Do any other members have any experience of such poor service from Bailey and if so whether there is another supplier who can supply the part this century?

joka250

Free Member
Jul 29, 2017
Fylde Coast.
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 1985
The part will not be made by Bailey. Look for any numbers or letters or manufacturers name on part and start Googling. Post photos if possible I would lay odds someone knows the part.

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
a universal solenoid would probably fit and only cost about £20

OP
OP
Ingwe
Feb 22, 2016
York
Funster No
MH
Bailey 620 Approach
Exp
Since 2015
Very interesting. I'll see if I can get the part number from the dealer and also suggest that he consider one of the universal ones you have provided. I can just imagine what the ordered one is going to cost!
Apologies for the delay in acknowledging the replies; been on ferry to Zeebrugge without internet.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Ingwe
Feb 22, 2016
York
Funster No
MH
Bailey 620 Approach
Exp
Since 2015
Well here we are 6 weeks down the line and no progress! The Bailey approved dealer has been blaming Bailey for the delay and alleging that they ordered the part on 2 October or thereabouts. They say Bailey required payment for the part up front, even though it is a warranty claim (not the Bailey warranty, but through MB&G).
I checked with Bailey who confirmed that (a) they don't require payment up front and (b) that the part was only ordered on the 18th November and that there is a 14 day lead in to get the part. So now the part is due to arrive at Bailey on 12 December 2017 but had it been ordered on 2 0ctober the dealer would have had it around the 16 October! So all the time between 2 October and 18 November, has been lost.
We're keen to get away and wanted to book early. Missed that boat too. Given that the part is now paid for and is on the way, we may as well keep the job on with the dealer. But when I collect the van and am happy that it works, then the dealer will get (a) both barrels and (b) no further work. Ever!
Lying bar stewards!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back