May 16, 2010
North Hykeham
Funster No
MH
Custom
Exp
much more now
No, you'll need to be about 20 miles from Portsmouth to catch her :roflmto:

I've had a ballistics expert go through the figures....

And taking all into account.....weight, wind speed, steam ram power etc...he felt that 20 yds would be more appropriate...oh and could we jack the front end of the ship up a bit?

Oct 1, 2013
Lanzarote
Funster No
MH
Nil by mouth
Exp
Lots
I've had a ballistics expert go through the figures....

And taking all into account.....weight, wind speed, steam ram power etc...he felt that 20 yds would be more appropriate...oh and could we jack the front end of the ship up a bit?

Just spat me coffee out nearly :ROFLMAO:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
acting_strange
May 16, 2010
North Hykeham
Funster No
MH
Custom
Exp
much more now
Just spat me coffee out nearly :ROFLMAO:

I'm getting seriously worried about surviving into the new year....but as I used to tell my students...

Extreme sports...pah....come home with me and wind up my missus....now that's an extreme sport....real danger at every level...:thumb::thumb:

Oct 1, 2013
Lanzarote
Funster No
MH
Nil by mouth
Exp
Lots
Well she's seen the pictures and the last words I heard were...

Alas poor Yorick....

And then I passed out.....

Aha, I'm back from the pub now, and he's asleep, what can I nick ? :Smile:

Hmm, what's in his bottom drawer ? Panties, stockings, tights, and lots of pink underwear.

OK lads, we ain't seen noffink right ? Mum's the word. It's our little secret :winky:

Right then, I'll shut the door quietly and leave.

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
as i mentioned on the previous thread regarding getting in the cab, my uncle had a bit of a fubar with his bike that meant he couldnt get in his work van. the answer he found was to make a box shape out of ali tread plate and bolt it through the footwell of the van. cost him nothing and got him back to work quickly. basically a smaller version of the hanging steps found on some hgv's and tractors

obviously a bit difficult for most on here to do themselves, but a local fabricator welder would make an acceptable job in a couple of hours. or buy pre made type from somebody like this Link Removed bit expensive at £349 though

Oct 1, 2013
Lanzarote
Funster No
MH
Nil by mouth
Exp
Lots
Being all serious (sorry) I have one similar to this to load my bike into my van.

Link Removed

I walk up and down it while I am loading all my bike gear. Will be perfect.

IMG_2122_zps789ec5ac.jpg

(sorry, normal silly service will be resumed ASAP)

Last edited:
OP
OP
acting_strange
May 16, 2010
North Hykeham
Funster No
MH
Custom
Exp
much more now
You are all OTT, and impractical, you just need one of these babies. Easy to stow in van etc.

http://www.ebay.com/bhp/cattle-prod

anonymous

Tell you what....you come and demonstrate it on her and I will think about it..

But before you could you leave a next of kin contact and I promise I will have the local Ambucopter on standby..:thumb::thumb:

Oct 1, 2013
Lanzarote
Funster No
MH
Nil by mouth
Exp
Lots

But before you could you leave a next of kin contact and I promise I will have the local Ambucopter on standby..:thumb::thumb:

Can we all watch ?

OP
OP
acting_strange
May 16, 2010
North Hykeham
Funster No
MH
Custom
Exp
much more now
Tight arse :Sad:

Listen...at the rate me and you are going it will have to be fed intravenously anyway...but you've gotta go sometime and after this I'm not letting her put the catheter in!!!....no way..:whatthe::whatthe:

Moodybrook

Free Member
Jul 7, 2013
Wet and cold place outside of M25
Funster No
MH
4 wheels and a pointy end
Exp
still in nappies

Whaaaat ! low amperage but 5,000,000 Volts, she will think all her xmas's "came" at once. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Bonus !! good for arthritus and epilepsy, am I convincing you ?? :thumb:

still anonymous

OP
OP
acting_strange
May 16, 2010
North Hykeham
Funster No
MH
Custom
Exp
much more now
Whaaaat ! low amperage but 5,000,000 Volts, she will think all her xmas's "came" at once. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Bonus !! good for arthritus and epilepsy, am I convincing you ?? :thumb:

still anonymous

I think that you're are right mate...she will think all of her Christmases have come at once..

I also think that you, me and Yorick will all wish we could feel the arthritis and be having epileptic attacks following the beating we will all get ... remember I have been there for a long time and now proudly bear the scars and shrapnel from the constant battle of the sexes...:thumb::thumb:

Moodybrook

Free Member
Jul 7, 2013
Wet and cold place outside of M25
Funster No
MH
4 wheels and a pointy end
Exp
still in nappies
Yep, the trick is to let them think they are winning. I have just had a serious wallop as my OH has read our posts !

On a serious note my larger half, she isn't looking ! has similar problems and I had thought of the step and Indian rope trick but I didn't fancy her waving about a step on a rope and the consequences to my paintwork. I have a litter picker cum disabled arm extension, homecare general issue. We will try that with a lightweight step when I get the love of my life out of her winter beddie. I am not sure if the reach will be long enough.

Merry Xmas

Jul 8, 2008
Weymouth, Dorset, UK
Funster No
MH
c build
Exp
6 yr
My better half is somewhat short and often struggles to get in her side of the van because the step is a little high and she has nothing to pull on to help herself in.

Could anyone come up with some suggestions that may help please?

Thanks in advance :thumb:

Derek

i got the same propblem witho/h so what iv done is get a old seat belt and fix it on the side of pas seat and she pulls on that (and not on me):thumb::thumb:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back