Free Member
Feb 2, 2013
West Lancs
Funster No
MH
Globecar Campscout Revo.
Exp
Since 2010
Hi all, my new Globecar Campscout Revolution is due for collection early next month. A big change after three tri axle Burstners, 1 x Argos, 1 x Elegance, 1 x Grand Panorama. Decision was made to have a PVC and after lots of searching decided Globecar was for us.

I have read all the Globecar threads in this section which I have found very useful, many thanks for all the helpful information.

How simple is wiring in extra USB sockets, seems a few of you have done it. Hope to put one in the front over table locker (using TV power supply hopefully) and one in the overhead bed lockers (possibly using lighting power). I am a competant DIY person but not really knowledgable on electrics. Electrical Mods proved a headache in the last Burstner (2013 build) as it was CamBus wiring throughout.

Happy you guys generally seem happy with the brand and SMC. May need to pick your minds once van collected.

Many thanks Phil

Sep 10, 2017
Funster No
Hi all, my new Globecar Campscout Revolution is due for collection early next month. A big change after three tri axle Burstners, 1 x Argos, 1 x Elegance, 1 x Grand Panorama. Decision was made to have a PVC and after lots of searching decided Globecar was for us.

I have read all the Globecar threads in this section which I have found very useful, many thanks for all the helpful information.

How simple is wiring in extra USB sockets, seems a few of you have done it. Hope to put one in the front over table locker (using TV power supply hopefully) and one in the overhead bed lockers (possibly using lighting power). I am a competant DIY person but not really knowledgable on electrics. Electrical Mods proved a headache in the last Burstner (2013 build) as it was CamBus wiring throughout.

Happy you guys generally seem happy with the brand and SMC. May need to pick your minds once van collected.

Many thanks Phil

I am now very jealous, that is the van that we will be ordering soon.
Did you have to wait very long for the van to be built and what extras did you go for?
we still cant decide what colour to go for, we both like the metallic orange but think we will probably go for one of the normal silver / grey / light blue.

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
Can't comment specifically on Globecar but I've fitted 3 USB sockets in our PVC. It's easy enough if there is a 12 volt supply you can get to. Ideally it should be a supply which can be turned off, otherwise the sockets will be permanently live and drawing a very small current, which won't be a problem if you have solar, which I assume you will have. If the supply is fused then you don't need to add another fuse but an in-line fuse of say 5A will do no harm but of course you need to be able to get at it if it fails! Only one of mine has its own fuse and that's because it takes it power directly from the battery.
A cheap multimeter (£10 from Screwfix) is essential to get the polarity right. :)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Phillybarbour

Phillybarbour

Free Member
Feb 2, 2013
West Lancs
Funster No
MH
Globecar Campscout Revo.
Exp
Since 2010
I am now very jealous, that is the van that we will be ordering soon.
Did you have to wait very long for the van to be built and what extras did you go for?
we still cant decide what colour to go for, we both like the metallic orange but think we will probably go for one of the normal silver / grey / light blue.

Ordered 31 March and due at dealers in next few days. Dealers don't tend to stock the Revolution and I am very particular on spec with a lot of extras (I know I lose money on them) but I like my can to be just as I want it. Love orange but went for Grey in the end.

Added UK pack, dealer pack plus quite a few other things including an upgrade to the 6kw Truma heater (from the 4) and insulated waste water tank as I am a serious winter user. Used all my vans for skiing and going to give this one a try but without water on board as happy to use a site when skiing. I'm just hoping its warm enough but wife not coming on first trip just I'm case it's not. I'd welcome any comments from anyone who's taken a Globecar skiing. I can tough it out for a week if it's not up to the job.

Neckender

Free Member
Oct 15, 2007
Neckend or North Wales.
Funster No
MH
VW T6.1Kombi day Van
Exp
Since 2004
Great choice of van Phill on our Campscout there is a 12 volt box in the overhead table locker, and there's a 12 volt box on either side of the overhead bed lockers behind the fridge and bathroom.
I've run an extra 12 volt ciggy sockets from these to the rear, one for my cpap machine and the other as a spare. I've fitted battery monitors to the rear of the drivers and passenger seats and 12 volt ciggy socket and switchable USB socket.
Have you looked at the Globcar modifications thread, and pictures of my Globecar thread.

John.

Sep 10, 2017
Funster No
Ordered 31 March and due at dealers in next few days. Dealers don't tend to stock the Revolution and I am very particular on spec with a lot of extras (I know I lose money on them) but I like my can to be just as I want it. Love orange but went for Grey in the end.

Added UK pack, dealer pack plus quite a few other things including an upgrade to the 6kw Truma heater (from the 4) and insulated waste water tank as I am a serious winter user. Used all my vans for skiing and going to give this one a try but without water on board as happy to use a site when skiing. I'm just hoping its warm enough but wife not coming on first trip just I'm case it's not. I'd welcome any comments from anyone who's taken a Globecar skiing. I can tough it out for a week if it's not up to the job.

It sounds like you have ordered pretty much the same as we are looking at, we also want serous winter use. I am yet to see a revolution in the flesh so will be going to the NEC before placing an order. Having seen a few of the other Campscouts we are pretty certian we will be getting one.

Blue Knight

Free Member
Aug 7, 2017
Durham
Funster No
MH
Globecar Summit 640
Exp
Phil, it sounds like a fab van. Enjoy it sir. The Globecar range of PVCs is the best out there IMO.(y)

All the best,

Andrew

Julie and Charles

Free Member
Sep 6, 2017
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Don't own a MH yet
Exp
15 years under canvas, 13 years in a caravan

Many thanks Phil
Beyond jealous. Can't wait for our turn to order in spring ❤️
Enjoy your travels.
Julie

Jun 12, 2016
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Globecar Revolution
Exp
Since 2006
1T be aware that according to the German Possl forum waiting list for some models and speck are long
We have the Revolution and very happy with it
Be aware if you fit a lot of extras you could be tight for weight if you want to stick to 3.5 t
To problem getting the maxi upgrade if you wish to
We are just back from Germany had a great time and much happier with the bikes inside rather than on the back

Jun 30, 2011
Barnard Castle, UK
Funster No
MH
Concorde Concerto
Exp
Since 2007
Is that the model with 2 beds at the rear, just wondering how they would be used at the same time, headroom etc.

Jun 12, 2016
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Globecar Revolution
Exp
Since 2006
It can be ordered with the bunk option
Ok if you have kids
We don't have that option but can raise the bed to carry bikes and still make use of the bed without removing them but if on a site we take the bikes out as prefer to have the bed at its lowest position and avoid using the ladder

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
To answer a couple of your question, yes its easy to wire in a usb socket as I managed it. Just a word of warning the wires can be the opposite way round from here.

As for skiing in it I took our daughter to Glenshee last year and it was -13 outside and we were lovely and toasty inside, once you have it warm it stays that way until you open a door. We ordered the winter pack from the dealer and it also came with an insulating blind that fits inside the back doors, this makes a big difference.

Reactions: DBK
OP
OP
Phillybarbour

Phillybarbour

Free Member
Feb 2, 2013
West Lancs
Funster No
MH
Globecar Campscout Revo.
Exp
Since 2010
Is that the model with 2 beds at the rear, just wondering how they would be used at the same time, headroom etc.
Caroline, don't forget the Revolution has the extra high roof (which very few vans have) so while headroom isn't massive it's ok with two beds above each other. We again did not order the extra bed as that was not what we wanted it for.

Delivery for us - ordered 31 March, was quoted October build, van arrived at dealer two days ago, picking it up next week. 6 months exactly.

Oct 29, 2008
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
since 2008
We have had our Campscout R for a year now.
We downsized from a larger tag frankia.
The headroom in the R makes it feel and work really well and gives extra storage above the cab and in top lockers.

We have the 4KW heating and compared to our larger frankia that had 6kW heating it works faster.

We got the 150bhp upgrade, extra beds, plus the usual cosmetic and Aircon upgrade. Extra battery etc

After the tag alko chassis the fiat leaf spring suspension felt poor, possibly due to the extra height and weight of the extra high and long van. I had full air and levelling fitted and it's now great. I also added a gas tank under the van to free up extra locker space. We have also fitted a solar panel.

The large fridge is great but I'm not sure of the 2017 model has the same fridge.
I plan on insulating the waste tank if required.

OP
OP
Phillybarbour

Phillybarbour

Free Member
Feb 2, 2013
West Lancs
Funster No
MH
Globecar Campscout Revo.
Exp
Since 2010
We have had our Campscout R for a year now.
We downsized from a larger tag frankia.
The headroom in the R makes it feel and work really well and gives extra storage above the cab and in top lockers.

We have the 4KW heating and compared to our larger frankia that had 6kW heating it works faster.

We got the 150bhp upgrade, extra beds, plus the usual cosmetic and Aircon upgrade. Extra battery etc

After the tag alko chassis the fiat leaf spring suspension felt poor, possibly due to the extra height and weight of the extra high and long van. I had full air and levelling fitted and it's now great. I also added a gas tank under the van to free up extra locker space. We have also fitted a solar panel.

The large fridge is great but I'm not sure of the 2017 model has the same fridge.
I plan on insulating the waste tank if required.

Ours does have the big fridge which was a big draw, and I ordered it with the insulated waste tank, which I didn't know but also moves the waste out pipe to the side which seems better than in the middle of the van.

We've also come from an alko tag axle, pick it up a week on Friday.

locsuna

Free Member
Dec 23, 2016
North East
Funster No
MH
pvc
Exp
since 2014
Hi as other have said they are great vans. We have the winter pack with insulated waste but the outlet is still in the middle of the van. Hope they have changed that. As for usb points the wiring is fairly simple but a lot of sockets come with a blue light. Trouble is if you are changing at night it glows like hell. I have fitted one under the table after cutting the leds out of it. The easiest answer are the Dometic usb points that simply clip into the lightning track. Can be used anywhere you like.

locsuna

Free Member
Dec 23, 2016
North East
Funster No
MH
pvc
Exp
since 2014
The dometic point came from Germany in three days. I have been using two of them now for three months. Over the table, sink and over the beds. Hope it helps.
9A756DCC-BD59-4FA6-A842-E22FA6DB6FC7.jpeg
484EC7CB-A0B2-4BF0-B0A3-4C3C6FEFDD9E.jpeg

Jun 22, 2011
Onchan, Isle of Man
Funster No
MH
Carthago
Exp
Since Nov 2010 after 25 yrs under canvas.
Hi iocsuna

The domestic USB point sounds interesting. Can you provide a link as to where to get them or a reference please

Sep 10, 2017
Funster No
Delivery for us - ordered 31 March, was quoted October build, van arrived at dealer two days ago, picking it up next week. 6 months exactly.[/QUOTE]

So now you have collected it how pleased are you. :D

On second thoughts don't tell us as I will only get jealous.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Whilst we were away for 6 weeks recently (Italy, France, Germany, Belgium, Luxembourg, Austria, Switzerland (shush ... we're over 3500kg :rolleyes:) and Holland, we had temperatures during the night below freezing and up to 40 degrees in the daytime (not in the same place I hasten to add!) so tested the cooling/heating capacity of the van! Whilst it did get cool overnight when it was cold outside that was expected as we don't have the heating on but when we did it was lovely and toasty and soon warmed up so that we could turn the heating down to minimum or even off and it retained the heat very well.

As for fitting extra 12v sockets in the rear, it's very easy as the 12v boxes in the lockers for the lights etc have 'lever' connectors in them (can't remember their technical name but @Techno knows!) so you can add extra wires without a problem, the hardest bit is getting the connector to 'grasp' them when you put the little lever down as it can be a bit of a b*gger until you get the hang of it. As already mentioned the wiring colour doesn't necessarily mean the usual live/neutral they can be one way, or the other, or both in the same box!

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Oh, just remembered, when you come to have your camper registered apparently you can have it registered at 3,650kg free of charge as SMC can just get the revised COC from Globecar, if you want it to be higher than that you'll need to do the upgrade yourself (there's a cheaper option than SVTech who they usually refer you to).

OP
OP
Phillybarbour

Phillybarbour

Free Member
Feb 2, 2013
West Lancs
Funster No
MH
Globecar Campscout Revo.
Exp
Since 2010
Collected the van Friday but not home till late. Spent all day today starting to make it mine, carpets, USBs, hooks etc. Will be on it again tomorrow but then off to Portugal for a week (not in van) as the van wasn't due till end Oct. I'll be wishing I was home tinkering again.

New Avatar.

Neckender

Free Member
Oct 15, 2007
Neckend or North Wales.
Funster No
MH
VW T6.1Kombi day Van
Exp
Since 2004
Globeca
Collected the van Friday but not home till late. Spent all day today starting to make it mine, carpets, USBs, hooks etc. Will be on it again tomorrow but then off to Portugal for a week (not in van) as the van wasn't due till end Oct. I'll be wishing I was home tinkering again.

New Avatar.

Nice one Phil.

John.

Blue Knight

Free Member
Aug 7, 2017
Durham
Funster No
MH
Globecar Summit 640
Exp

New Avatar.

Get some pics up Phil.

Have a great time(y)

Andrew

Anthea M

Free Member
Deceased RIP
Oct 18, 2015
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Hobby
Exp
Since 2009
Congratulations safe and happy travels!!

Oct 29, 2008
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
since 2008

New Avatar.
Looks just like mine.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back