Getting ADAC cover (1 Viewer)

Oct 2, 2011
Scotland
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2011
I tried calling ADAC today using a number I found on here but no joy. Number was not recognised. I also tried an email address that was on here. Again, no joy. It bounced back. Does anyone have the current number or an email address to reach them on from the UK.

Thanks

stcyr

Free Member
Apr 11, 2011
Normandie
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
On & off, since 1966 - fulltime since 2005
Call Barbara Lorenz on 0049 941 55673 :thumb:

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
Using the links below to acquire ADAC membership requires that your place of residence is in Germany. For technical reasons, our system does not support international addresses.

If you do not have a German address, please contact an ADAC local office or call 01805 10 11 12 (14 cent/min German landline, max. 42 cent/min. from mobile networks). We apologise for any inconvenience caused.

you'll need the international code for Germany (+49) in place of the first 0 and ask for an English speaking operater

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

keith

Free Member
Aug 25, 2007
Ecclefechan
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Starseeker
Exp
Caravaning since 1974 - Motorhoming since 2003
Using the links below to acquire ADAC membership requires that your place of residence is in Germany. For technical reasons, our system does not support international addresses.

If you do not have a German address, please contact an ADAC local office or call 01805 10 11 12 (14 cent/min German landline, max. 42 cent/min. from mobile networks). We apologise for any inconvenience caused.

you'll need the international code for Germany (+49) in place of the first 0 and ask for an English speaking operater

Better to say "Sprechen Sie Englisch" ..... they may understand you. :Doh:

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
Barbara speaks good English

Call Barbara Lorenz on 0049 941 55673 :thumb:

Barbara is at the Rensburg office and she deals with english members and those that want to take out membership.. you can pay using Caxton FX or a credit card... I renewed with her the other day... the number quoted is correct and is sometime answered in German.. you only have to say can I speak to an English speaking person.. you get transferred to Barbara.

Stick at it.. it works.

Bob

OP
OP
gordoncbrown
Oct 2, 2011
Scotland
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2011
Many thanks. Just off the phone to Barbara. Extremely helpful, and she has banished a stereotypical misconception for me. The Germans DO have a sense of humour. :thumb::thumb:
Barbara also speaks better English than I do. If only when you called up companies in this country they were so helpfull. If anyone from ADAC reads this or anyone here knows Barbara please let her know she is a star and ADAC should be proud to have her working for them.
Thanks to all Funsters that reccomended ADAC as well.:thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb:

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
ADAC breakdown cover

After being given the run around for 2 days and numerous phonecalls to Germany and the UK I finally found Barbara Lorenz number
as shown below.
All sorted and the office that she works in is the only one where you can pay by credit card 98.70€ for complete family cover in any vehicle in England or abroad 365 days a year, Magic. She even phoned me back.
0049-941-55673

Mar 2, 2011
uk
Funster No
MH
c.. autocruise starblazer
Exp
8 years
A couple of weeks ago while deciding on joining ADAC I sent an e mail to them with a few questions concerning their partner plus membership

I didnt get a return e mail from them , instead , next morning I received a phone call from Barbra Lorenz asking how she could help .... Outcome = All my questions answered and a membership application completed in about 10 minutes via this phone call. ..... A further call from her about an hour later , confirming membership No and cover commencing from midnight that day. Confirmation paperwork received within a week.

Hope I never have to use ADAC of course , but if the initial contact is indicative of their general approach , then I am quite content to have handed over the somewhere around € 98 for membership.

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
If you hold a Blue badge it is cheaper

If you hold a blue badge it comes down to €68.40 .. renewed this year by credit card (Caxton FX card to save the conversion charges).. but have spoken to Barbara on the phone a few times.. she speaks good english... we all ope we do not need it.. I have good cover on Safeguard.. but this is the bolt on that covers all the other things that I could need assistance with.

Bob:thumb:

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
a lot of things

ADAC is the German equivalent to the UK AA.. only it has 17 million members and is the largest in Europe .. has a fleet of helicopters and it's own air ambulance, recover transporters the lot.

You get a breakdown service anywhere that boarders the Med or mainland europe and yes also the UK.. you can call the UK 0800 number and the AA turn out.. yes even for a motorhome.. you can get an extension for the USA as well.

You get tow out of mud, recovery to garage.. a line of credit if needed, they will bring the motorhome back to the UK or anywhere you want it taken.. was used a lot to recover from the european race tracks... they will ship the dog back to the UK on it's own, or the kids... lots your keys they will sort it.. lost the glasses? yes they cover that.. the list is long.. if you need emergency medical help they can sort it.. plus a translation service. Dozens of other things as well.:Blush:

Bob

OP
OP
gordoncbrown
Oct 2, 2011
Scotland
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2011
Just got my ADAC card etc through this weekend. All the paperwork is in German, as expected . Is there anything I have to do or be aware of? I am going to make a couple of rads up with all the info we need, numbers etc. any tips/advice welcome. :Smile:

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
ADAC breakdown and personal insurance.

The question was raised about overseas cover with the ADAC, today Barbara Lorenz called me back with the full answer.
For the person , personal claims are limited to 90 days when abroad but the recovery / breakdown for the vehical is 365 days
I hope that make things clearer for everyone. Also if you are a blue badge holder you can get a large discount but you must ask for it at time of taking it out or renewal.

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
My joint memberships came down to €68

My join membership came down to €68 as I have a blue badge.

Every little helps as they say..:ROFLMAO:

Bob p.s I did get a translation of the German to UK from someone on this site, he pm'd me a file which I printed out.. large and lots of paper, but it had everything you needed in it.. may be worth hunting back to other posts on it.. must be a year ago I would have thought.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back