Free Member
Oct 27, 2011
Derby
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Hi to you all,

Bought our first m'home last september.. it's never been stilll. Why do people park them up for the winter?Horses for courses I suppose..
Ours has done about 3k miles since it came to us. Now we need a cycle rack fitting..We live in Chesterfield..Any tips on a good supplier/fitter?

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
welcome to MHF

Welcome to MHF.

Why do we lay the RV up over the winter? many reasons.... I used to use my A class all through the winter 25 years back.. but these days I have done only 10k in three years.

Fuel costs, site fee's lack of decent weather in the UK... perhaps been there and done it. Work stopping us heading to Spain for the winter.. all sorts of reasons.

This next weekend to Peterborough will be 6 months the Rv has been unused except to get the file and LPG and giving it a burst down the duel carriageway.

But I am sure others will have there own views.

Bob, Sue and Ezzie the St Bernard

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
I think you will find that those that put there motorhomes in mothballs for the winter are in the minority not the majority.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Nov 30, 2009
Pickering
Funster No
MH
PVC the PUG
Exp
Since 2009 with motorhomes several caravans then tents before that.
Welcome from us too.
Cant help with the bike rack as ours was on when we bought it.
But we use our Mh all year round too. Nothing better than being parked up when its howling a gale , when your tucked up inside lovely and warm. The CL's are deserted , everywheres peaceful .
We also have a favourite pub that does excellent meals in a village in York. They let us park up as long as we eat there for the night , log fire roaring great ales......

Rain snow or sun you cant beat having your own little house on wheels:thumb:
We have a nice list of places now , without resorting to big commercial sites where we know we wont get bogged down or stuck for a weekend get away..
Dont get me wrong we love the summer too. :Cool:
No such thing as bad weather just wrong clothing IMO.
Though having a well insulated Webasto heated MH helps too.

Peter JohnsCross MH

Funster
Deceased RIP
Jan 5, 2008
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
Hi to you all,
Ours has done about 3k miles since it came to us. Now we need a cycle rack fitting..We live in Chesterfield..Any tips on a good supplier/fitter?

Why not give Glenn my service manager as ring on 01-580-883061 and pick his brains, dpending on van they are not that hard to fit and we can supply at same time

Peter

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back