Get off my land....! (1 Viewer)

May 31, 2015
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Ducato PVC
Exp
Getting Better
Do you think that Europeans know that the English like there personal space and go out of their way to wind us up..?

Like, we know it winds the Germans up chucking their towels off the sun beds...

Talk about pitch invasion...:mad: we’re on a large pitch on a site in Croatia with paths down each side but everyone keeps walking straight over our marked out pitch, even an older couple walked down the back of us so close that they could have reached in the window and had a swig of me beer..! You would have thought they would have had manners...

And NOW I’ve got a badminton match right behind my van from people two pitches away..! WHY can’t they play by there own pitch...:mad::swear2:

I’m going to start :boxing: soon....

Do they try (and succeed) to wind us up....?

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
I have had people walking underneath the awning.

French and English usually so perhaps understandable:rolleyes:

Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
I kind of get your point, but although it might seem like you paid enough for the title deed, you have only paid to 'use' the pitch for the night not buy it outright

Its a camp site, it is what happens, you would probably get more respect on an aire :)

but I do think you can chose the pitch that is likely to avoid such issues, then park in such a way as to deter (y)

that is if it matters to you of course :whistle:

then theres always the clothes line to block them off, but best of all leave the dog off the lead we find that keeps them off :LOL:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:
OP
OP
Just smiffy
May 31, 2015
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Ducato PVC
Exp
Getting Better
I kind of get your point, but although it might seem lie you paid enough for the title deed, you have only paid to 'use' the pitch for the night not buy it outright

Its a camp site, it is what happens, you would probably get more respect on an aire :)

but I do think you can chose the pitch that is likely to avoid such issues, then park in such a way as to deter (y)

that is if it matters to you of course :whistle:

then theres always the clothes line to block them off, but best of all leave the dog off the lead we find that keeps them off :LOL:

Oh, I’d like to keep them off but sharp keeps me on a tight lead......:cool:

Oct 26, 2014
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral Supreme 680st
Exp
since 2001
We had folks using our pitch as a shortcut down in the Ardeche, a well placed windbreak soon made them use the paved pathway

I think some people are oblivious, in all places from all walks of life :whistle:

ukbill

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 3, 2011
Pinoso
Funster No
MH
4 berth low profile
Exp
starting on saturday 10/3/2012
Try razor wire,or do as I do,let the dogs out,stand outside,scratching me nuts,and swearing like a trouper, most ppl don't pitch near me

GWAYGWAY

Free Member
Sep 6, 2014
Dover
Funster No
MH
Hymer ML I 580
Exp
4 years
People will go where they want and not have a single thought about what they are doing. Many years ago I took our monster fork truck out on a railway bridge to stop a lorry and trailer falling over on its side when a load of heavy pallets had slid. The offside wheels were 18" off the ground and on the load resting only on a fence to stopped it going over. Traffic police were there and coned off the pavement under the lorry and I was lifting the load from the wrong side to get the weight back on the wheels. A young MUM and her baby in a pram and toddler moved the cones and promptly walked under the overhanging load along the pavement and the cop was told it was DANGEROUS to walk in the road ?????????????? WTF was she not thinking. twenty ton of palleted goods would had destroyed the fence and her under it any second.

Jul 12, 2013
The City of Henlow
Funster No
MH
Adria Supreme
Exp
Since 1980
It could be interesting to write down a list of unenforceable rules. Etiquette that we (most of us) understand without being told.
1. If I am renting a bit of a field, the whole area up to the markers, is mine; keep off!
2. Although I may not be making love at the time; Do not look in my windows.
3. The whole outer surface of my van is mine; Do not touch.
4. If I am the only person at a urinal; do not stand next to me.
5. If I am at the front of a queue; do not push in front of me.

ukbill

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 3, 2011
Pinoso
Funster No
MH
4 berth low profile
Exp
starting on saturday 10/3/2012
Ooooooohh! I know how to make an electric fence..and you already have leisure batteries!!
Nah use the mains,240v hurts more,and watching em flop away like fish on land,would be fun

OP
OP
Just smiffy
May 31, 2015
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Ducato PVC
Exp
Getting Better
Today's electric fence transformers are quite small and light...... And the wire can be hard to see if placed at shin height.

I’m thinking more of trip wire with grenades on the end.....:D2

I’m a firm believer in “if a jobs worth doing do it properly “ :)

May 4, 2015
North Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
since 2000
There are things called mine alarms readily on sale. They consist of a trip wire connected to a blank cartridge, really noisy.

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
Yes I'm convinced that they do ....ive showed it loads of times how I can park miles from everyone and some bugger either parks alongside me with a foot to spare or accross the front blocking the view.

But yesterday it was worse ....i went down on to an almost deserted beach I walked along s good bit from the path where it was quiet and no one about , I'm lying on my towel just about to nod off and two very large very round polish men parked themselves on deckchairs about 8 foot away from me and then had the loudest conversation possible despite them sitting close to each other you could have heard them in the next town
One kept stopping to release very long loud belches and then continued the rabble
They could have sat anywhere ...there was hardly anyone on the beach but no let's go and disturb the guy trying to get some peace and quiet in the sun.

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
That will teach you to use sites, if you had found a nice wild spot miles from civilisation you don't get that problem. :)

On our last trip at a camper stop in Spain we had a game of cat & mouse with a Frenchman we won.
In the area we went to park in there was a French guy all his BBQ & chairs out so been there a while although the pitch next to him was good and flat we went to a not so nice pitch a couple of pitches down so as not to block his sun (the camper stop was nearly empty). 10 min later he moved to the other side of us right next door blocking out sun and view. While this was going on we were chatting to a Dutch guy who had just come in, anyway like us the Dutch guy couldn't beleive it and went and had a go at the French guy, he said it was because his TV wouldn't work, yer right he was now under trees. Anyway we said we have no sun or view mind if we move the other side, so we did. One very embarrassed Frenchman who went and paid his bill and departed, me and the Dutch guy had a good laugh.

Oct 1, 2013
Lanzarote
Funster No
MH
Nil by mouth
Exp
Lots
Can't you just apply the force field?

Waddya mean you ain't got a force field. ? I thought we all had one. Sorry :(

AnnK

Free Member
Jan 19, 2017
North West
Funster No
MH
Swift Sundance 580pr
Exp
Since 2016
We were on a C & M club site last year when they were "invaded" by a couple of vehicles from the "travelling fraternity" police duly arrived and security put on the gates to stop any extra friends arriving. The men used to cut across under our awning to get back to the gates whenever they wanted to leave, cheeky fe**ers. The day we were going home I gave them a piece of my mind, didn't make a jot of difference

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back