Arjy

Free Member
Jan 17, 2018
Devon
Funster No
MH
VW Compass Calypso
Exp
does anyone know if the traffic around Hamburg is still terrible? We spent hours last year in jams. Thanks

WESTY66

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 17, 2017
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago Chic C-Line
Exp
All the gear, and no idea!
There seems to be a lot of motorway upgrades all around Germany the last few yrs, resulting in quite a bit of traffic hold up!
Not sure about Hamburg I’ve never been northern Germany.

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
There seems to be a lot of motorway upgrades all around Germany the last few yrs, resulting in quite a bit of traffic hold up!
Not sure about Hamburg I’ve never been northern Germany.
Been going on over 8 years now. most are being upgraded from 2 lanes to 3/4. Similar on the French toll routes, which should have been done years ago, but not on the scale the Germans have been doing ..

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jun 30, 2011
Barnard Castle, UK
Funster No
MH
Concorde Concerto
Exp
Since 2007
No guitars last year on the way to Hamburg for us, especially around the Bremen area, the signs did say work would be completed by December 2018 though.

Apr 27, 2016
Manchester
Funster No
MH
A class Hymer
Exp
Since the 80s
Not been there recently but when I worked near there a year or so ago they were doing a major upgrade that should be finished by now. Apparently that stretch of autobahn across the Elbe is the busiest in Germany. It was so bad that a lot of my colleagues had reverted to commuting by train and/or bike.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back