Germany require us to show an Emissioins disc (1 Viewer)

Oct 2, 2008
Salopia
Funster No
MH
Duro 6x6 Overlander
Exp
since 1968
Ah... OK... so I assume low emission zones tend to be big towns and cities... but on the other hand for a few euros and and a bit of forward planning.... mind u my van is Old 2001 so maybe its got high emissions and I cant get in even with a sticker... hmmm
That would be right conclusion .

Jul 21, 2011
Up’t North West
Funster No
MH
coach built
Exp
Good Afternoon Due to me having to have a new windscreen fittedI have applied and received new emissions zone permits for France and Germany. These were stuck in the approved place.
Whilst in Holland I noticed several coaches had them displayed on the near side window (left hand drive). Does anyone know if this is permissible.
Saves having to apply again if screen needs replacing.
Regards Colin

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jul 5, 2013
Tunbridge Wells, Tunbridge Wells, UK
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2013
Life is so complicated now!
If you think the European ones are complicated you should try being a European motorhomer and trying to work out whether you can or can't access parts of London and if you can what you have to pay to do so. What with Congestion Charge, the T charge zone, the low emission zone and the new ultra low emission zone it is a complete nightmare. And a very expensive nightmare if you get it wrong.

Oct 12, 2009
SW London, Poland and all Europe
Funster No
MH
A Class N+B Arto 69GL
Exp
Since 2009
I think there is some clarification needed to distinguish between the German and French systems.

The German system requires that one has the correct sticker for entering a zone according to the restriction placed on roadside signs at the edge of the zones. As has been pointed out they are nearly all Green Zones, so MHs only entitled to a Red or Yellow sticker need not bother. Just keep your eyes out and do not enter.

The French system is diffeent in that for certain cities, not many at the moment, one has to display a sticker appropriate to ones emissions at any time. However, with a sticker one is still permitted to enter the city UNLESS the local authority has deemed pollution high and put a ban on certain categories of emission stickers. These bans are supposed to be promulgated 24 hours in advance. To date I have not heard of any bans being promulgated. Even with no bans in force, it is still an offence to drive in those cities where the scheme has started without a sticker. Many other cities have proposed joining but not many have passed legislation and/or it has not come into force.

Geoff

TerryL

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 5, 2010
North East
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
I think there is some clarification needed to distinguish between the German and French systems.

The Germans and French won't think so!

If you think the European ones are complicated you should try being a European motorhomer and trying to work out whether you can or can't access parts of London and if you can what you have to pay to do so. What with Congestion Charge, the T charge zone, the low emission zone and the new ultra low emission zone it is a complete nightmare. And a very expensive nightmare if you get it wrong.

Simple - stay out! I would never contemplate entering London with a motorhome.

Dec 26, 2014
Devon
Funster No
MH
C
Exp
Do I need a zone thing for all over Germany or just city's and big towns

Jul 29, 2013
Salisbury
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL A class
Exp
since 2011
Do I need a zone thing for all over Germany or just city's and big towns
Cities and towns but there are lots so worth €6 it only takes about a week to come if ordered online.(y)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back