Germany - France September 2014 (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

gozomike

Funster Life Member
LIFE MEMBER
Mar 16, 2010
Warwickshire - sometimes - but not often
Funster No
MH
Wildax Constellation
Exp
Since August 2008
gozomike submitted a new Showcase Item:

Broken Link Removed

This was the first overseas trip in my new toy :) (van), it was two weeks old at the start of the trip and fully run in by the end. The trip was just over 4 weeks long and I covered 1,800 miles.

From the Dunsfold Wings & Wheels event in the UK and a night at the CC site nr Folkestone I crossed into France going into Luxembourg (fuelling up) and then followed a similar route to my previous trips up the Mosel and then down to the top of the Black Forest. I had hoped to look around the Black Forest for a longer period but struggled to find good Stellplatz. From Germany I crossed into France and slowly worked my way back up to the ferry stopping on the Aire at Bergues before crossing. The trip ended with the train meet at New Romney.

Broken Link Removed

May 7, 2011
Cornwall Gorran Haven
Funster No
MH
T Line 785
Exp
motorhoming since 1979
Hi , loved the pic's , you've got me thinking now , might have to seriously start planning 2016 holiday that way.
France next year, poodling around mid France sort of Clermont Ferrand area.
Terry FIDGET

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
gozomike

gozomike

Funster Life Member
LIFE MEMBER
Mar 16, 2010
Warwickshire - sometimes - but not often
Funster No
MH
Wildax Constellation
Exp
Since August 2008
Great pics ;) How you get on speaking German ?

I don’t.:( Unfortunately I am useless at languages and despite being with Germans a lot of the time in the dive centre here in Gozo I have not picked any up. I do find the Germans better or more willing to speak English than the French and often they appear to want to practice their English. In places like supermarkets and filling stations it is only a few words are needed.

MillieMoocher

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 18, 2015
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Kingham
Exp
40 years under canvas: Motorhome 2016 To 2020
As a newbie I'm trawling through the site and came across your thread. Some stunning photos here and has got the mind thinking about a similar trip. We've fancied a Rhine cruise but always been put off by the price. But your trip seems to have some stunning scenery and the benefit of going at your own pace - so big thumbs up for adding a further set of destinations to head for when we finally take delivery of the new MH.(y)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back