Germany/Austria August/September information sharing. (1 Viewer)

Feb 9, 2008
Corby, Northants
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Since 2007
Jim has just started a thread where he is thinking of doing some form of map system for everyone to view.

I was thinking of doing one just for this thread, but ideally dont want to be tied down putting everyone elses information on to google maps.

Does anyone know how I (or you) could create a map on google that can be seen and updated by other people with a password. Then we could have a map for Andys Weingut Geiger and he could add it (with comments) and then I ll add a stellplatz and the vets can go on by someone else in a different colour?

Does that make sense ?
Yes ! I know how to do this ! well sort of but without a password but I can restrict who would have access to the file

OP
OP
suavecarve

suavecarve

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2009
Surrey/Hants
Funster No
MH
Rollerteam 685
Exp
July 09
If you want to work out infection rates for germany and austria then this site is very useful for making your own judgement. It updates daily and you would need to scroll down towards the bottom and take the figure on the right hand side as the amount of infections that have happened in the past 14 days. It is a rolling figure.
So Germany today has 13560 infections in the past fortnight. There is a population of 83 million or so. The quickest way of working out the figure the Government quote is 13560 divide by 830 (just add a zero on to the main part of the number) to get the 14 day rolling average per 100,000 people. So todays figures are
Germany 16.3
Austria (9 million population) 22
UK (67 million) 18.5
France (65 million) 42.5
Croatia (4 million) 29.9 (hence the warning in the press and only intend to do Croatia til they go on the naughty list)

I will try to put on a +1.2 or -0.5 for these on a daily basis to help with decision making

Todays rolling 14 day average figures for infections

Germany 15.3 which is 1 less than yesterday
Austria 26.8 which is 4.8 higher than yesterday
UK 20.4 which is 1.9 higher than yesterday
France 41.4 which is 1.5 less than yesterday
Croatia 33.4 which is 3.5 higher than yesterday (watching to see what HMG do to help with decision making when in Germany)

NB Dont take todays figures as absolute gospel as the link i had yesterday I had to work out the rate. The figure i used for infections was correct but the figure for the population was rounded to the nearest million whereas todays figures are absolutely accurate. Mine from yesterday will be very very close but not exact. Future ones will be exact.

OP
OP
suavecarve

suavecarve

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2009
Surrey/Hants
Funster No
MH
Rollerteam 685
Exp
July 09
The map has been tested and you can add places of interest to it.

There was a temptation to put all the aires and stellplatzes on it but i think we can use S4S or campercontact for that so the aires/stellplatzes that we stick on ought to be of a standard that we would return to or would recommend to a fellow funster.

The aires/stellplatzes are colour coded to the choice in the top left when you add. You will need to open the map in "My maps" within google so you will need a google account and be signed in. You can add photos if you so wish and a short ditty.
I have added the vets previously mentioned in grey
I think we can have tourist attractions in yellow (things like that bridge or waterfalls and similar)
If you think of another category start it off and choose a colour and update the thread with what you did.
It would appear i am the owner of the map so have to invite you so all you do is pm me your email if you want it. HOWEVER it is OUR resource
Currently the map is my information, hopefully a few more will add more info to make it more helpful
Try to get the aire in the exact spot and add costings or jetons required. You know the sort of information you would want.
If you dont know what youre doing this video seems to cover what i know
I m not averse to info on other countries but think we keep it to Germany/Austria at the moment and can revisit after our jaunts to see if it worked and potentially expand
I ve just learnt another skill which is a screenshot of the map as is at the moment

Enjoy
1597750831143.png

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
suavecarve

suavecarve

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2009
Surrey/Hants
Funster No
MH
Rollerteam 685
Exp
July 09
And ignore the Vercors stuff as I already had that on the map for where I was going

Feb 19, 2017
Leighton Buzzard
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Ten years
Top work people, we have been in Germany the last three September’s although one year it rained and we high tailed it south. We really like the Mosel area, unfortunately all the wine festival’s have been cancelled this year, but I’m guessing you can still buy a bottle of plonk somewhere. If not that vineyard with delivery to your your door sounds like a must do. We intend going to Germany again this September, subject to the obvious, and will certainly say hello to Dave in Reil.

OP
OP
suavecarve

suavecarve

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2009
Surrey/Hants
Funster No
MH
Rollerteam 685
Exp
July 09
Todays rolling 14 day average figures for infections

Germany 15.3 which is 1 less than yesterday
Austria 26.8 which is 4.8 higher than yesterday
UK 20.4 which is 1.9 higher than yesterday
France 41.4 which is 1.5 less than yesterday
Croatia 33.4 which is 3.5 higher than yesterday (watching to see what HMG do to help with decision making when in Germany)

NB Dont take todays figures as absolute gospel as the link i had yesterday I had to work out the rate. The figure i used for infections was correct but the figure for the population was rounded to the nearest million whereas todays figures are absolutely accurate. Mine from yesterday will be very very close but not exact. Future ones will be exact.
Todays figures
Germany 17.9 Higher by 1.6
Austria 27.1 Higher by 0.3
UK 21 Higher by 0.6
France 43.2 Higher by 1.8
Croatia 37.7 Higher by 4.3

OP
OP
suavecarve

suavecarve

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2009
Surrey/Hants
Funster No
MH
Rollerteam 685
Exp
July 09
I ve just added the "top 10" swimming lakes in black forest to the map.

The "pin" is generally in the middle of the lake. If you click it, you get the option of viewing in google maps. If you take that option you can view the photos of the lake. Some of them you can see loads of motorhomes in and apparent stellplazes.

Schluctsee is worth a look just to see what is around the lake. Looks like a well worthy walk round. They are in the sort of purplish colour.

MichaelT

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 12, 2015
Colchester
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Esprit I7150 EB
Exp
Since 2016
I ve just added the "top 10" swimming lakes in black forest to the map.

The "pin" is generally in the middle of the lake. If you click it, you get the option of viewing in google maps. If you take that option you can view the photos of the lake. Some of them you can see loads of motorhomes in and apparent stellplazes.

Schluctsee is worth a look just to see what is around the lake. Looks like a well worthy walk round. They are in the sort of purplish colour.
Great stelllatz there and a swimming pool.

OP
OP
suavecarve

suavecarve

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2009
Surrey/Hants
Funster No
MH
Rollerteam 685
Exp
July 09

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Since May 05 (Ex Tuggers).
Trying to remain positive :pray: I've just received and printed off my Green Card from NFU, to cover France/Belgium/Luxembourg/Germany, and checked with our breakdown/recovery insurers, that they will also cover us in those countries, considering the current FCO's advice. (y)

Cheers,

Jock. :)

MichaelT

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 12, 2015
Colchester
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Esprit I7150 EB
Exp
Since 2016
May 8, 2010
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2010
Or, alternatively, you can type an 'e' after the a, o, or u which should have had an Umlaut. (That's what I do, because I didn't know you could change the settings :unsure: )

Jan 7, 2010
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Can't join in on the map as I don't have a Google account. Have just been on the aire on the banks of the Moselle at Zell. Lots of room, big marked pitches or you can park further along from the pitches up until the sign marking the end. It was lovely, a footbridge over the river into Zell, and lots of boats passing. Looked into the platz at Reil but it was very busy with no spaces beside the river. There were mainly big vans well spread out. Didn't stay.

Feb 17, 2012
merseyside
Funster No
MH
Murvi Pimento
Exp
Since 2015
I've checked with my health insurer Aviva and the run from tunnel to Germany is not covered but once in Germany I'm covered . Once in German I will remain covered if they go on the no-go list but not if UK government advise Brits to leave ( which is unlikely) IMHO.
I was worried about crashing on my journey through France and Belgium but have now found I can get 1 day insurance from Battleface (not covering pre existing conditions) for £4.96. I do worry about things!

OP
OP
suavecarve

suavecarve

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2009
Surrey/Hants
Funster No
MH
Rollerteam 685
Exp
July 09
map has been updated with the "Belvederes" or viewing points in Rhineland Palitinate in black.

I was going to have a look at some cycle routes. The sort of disused railway line sort of things which i have given up on because this covers the lot of what i was considering.
<Broken link removed>

You will note if you go into that link then you can choose spas, museums, etc so it looks like a pretty good link to me.

Oct 14, 2011
Chichester,West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Wildax Hi Top
Exp
Since 2002
The Stellplatz at Zell is € 9 but only suited to vans <8m and no electric. It is called An der Fußgängerbrücke.
I stayed with friends at the wrong one last time this looks much better. Thanks violet. The other one is Stellplatz Römerquelle and takes 50 vans on terraces and can accommodate >12m

ShaKen

Free Member
Apr 26, 2019
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
C Class Low Profile
Exp
A few years
Is any Funsters out there now?

I’m wondering how busy it is now in Germany with France “off limits”and I expect more people heading there than expected 🤔

OP
OP
suavecarve

suavecarve

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2009
Surrey/Hants
Funster No
MH
Rollerteam 685
Exp
July 09
Is any Funsters out there now?

I’m wondering how busy it is now in Germany with France “off limits”and I expect more people heading there than expected 🤔
Landy Andy got back today and will be updating shortly about Rurberg

And while i am here. Big public thanks for testing map out.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back