Germany August 2014 (1 Viewer)

Dec 18, 2011
Hull
Funster No
MH
Autotrail 634
Exp
Since 2006
Hello!We are heading off to Germany via luxenberg and would like some site recommendations please.We usually use camperstops with the occasional camping cheques site in the off season,and travelling in high summer is somwhat new to us.We will be heading towards fribreg and colmar and coming back through France,so any en route stops would be gratefully appreciated.We want to stop on one site for around 4 nights.Thanks in advance for any help.

Sep 5, 2008
York
Funster No
MH
C Class Bessacarr 769
Exp
Since July 2010
Echternach on the German Luxembourg border takes camping cheques. Don't stay in Freiburg. Use the stellplatz at Bad Krozingen. 10 minutes by train to Freiburg. 14 euros per night including water and electric. You get free transport all over the Black Forest area for the length of your stay. Pay at the touring office just along the road and you get free entry into the thermal baths which is normally 13.90 each. A great deal.

Lin

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Oddly, we are spending August in Germany.. If you can, go to where the Sorpe dam is.. Absolutely STUNNING place... Simply beautiful

Just a thought.. Look it up on Google Earth.. some wonderful pictures ....

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:
Dec 29, 2007
Somerset
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 1996
I don't know if this is any help. I will give you a link to our blogs.

part one of our last trip is with Webnode and Part two with Blogspot as I'd run out of space on webnode.

http://nomadrita.blogspot.co.uk/

Part of trip in Germany but other years have also done Germany so a trawl through both blogs might help.

Last edited:
Dec 29, 2007
Somerset
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 1996
Echternach on the German Luxembourg border takes camping cheques. Don't stay in Freiburg. Use the stellplatz at Bad Krozingen. 10 minutes by train to Freiburg. 14 euros per night including water and electric. You get free transport all over the Black Forest area for the length of your stay. Pay at the touring office just along the road and you get free entry into the thermal baths which is normally 13.90 each. A great deal.

Lin

A great place, we enjoyed it here walking and also with the free transport we had a train into Switzerland one day.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back