Germans Stockpiling Food Water and money??? (1 Viewer)

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
since 2007.Tugger before since 1970
What makes people think it's more dangerous in France than here, they have had a couple of goes in France now and the police and military must be on absolute look out, we here are well overdue for something, even arrests in Stoke the other day, can't be much closer than that.
Don't tell them that,,,,if they don't go it means more room for us,,roll on 6 th Sept. BUSBY,,

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Aug 23, 2009
Burnham on Sea-late of Mortagne sur Gironde
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Stargazer
Exp
Since 1995
I'm staggered to read some folk are so convinced Europe is about to collapse into a maelstrom of terrorism and financial chaos they won't visit it.

Oh well, be quieter for us when we go next week!

I am currently six days into a European trip. Ending up in Sw France where I used to live. Had to make a duty trip first to visit the grave of my late partners cousin in the Reichswald war cemetery. I have been in France, Belgium, Netherlands and Germany and now back in France near Verdun. Not once has anyone even mentioned the EU or Brexit. Just the normal great hospitality I have come to expect. In fact at a campsite in Belgium last night we had a bit of a multi-cultural evening with a mix of nationalities all of whom seemed to get on very well together. The net result of this was that my night on a Belgian campsite inclusive of pitch fees, meal, Free house wine and what seemed like unlimited supplies of beer cost me just 35 Euros. And not an EU discussion at all never mind Brexit.

Jun 16, 2013
Wiltshire
Funster No
MH
Low Profile Hymer CL 554
Exp
Since May 2014
We have come back from a 3 week trip to Germany. No sign of any hassle about brexit or migrants. The only mention came from a Dutch man who said he was very sad about the uk. He said that it was only a minority in Holland that want out.

But besides that people weren't overly bothered.

Jul 29, 2013
Salisbury
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL A class
Exp
since 2011
Well we aren't going to be put off we plan to be off down to Spain in November home in April and then off to the Arctic circle through Scandinavia in May doesn't matter where you are if terrorists strike and you are in the wrong place at the wrong time could happen anywhere!
Get on with living and don't worry about what might happen!:)

ambulancekidd

Funster
Sep 23, 2014
Ayrshire Scotland
Funster No
MH
Swift Kon-Tiki 640
Exp
Since 1964 Gosh that makes me feel old.
I suspect you may be the only one on FUN to say that, certainly you are a small minority.

And you a terrorist target, like it or not. That poor soul in Glasgow thought he was safe.

The trouble with me is that unlike most others, if not all others on the Fun, I have seen terrorism right up close & personal & in very large numbers. I don't worry about it, but I am mindful of it. At the opposite extreme, I don't really wanna die in my bed without having lived a bit, but then again, I've certainly lived a bit.

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
On and off for many years.
I used to work with a fella that was a member of the Church of Latter Day Saints |(Jehovah Witness) he had to store enough food for his family AND the house either side for 1 year.
This was in the 1970s and NZ .
Anyone know if it is still the same?

I think that could have been just him - or maybe the branch of the church (LDS or JW) that he belonged to. I have friends who are LDS and they are "frugal" as part of the teaching of their particular branch of the church. The JW people I used to know tried to be as self-sufficient as they could be but that might have been just them. They were a bit odd to be honest - cooked on an open fire in the living room rather than the modern cooker in the kitchen. Wouldn't use the inside bathroom but had strip washes and used the outside loo ..... as I said, odd.

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
The trouble with me is that unlike most others, if not all others on the Fun, I have seen terrorism right up close & personal

You certainly are not alone. We have members who served in NI at it's worst.

But most of us, I think, are "it won't happen to me" or "I'll not let them spoil my life".

Morocco was interesting this time last year, some said "not safe you will surely die if you go there" others just went and enjoyed themselves as usual.

Me ? Well there are 7,000,000,000 on this planet, so I think the chance of falling to a terrorist is very low.

Khizzie

Free Member
Jul 26, 2014
Le Repaire,Thiviers,France
Funster No
MH
Autocriuse stargazer
Exp
since 2002

But most of us, I think, are "it won't happen to me" or "I'll not let them spoil my life".

Morocco was interesting this time last year, some said "not safe you will surely die if you go there" others just went and enjoyed themselves as usual.

Me ? Well there are 7,000,000,000 on this planet, so I think the chance of falling to a terrorist is very low.
Did 3 tours in NI where my best mate was shot through the back of the head whilst we were having a drink in a bar. also lived through the London bombings.so yeah I understand terrorism ....

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
.so yeah I understand terrorism ....

In the worst possible way, you were walking round with a big target painted on you.

Thank god it's not like that for us civvies, we just play those 7 billion to one odds.

Sep 16, 2010
Bungay Suffolk
Funster No
MH
Autotrail TrackerEKS
Exp
Since 2010
Yes I did. Attached to 1 Para and now the poor buggers I was with are being cross examined with a view to bringing charges for bloody Sunday!!!!
But we DID pardon all the bloody terrorists and they are now safe from prosecution for life !!!
Sorry... I didn't mean to rant, but it REALLY seems SO unjust to me....
Mitch.

Khizzie

Free Member
Jul 26, 2014
Funster No
MH
Autocriuse stargazer
Exp
since 2002
Yes I did. Attached to 1 Para and now the poor buggers I was with are being cross examined with a view to bringing charges for bloody Sunday!!!!
But we DID pardon all the bloody terrorists and they are now safe from prosecution for life !!!
Mitch.
I totally agree with you .Roy

Sep 16, 2010
Bungay Suffolk
Funster No
MH
Autotrail TrackerEKS
Exp
Since 2010
Khizzie.. Did your mate cop it in Hollywood in that hotel bar ??
Mitch.

Sep 16, 2010
Bungay Suffolk
Funster No
MH
Autotrail TrackerEKS
Exp
Since 2010
Yes he did ,were you there as well?? Also known as Killinkeyvan if I remember.
I was there at the same time as bloody Sunday, but I was not in the bar at the time..
I remember every one being confined to barrack (Palace Bks) when it happened.
SO sorry about your mate Roy.. It never goes away does it.
I was REME attached ( a "Craphat' ) in your terminology..
Rugby Mullins and Taffy Verbec accompanied by Georgio "the Greek" reminded me of that after a night on the beer....
I was the Corporal I/C the workshop and ran the FRT.
Interesting days mate !!!
Keep smiling mate.
Mitch. x

ambulancekidd

Funster
Sep 23, 2014
Ayrshire Scotland
Funster No
MH
Swift Kon-Tiki 640
Exp
Since 1964 Gosh that makes me feel old.
Mitch.

Your rant is totally understandable Mitch. I lost two soldier neighbours John & Joe McCaig & their colleague in an IRA assassination (murder) in the 70s. The immunity given to these murderers really get my hackles up & as you say, the soldiers who tried to keep the peace are being hounded & vilified.

Khizzie

Free Member
Jul 26, 2014
Funster No
MH
Autocriuse stargazer
Exp
since 2002
I was there at the same time as bloody Sunday, but I was not in the bar at the time..
I remember every one being confined to barrack (Palace Bks) when it happened.
SO sorry about your mate Roy.. It never goes away does it.
I was REME attached ( a "Craphat' ) in your terminology..
Rugby Mullins and Taffy Verbec accompanied by Georgio "the Greek" reminded me of that after a night on the beer....
I was the Corporal I/C the workshop and ran the FRT.
Interesting days mate !!!
Keep smiling mate.
Mitch. x
As you say Mitch it never goes away . And I cannot forgive . Roy

PhilG

Free Member
Mar 8, 2016
leicester
Funster No
MH
euramobil 810
Exp
since birth
I spoke with my friend in Germany today , and he has heard nothing of this at all, i have seen nothing either , my research tells me that this is 'according to reports'..they have heard about a document that suggests this, that the government may have, and may act on...... so its a non story , in my book . Third rate journalism

By nature the Germans are far more socially aware than us anyway , they have far more part time and volunteer social people than we have ,and i doubt very much that this is actual news in Germany.

We are off there in two weeks, for 2 weeks, and nowhere is safer , despite all you read here in the UK. Where i would walk round anywhere in Germany without a worry, now i am more careful, but to be honest , i wouldnt walk round my home town alone most of the time.

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
I think the German authorities forgot to tell the German people about this stockpiling. No one in Munich knows anything about it :rolleyes:.

PhilG

Free Member
Mar 8, 2016
leicester
Funster No
MH
euramobil 810
Exp
since birth
I think the German authorities forgot to tell the German people about this stockpiling. No one in Munich knows anything about it :rolleyes:.

I am on a german whatsapp group and they know nothing either... panic where there is none.

alfandM

Free Member
Mar 12, 2012
sweden
Funster No
MH
A
Exp
Just to put gway gway post to right,they even announced it here to the swedish nation but only to stockpile food for 10 days in case of disruption to food transports, so there may be more to this than led to believe,regards Alf.

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
The reason I do not think going to the continent will be dodgy is that if there is a monetary $$$ collapse as predicted in a lot of financial sources, it would be very difficult to get home again with no working cards until it settles down.
cash is king.

OP
OP
GWAYGWAY

GWAYGWAY

Free Member
Sep 6, 2014
Dover
Funster No
MH
Hymer ML I 580
Exp
4 years
don't forget to lock up your garden water tap and put a padlock on the waste manhole cover.
What is the GPS coordinates for you house and tap???? manhole cover ehh!! well that would do for Grey and cassette as well.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back