Free Member
Dec 4, 2012
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2011
I have posted aboutsite before but some might not know about it. Videos of many stellplatz in Germany. Commentary all in German but it might give you some ideas.

Paul

Easyliving

Free Member
Dec 4, 2012
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2011
On the subject of Germany, I can recommend Bodensee (aka Lake Constance), beautiful and only about 550 miles from Calais.

Bodensee.JPG

We stayed on the stellplatz at Meersburg overnight. €12 but showers and toilets available and about 15 minutes walk to the lake.

Meersburg.JPG

Paul

Oct 12, 2011
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Lowline
Exp
Since 2011 therefore I'm not a newbie anymore
We are of to "do" the Romantic Road in Spring, we might see you on the road'

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Alistair33

Free Member
Aug 23, 2016
North Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer
Exp
None
On the subject of Germany, I can recommend Bodensee (aka Lake Constance), beautiful and only about 550 miles from Calais.

View attachment 150651

We stayed on the stellplatz at Meersburg overnight. €12 but showers and toilets available and about 15 minutes walk to the lake.

View attachment 150652

Paul

Ah we've heard very good things about Lake Constance and understand that there is a flat, tramaced cycle path around the whole lake, our plan is be to leave the motorhome some where ( suggestions most welcome ) and cycle around the lake passing through Switzerland & Austria on the way

May 24, 2014
North Devon
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Kingham
Exp
Since 2013
On our way to Germany in April this year. Any thoughts, suggestions, advice etc will be gobbled up enthusiastically here too many thanks

Jan 3, 2008
Pakefield, Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK
Funster No
MH
Looking
Exp
Ah we've heard very good things about Lake Constance and understand that there is a flat, tramaced cycle path around the whole lake, our plan is be to leave the motorhome some where ( suggestions most welcome ) and cycle around the lake passing through Switzerland & Austria on the way
There is a great stellplaz at UberlingenLAT, LON: 47.775859, 9.150682 it has a nearby cafe/shop and a decent Italian restaurant. There is easy access by free bus to the lake shore which is lined by hotels and cafes which are very nice. You could bike it in ten minutes from the stellplatz. I haven't done it but I think cycling would be good from Uberlibgen around the lake.

Jun 12, 2016
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Globecar Revolution
Exp
Since 2006
Did part of the Mosel last year
Didn't have a plan and run out of time at Bergcastle
Heading back this summer
Ferry book the rest we will play by ear
Black Forest and Technical museum are possibles though.
Loads of campsites and stellplatz to stop
Best bit of advice if you have bikes make sure you take them:) place is very bicycle friendly

OP
OP
Stealaway
Jan 8, 2013
Dronfield - Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Burstner Lyseo 690G
Exp
Happy FLT since 2011
On our way to Germany in April this year. Any thoughts, suggestions, advice etc will be gobbled up enthusiastically here too many thanks

Take the motorway from Dunkirk to Assen leave at J2 to Monschau and have a look around. Head south to Cochem stay over at the air at the west end. Follow the Mosel to Boppard cross the Rhine by ferry and follow the rhine south to Rudesheim. Carry on south to the Black Forest to Meersburg and Lindau on the Bodensee. Bavaria is the best. Also worth seeing are the Technic Museums at Speyer and Sinsheim.
That should keep you busy and entertained for 2 weeks, There is loads more to see just keep it quite, other wise all the French lot will find it.:lipssealed:

OP
OP
Stealaway
Jan 8, 2013
Dronfield - Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Burstner Lyseo 690G
Exp
Happy FLT since 2011

We have stayed at an overnight car park in Lindau but I cant seem to find it. It is a bus station and your parking ticket includes a free bus ticket into town. We found it on Camper Contact, although most of the locals went of for the night elsewhere - probably cheaper!

Glandwr

Banned
Jul 10, 2014
the Berwyn Mountains
Funster No
MH
Hymer S740
Exp
since 2009
Another vote for the romantic road. When it comes to Rothenburg o.D. t a good plan is to wait until the tourists have gone and go in from the stellplaz at either dusk or dawn. It's a magical place but somewhat spoilt by the crowds.

You can come back past the Bodensee, Black Forest and Alsace.

http://www.romantischestrasse.de/index.php?L=0

Dick

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back