Ockerron
Sep 2, 2014
Gloucester
Funster No
MH
Self-converted Van
Exp
Since 2014
Well, the good news is that we have found a breeder. I have researched her and her husband very thoroughly and am as sure as I can be that they are legit. They only breed GSDs (and draught horses!) and have been producing fine looking, healthy litters for many years. They have a litter due next Wednesday, and one the week after. She will send me details as soon as they are born. I've spoken to the lady on the phone and everything feels 'right', if that makes sense! Mums can be seen, dogs are pets who live in the house and are part of the family. They are up near Doncaster but I'm happy to travel for the right pup! Really excited now! Here are pics of the sire and dam of the litter due next week:
CH Mascani Ikon.jpg
Equiside Damira.jpg

K9Brian

Free Member
Aug 2, 2010
South Manchester
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since April 2010
I research lines very carefully for epilepsy ever since I had one dog from a reputable breeder that started fitting at about 18 months old.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Norfolk Red

Free Member
Nov 18, 2016
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Chieftan
Exp
2 Years
Sorry to add to an older thread, but glad you have found what you are looking for.
Having had 3 GSD's, they are the only dog I would ever have. They have received bad press in the past but if you look back at kennel club registrations, they used to outnumber the next highest registered breed by double so there was always going to be more reported incidents.

I don't think they are as popular now as they used to be, as the smaller breeds seem to be very popular, each to their own.
Picked my latest lad up from a breeder in Essex and remember when I went to look at the puppies, the one I ended up with was asleep all on his own in the corner while his brothers and sisters were all playing.
Don't know why I picked him, but glad I did. He is now 11 years old and the first signs of his back legs going are now evident, have seen GSD's with hip problems that are on wheels at the back but my opinion and mine only, is that is all wrong but again each to their own.
Enjoy yours when you get him, they soon grow up, and put some pic's up would love to see her/him.

Picture of our lad "Bear".

Best wishes,

Mark & Anne.
WP_20150628_15_53_53_Pro.jpg

golly

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 16, 2009
Land of the Prince Bishops
Funster No
MH
HYMERCAR PVC
Exp
since August 2009
This is my sons work dog, he is one hell of a dog. Even the police have difficulty finding suitable dogs, they have some Belgian Malinois which are a bit smaller but have similar properties.

NP Dog Section ‏@npdogsection Dec 19
Male sees officers, discards brand new mountain bike and runs off into a dene. PD Kes deployed & detains male hiding under fallen tree.

C0CIDI9WgAEi7c4.jpg

10 replies13 retweets156 likes

rosemaryd

Free Member
Sep 3, 2014
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2015
Our boy came from Opalia Gsd in Sussex. We had him from 8 weeks old. He is long haired though. We prefer the long haired ones. He does come from German show stock but has a straight back and is chunky. Not the brightest chap out for a GSD but we put that down to the show side. Last one was from working stock and feisty plus a rescue so we wanted one more easy going. I researched for ages, good breeders will have a waiting list and i too had a checklist. Finding one to fit your timescale can be hard and do remember it's better to wait for the right dog and a not perfect time. We were lucky to find him to suit timings. Stormlake in Essex seem to do large chunky Gsds, she was very helpful, spent time chatting on the phone. Try to see your pup and both parents. Despite not being the brightest, he's been responsive and enjoys training, bit of agility (complete wimp at most things off the ground) and we love him to bits. Also be prepared to travel. We said we wouldn't get another rescue as young kids although last one never put a foot wrong with them. But we know some rescue shepherds who are lovely dogs do keep your mind open and explore all options. Be prepared to decline the pup if there's something you don't like about it.

Norfolk Red

Free Member
Nov 18, 2016
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Chieftan
Exp
2 Years
Our boy came from Opalia Gsd in Sussex. We had him from 8 weeks old. He is long haired though. We prefer the long haired ones. He does come from German show stock but has a straight back and is chunky. Not the brightest chap out for a GSD but we put that down to the show side. Last one was from working stock and feisty plus a rescue so we wanted one more easy going. I researched for ages, good breeders will have a waiting list and i too had a checklist. Finding one to fit your timescale can be hard and do remember it's better to wait for the right dog and a not perfect time. We were lucky to find him to suit timings. Stormlake in Essex seem to do large chunky Gsds, she was very helpful, spent time chatting on the phone. Try to see your pup and both parents. Despite not being the brightest, he's been responsive and enjoys training, bit of agility (complete wimp at most things off the ground) and we love him to bits. Also be prepared to travel. We said we wouldn't get another rescue as young kids although last one never put a foot wrong with them. But we know some rescue shepherds who are lovely dogs do keep your mind open and explore all options. Be prepared to decline the pup if there's something you don't like about it.

Nice post and very true in what you say.
Are lad Bear has to be the biggest wuss going, doesn't like anything that goes bang, eg shotguns going off and living where we do there is a lot, will not go in a river or if you take him down the beach he runs away from the incoming water. Dustbin lorries with their clanging, he will practically pull your arm off on the lead, and I swear his paws are like sponges, for a dog that dislikes water he seems to attract it on a walk and we have numerous towels that are his.
Despite all this would not part with him for the world, and when he is the right side of the glass barking at anybody they really would think twice about coming in.

Mark & Anne.

Apr 29, 2014
isle of man
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
since 2011
Hi We got our beautiful German Shepherd Queenie from a Michelle in Chorley in Lancs nyreemasgsd.co.uk a few miles from you but we took a boat trip to see her and then again to collect. The dogs have straight backs and come from good breeding stock. We have a 6 year old girl that we love for her easy going nature, she travels well in the M/H and on the ferries, has got a nice straight back, a bungle of fun, and very pretty.She is our world we love her to bits. Go on the website and have a look Queenie is on there, good look with search for a GSD we have had many dogs but the GSD stands out for us.

Apr 29, 2014
isle of man
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
since 2011
Hi Ron and Gerri
I have spotted that you now have a dog lined up all the best with your German Shepherd puppy I hope you have as much fun as we have had with our girl. looking forward to seeing some pics

OP
OP
Ockerron
Sep 2, 2014
Gloucester
Funster No
MH
Self-converted Van
Exp
Since 2014
20161226_203458.jpg
20161217_153446.jpg
Hi there! Sorry it's been so long since I posted on here but the new puppy/Christmas combo has been time consuming! We have posted another thread introducing our new baby. But in case you didn't see it, here is our gorgeous Codi. We werecommend let down by the original breeder we went to but were lucky enough to be put in contact with an amazing lady near Grimsby who had just bred a litter by the 2016 British Sieger champion Fransisco di Casa Gregori. We chose Codi and think he is the most adorable pup in the world. X
20161217_153446.jpg

lindyloot

LIFE MEMBER
May 28, 2008
Yeovil
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker
Exp
since 2007
The breeder we had Merlin from is excellant Kesyra German Shepherds. They are in Warminster. Unfortunately when Rich passed away I had to rehome him as he was too strong for me but the breeder found him a good home and he lives in Essex now.

Attachments

• IMGP2582.JPG
    IMGP2582.JPG
    548.2 KB · Views: 37
  • 2014_03_.jpg
    2014_03_.jpg
    70.7 KB · Views: 39

musson

Free Member
Dec 25, 2013
grantham
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
since Jan 2014
My daughter has a Belgium/German cross the most faithfull and obedient dog she has ever had
very good with my grandson also.

Jan 1, 2017
eastbourne
Funster No
MH
van conversion, Peug
Exp
4 years
Did you get one? Mines in the profile picture, adorable bitch...finally went to Maidstone and bought from Von Cara kennels, beautiful kennels and breeders who love dogs, spotlessly clean breeding areas. She's our third one and has been great!

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
The breeder we had Merlin from is excellant Kesyra German Shepherds. They are in Warminster. Unfortunately when Rich passed away I had to rehome him as he was too strong for me but the breeder found him a good home and he lives in Essex now.
@lindyloot ,
One of the best looking/handsom GSDs ive seen in a long while, and I am very particular.
Having worked with Working GSDs, in whats called Man Work and Tracking, with Police Dogs etc ive seen a good many for comparison
You and Rich did well to find your chosen breeder its not easy for any breed to find a good one
I took a look at their set up, some very nice boys and girls they have too(y)
G
What a looker

2014_03_.jpg

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back