German on the beach (Is this normal behaviour or is he telling us something) (1 Viewer)

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
50 or 60 years ago there were a lot more public toilets, its only in more recent years the numbers have been shrinking.
To be honest I didn't know as I wasn't alive lol

But I think there was probably less anywhere near beaches or laybys etc
But yes council's are forever reducing services and increasing charges

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
I suppose what used to be acceptable with regards to disposal of toilet waste has changed in a lot of cases due to our ever increasing numbers... no pun intended?
The inca trail for eg used to allow the digging of latrines at the stopping or campsite areas.. the huge numbers doing this eventually caused a pollution problem and now all waste has to be removed...

In this country as far as i am aware it is acceptable to deposit the likes of soiled nappies in domestic bins.. suitably wrapped of course.. so it would suggest that been caught short and using a plastic bag suitably sealed can quite properly be disposed of in a bin..
The local council round our way stopped providing dog waste bins in the local park... and instead instructed folk to use the normal waste bins dotted around the park saying that they were perfectly suitable for such waste...

Andy..
Yes I mean at home you are told to put dog poo in the general waste landfill bin and not the garden fokd waste bins etc

WESTY66

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 17, 2017
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago Chic C-Line
Exp
All the gear, and no idea!
The was one such in HULL, which had large glass fronted Cisterns, in which the attendant had planted fish weed and had GOLDFISH in them.!!. Quite therapeutic, having a pee and watching the fish swim lazily about!!
Yes, I heard about that on Radio Humberside?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

May 5, 2015
Sussex
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2010
I used a site by a canal once and used to think what a lovely life it would be living on a narrow boat in the summer and driving somewhere warmer in a motorhome in the winter.

Once I'd walked along the canal bank for a bit and realised where their waste was being dumped I changed my mind.

PeteH

Free Member
Nov 22, 2007
East Riding of Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido, 999M.
Exp
18+yrs plus 25+Towing
I used a site by a canal once and used to think what a lovely life it would be living on a narrow boat in the summer and driving somewhere warmer in a motorhome in the winter.

Once I'd walked along the canal bank for a bit and realised where their waste was being dumped I changed my mind.

It happens, However IF caught, You can Lose your right to navigate!. (so then where do you take a 100Ton of Barge?) That`s after you find the money for the very hefty Fine!!. Most "boats" now have "Black Tanks" (some still use Pottys, but not that many) and you have to pay to have a "pump out" occasionally. My youngest Son lives on one on the Thames/Kennet Near Reading.

Last edited:
Jan 3, 2008
Pakefield, Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK
Funster No
MH
Looking
Exp
On the other side of the coin what is a wagon driver supposed to do? In some parts of the country there are no public toilets. Those that do exist are too well hidden for a man in 40 tonner to find. Motorways OK but elsewhere?

Simple. Use a plastic bag for poo and an empty drink bottle for pee. Then dispose of in an appropriate place.

Aug 6, 2013
Kendal, Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Le-Voyageur RX958 Pl
Exp
since 1999
Simple. Use a plastic bag for poo and an empty drink bottle for pee. Then dispose of in an appropriate place.
It was a serious question. I wondered how they were expected to cope. I'm not convinced I've heard a solution I'd be comfortable with (if I was in that position).

Feb 20, 2017
Kent
Funster No
MH
Bailey 75-2
Exp
Tugger now Motorhome
Same as Hackney cab drivers, front nearside wheel. Most old school truck drivers will also know what a "spreadaxle" is.
Which is why the lorry parks we endure as Motorhome or Caravan owners in Motorway Services have a lovely smell of p&/s. Lazy barstusrds can't be bothered to walk to the toilets.

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
It still begs the question of why someone, who has a fully fitted motorhome, would want to crap on the beach in full daylight with all the posh dog walkers around who never let little fuzzball make a mess.
Suppose you could say why shit in the van and then have to carry it to tip it in the sea

Sep 22, 2017
Funster No
busby Had I got the pictures the police and local council would have very quickly been involved. I do not see why one person should ruin a very good wilding spot for everybody else.

I would have rubbed his own shit all over him and tied a dead seagull to his head then let him go back to his van (y) :cool:

Feb 9, 2008
Corby, Northants
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Since 2007
This is not the normal behaviour of FLT/Wild Campers but sadly it only takes one or two to behave badly for the rest to be found guilty by association. Bit Like terrorism and Muslims, Irish Catholics and the IRA, motor homers and Itinerants etc., etc., It will never change .

Feb 22, 2014
Grantham
Funster No
MH
Rapido Le Randonneur
Exp
Since 2015
A spade, loo roll and a box of matches. Dig a hole, do your business, wipe, burn paper, fill in hole. But only when you have no other choice. It happened To mé in The Kruger. I had a sudden attack of the runs. It was let me out to poop or disgrace myself, so although shielded by the vehicle we were in, I had no choice but to poop in the road. Quite frankly, I would have rather been eaten by a lion, I was so ashamed.

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Jul 12, 2013
The City of Henlow
Funster No
MH
Adria Supreme
Exp
Since 1980
In France I have watched public toilets power washed every day, the same thing happens on some trains in India when they pause at stations.
In both cases it implies the publics personal hygiene leaves something to be desired and that there is an answer to odiferous establishments.

Candapack

Free Member
Oct 16, 2014
Fife, Scotland
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2013
I go hillwalking, not such big days now but used to involve being out from dawn to dusk. No choice then but to go outdoors.
We were in Austria once, stopped at a mountain hut for some soup, I asked where the loo was. The owner took me to the door we had come in, waved his arm expansively at the Vista and said "Berg toilette " (mountain loo).

Jun 17, 2012
North Essex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Delaware
Exp
>12 but <13
bear.JPG

Nov 9, 2011
Basingstoke
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
8 years
On the other side of the coin what is a wagon driver supposed to do? In some parts of the country there are no public toilets. Those that do exist are too well hidden for a man in 40 tonner to find. Motorways OK but elsewhere?
Sorry, Tony, but once a day for a Number 2 - every McDonalds, Starbucks, Costa, most ordinary service stations, thousands of pubs, plus where you load up and drop off. And the country is covered with hedgerows and bushes for a wee.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back