German on the beach (Is this normal behaviour or is he telling us something) (1 Viewer)

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
since 2007.Tugger before since 1970
On the other side of the coin what is a wagon driver supposed to do? In some parts of the country there are no public toilets. Those that do exist are too well hidden for a man in 40 tonner to find. Motorways OK but elsewhere?
Can honestly say in my 40 years on the road I never had to resort to crapping in public or outdoors..Lucky probably..BUSBY.

Oct 24, 2007
Funster No
Fun certainly does love a toilet thread.

What do folk think people did 50 or 60 years ago before public toilets.

In Spain and Portugal I must have seen literally dozens of people walking one after the other in to bushes and sand dunes to crap and that's usually only 1 day so u imagine it happens every single day , quarteria in the Algarve was the most recent one I saw.

It's not the crap that bothers me it's the toilet paper and baby wipes they leave behind them.

Poo is after all a natural bi product and every animal produces it ?

50 or 60 years ago before public toilets?

andy63

Free Member
Jan 19, 2014
south shields
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
since 1990
I like a good toilet thread??
I would never be without my trusty trowel when im kayaking in remote areas....?

But imagine these paddlers who do long ocean crossings in kayaks..
Normally you might raft up and one of you craps over the side... but I heard a tale recently where a lad devised this cunning plan...he got a sheet of neoprene type material and this was placed in the cockpit beneath him while he crapped.. then carefully removed and rinsed off over the side...
Apparently it worked well for him.. it got off folded away nicely and took up no space..

One day while deploying this nifty little bit of kit he withdrew it from under him in the cockpit ...and to his horror found there was nothing on the neoprene sheet ??

His mate could not stop laughing for the rest of the day at his misfortune .

Oct 24, 2007
Funster No
When we are in Spain we keep seeing men in bushes just standing around looking furtive.
No idea what they are doing there.

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
When we are in Spain we keep seeing men in bushes just standing around looking furtive.
No idea what they are doing there.
Waiting to take photos of you doing a shit and posting it on autocaravana diversion

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
since 2007.Tugger before since 1970
Don't know if this is true but was told by another driver.It appears one driver in Stanton Ironworks had a crap against a hedge near the slag heap every morning and after pulling his trousers up always had a quick look at his handy work..One morning he dropped his trousers but unknown to him one of his work makes hiding behind the hedge slipped a pan shovel underneath him and retracted it after he had deposited.Rekons the look on his face when he looked down and there was nothing there was unbelievable..BUSBY??

Aug 22, 2017
Funster No
MH
Wildax Europa PVC
Exp
Since 2014 -- cycle-camper before that
I don't think its a German thing. Once I found myself attending a festival at Glastonbury (unfortunately) and was witness to a young lady who decided to squat down in front of about a million people (and me, directly in front) and empty her bladder in the middle of a set by some unwashed spotty youth with a guitar.

She was not German, at least not judging by her plummy very British accent

Yes, not unusual at some festivals (or certain city centres on a weekend night!). I don't think you need to worry too much about urine -- although not absolutely sterile, it's not too far off. Number twos on the other hand are a significant bio-hazard!

GWAYGWAY

Free Member
Sep 6, 2014
Dover
Funster No
MH
Hymer ML I 580
Exp
4 years
All the loos in Dover except one have been closed and that is locked a dusk to avoid 'antisocial behaviour' They closed all the others off even some newish ones to save money. I would love to attend a council meeting, supply them with lots of tea but beforehand,lock every toilet in the place, then see how thay feel. I have BPH and when I need I really need VERY SOON. Motorhomes are good for that as it is always there for me. All the laybys around Dover have been closed and armco,d off to stop truck stopping so they need to pay £25 to go into a truckstop owned by a couple of VERY influential locals.???????????? bit like campsies really for trucks.
A german woman did a piss on the seafront esplanade and that got photos in the local rag and was directly responsible for the ban on motorhomes there.

GWAYGWAY

Free Member
Sep 6, 2014
Dover
Funster No
MH
Hymer ML I 580
Exp
4 years
Yes, not unusual at some festivals (or certain city centres on a weekend night!). I don't think you need to worry too much about urine -- although not absolutely sterile, it's not too far off. Number twos on the other hand are a significant bio-hazard!
Especially in you trousers for rest of the day.

Oct 5, 2012
Ayrshire
Funster No
MH
Carado T132
Exp
5 years, feel free to ask me about the Carado!!
Many a time during my visit to India in 1981 I would see hundreds of brown asses poised for a dump as we entered or left train stations. ?

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
Gardyloo

Screenshot_20190917-224657_Google.jpg

Pretty sure I was told at school the French started this...

Aug 6, 2013
Kendal, Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Le-Voyageur RX958 Pl
Exp
since 1999
You have to be of a certain age to remember the Galton & Simpson TV series Clochemerle, the story of which, if memory serves, principally revolved around the arguments over the erection of a pissoir in the town square.
I remember watching that. Wasn't Cyril Cusack in it?

Dec 25, 2015
Nelson New Zealand
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
Since 1998
It embarrasses me to have to admit that my beloved New Zealand is no longer "clean and green", as stated in all the tourism advertising. For at least a decade the country has been plagued by free-loading freedom campers who buy or rent vans or cars in which to "live" for months while they travel around our beautiful islands. These vehicles are not self-contained, and yet many of them display a sticker stating that they are self-contained. The stickers can be bought off the internet for a few dollars. My motorhome, which has to be inspected and certified and has cost me many thousands of dollars, is approved for freedom camping by local councils. I like to freedom camp but in recent years my enjoyment has been spoiled by having to share the best freedom camping spots with the aforementioned non-self-contained vans and cars. I hate hearing their doors slide open in the middle of the night, knowing they are defecating outside.
In my experience it is predominantly Germans, French, Israeli and British tourists, and almost exclusively under the age of 30.
The problem of dirty freedom campers in NZ has become a major political issue. Unfortunately for the British, you have other more important political issues to sort out before you tackle this ever-growing nuisance.

Apr 27, 2008
Eastbourne East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer low profile
Exp
Since 1972
Fun certainly does love a toilet thread.

What do folk think people did 50 or 60 years ago before public toilets.
50 or 60 years ago there were a lot more public toilets, its only in more recent years the numbers have been shrinking.

Jul 12, 2013
The City of Henlow
Funster No
MH
Adria Supreme
Exp
Since 1980
It does seem odd that a natural function should be seen as either a nuisance, be offensive or a joke.
Many countries have no choice but to fertilise the ground. If there are no toilets, where are you supposed to go.
As to Dovers idiotic and frankly uncivilised locking toilet doors, I rather hope they get what they deserve.

Jan 22, 2012
Wigan
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun TI 2012
Exp
Earlier this year whilst travelling through Brittany we passed a guy on the side of the road having a pee but he was turned facing the traffic , exposing himself. 10 minutes later he passed us on the road and then another 10 minutes later he was on the side of the road again repeating the process.

PeteH

Free Member
Nov 22, 2007
East Riding of Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido, 999M.
Exp
18+yrs plus 25+Towing
More than enough room for one of them in a sleeper cab.

The flaw in that "argument" runs along the lines of, a) a large number are not sleeper cabs (still). b) Why should one section of society have to suffer from a lack of a basic facility, more so than the rest, JUST in order to deliver YOUR goods to the Supermarket, for you?. I have many times, used the facilities during a delivery, which is one way of coping, I`ve also been refused access!! (a NEXT store). so I pee`d up their back wall!!!

Some one posted about the demise of "public" toilets?. The Victorians, where the "market leaders", and built some quite elegant facilities during the late 1800`s. VANDALISM, (and Council cost cutting) has closed the majority.

The was one such in HULL, which had large glass fronted Cisterns, in which the attendant had planted fish weed and had GOLDFISH in them.!!. Quite therapeutic, having a pee and watching the fish swim lazily about!!

andy63

Free Member
Jan 19, 2014
south shields
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
since 1990
I suppose what used to be acceptable with regards to disposal of toilet waste has changed in a lot of cases due to our ever increasing numbers... no pun intended?
The inca trail for eg used to allow the digging of latrines at the stopping or campsite areas.. the huge numbers doing this eventually caused a pollution problem and now all waste has to be removed...

In this country as far as i am aware it is acceptable to deposit the likes of soiled nappies in domestic bins.. suitably wrapped of course.. so it would suggest that been caught short and using a plastic bag suitably sealed can quite properly be disposed of in a bin..
The local council round our way stopped providing dog waste bins in the local park... and instead instructed folk to use the normal waste bins dotted around the park saying that they were perfectly suitable for such waste...

Andy..

PeteH

Free Member
Nov 22, 2007
East Riding of Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido, 999M.
Exp
18+yrs plus 25+Towing
Been to India?

Enough said.

I’ll leave it there to spare you a vivid description of some of the sights and smells relevant to this thread.

And many other parts of what is described as the "Third World" or "Emerging Nations". And not the "touristy" bits either!!. Dubai, playground of the rich and famous, in the 60`s was (quite literally) a right "Sh1t Hole".

Oct 1, 2017
Funster No
I don't think its a German thing. Once I found myself attending a festival at Glastonbury (unfortunately) and was witness to a young lady who decided to squat down in front of about a million people (and me, directly in front) and empty her bladder
Been to four festivals this year and witnessed many many women older and younger peeing, although most have been in hedges/ against fences and not in the middle of the crowd. Lots to do with the amount of portaloos and how long women can hold there bladders for, I seemed to spend half of Glastonbury being told I need to go 1/2 hr before so she could get there in time?

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back