LIFE MEMBER
Mar 23, 2010
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph 682
Exp
Since 2010
I have decided that the difficulty of dealing with ADAC when I cannot speak (or more critically read) a word of German are just not manageable. The service may be good but all correspondence is in German so I have emailed them saying not to renew my account.
The reply means nothing to me. Have we any German speaking members who could tell me what it
says? :-

upload_2018-8-4_10-14-50.png

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
You can get an app where you place your tablet or phone over the words and it automatically translates, ideal in resturants with no English menu.

Stonemags76

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2011
Derbyshire Dales
Funster No
MH
Auto Sleepers Warwick Duo
Exp
Full Time 2011-2013, now part timers!
I also decided not to renew with ADAC for the same reason! Someone on here then said that it renews automatically, so I emailed them in July to say I did not want to renew on 1st August. I received no reply until today, when they said they needed 3 months notice to cancel & therefore my membership was open until 1st August 2019! I have checked my credit card & no money has come out as yet. I have emailed them back saying I consider the account cancelled as per my last email, as I was unaware that it was auto renew (like the op says, all the correspondence has been in German, and they have never replied to any previous emails). I have said I will not be paying for another year, and consider the matter closed. I now wait to see the outcome! In answer to the op, I cut and paste the email into google translate.

Oct 2, 2008
Salopia
Funster No
MH
Duro 6x6 Overlander
Exp
since 1968
It s basically saying your stuck with them until 31-08-2019 and you will need to still pay :( . They wont be able to allow the discount on your partners policy , and if partner wants to terminate as well fill in the form to ask to .

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Reactions: DBK

Stonemags76

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2011
Derbyshire Dales
Funster No
MH
Exp
Unfortunately the OPs letter says the same as mine! Does anyone know if the auto renew, and more unfortunately the three months notice, is a new thing? Anyone know where they say that in the membership details? I received a very thick booklet through the post, in German, and that made it even more difficult to translate!

Stonemags76

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2011
Derbyshire Dales
Funster No
MH
Exp
It s basically saying your stuck with them until 31-08-2019 and you will need to still pay :( . They wont be able to allow the discount on your partners policy , and if partner wants to terminate as well fill in the form to ask to .
Which form are they on about? Why does my partner have to cancel separately when we applied as a couple? Does anyone know what they mean please?

Stonemags76

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2011
Derbyshire Dales
Funster No
MH
Exp
Also, does anyone know if they can take the money from my credit card without my permission? Thanks in anticipation

golly

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 16, 2009
Land of the Prince Bishops
Funster No
MH
HYMERCAR PVC
Exp
since August 2009
Juzt cancel the standing order with your credit card they eill soon be in contact when tbey cant obtain the money

Oct 2, 2008
Salopia
Funster No
MH
Duro 6x6 Overlander
Exp
since 1968
Which form are they on about? Why does my partner have to cancel separately when we applied as a couple? Does anyone know what they mean please?
My German is abit rusty , dont get there as often as I used to, so may have missed some nuances in the language used .
They may also have understood that only you wanted to cancel , and that in that case partners discount for second membership would not apply , and she will also need to cancel . If she isnt wanting to then she will pay full price. The "form" to fill in may only be her notifying them in writing (email) . HTSH

May 8, 2010
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2010
@tacr2man has read it correctly. (y)

As far as I know, it's always been a matter of giving 3 months' notice to end at the end of the current membership period. I wouldn't have thought that they could take the money off your card, though, if you cancel the payment. Also think it highly unlikely that they would bring a claim against you, even if you are in breach of contract. :)

Aug 22, 2007
essex
Funster No
MH
2017 sunlight t69s euro6
Exp
since 1999
dont quite understand this i am sent renewal form every year and bank details but like you i dont speak german so i phone them up and they take a payment from whatever card i give them the details from

Deleted User
Despite many attempts I have never managed to arrange an auto renewal, this year I renewed in July and the operator said that they were not allowed to keep credit card details for auto renewal'

I had an issue with a credit card direct debit quite a few years ago and was told that only the credit card provider could cancel the arrangement, don't know if it is still the same.

I had an issue with a French mobile home insurance provider a couple of years ago when their premiums became excessive. I rang them up to cancel and was told that they needed 12 months notice and was very insistent about this being the case in French law. The only way out was to sell the van, which I did......to my BIL for nothing who then promptly sold it back to me for nothing:)

Aug 2, 2017
Worcestershire
Funster No
MH
Burstner Ixeo It 724
Exp
Since 2015
You can get an app where you place your tablet or phone over the words and it automatically translates, ideal in resturants with no English menu.

What’s the App called?

Aug 22, 2017
Funster No
MH
Wildax Europa PVC
Exp
Since 2014 -- cycle-camper before that
Translation:

Dear Mr Price

Many thanks for your communication.

We are sorry that you have decided to end your ADAC plus membership.

We have set the termination date as 31/08/2019.

Unfortunately we cannot end your membership earlier. There is a three months notice period at the end of the current membership year.

The membership fee must therefore be paid one more time.

To date you and your spouse/partner were covered by the 'Plus-Membership PARTNER' scheme. This applies to two joint members with the second member enjoying a reduced rate.

Unfortunately from the end the current membership period we can no longer offer your partner the reduced rate. We will therefore convert this membership into a single membership without Plus benefits.

If your spouse/partner would like to end their membership as well, we will require a completed response form.

Yours faithfully.

Best regards,

davidallan

Free Member
Oct 22, 2007
Leeds
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
26 yrs CVing + 14< MH' ing
FYI...Just received OUR renewal membership papers in German as usual.

This is year 7 & we have used them a couple of times in that period. They went straight thro' to the UK AA and the
problems were sorted out - repairs carried out quickly., Comms v/good etc.

This renewal for the next 12 months is Mine: 77.50 euros My wife 25 Euros
Cover for European cover Moho and any vehicle we may be In !
So thats £92.00 ish --all in.

Have tried to obtain Similar cover from UK Breakdown coys....But it seems its a NO contest V ADAC

ADACs price was at east £26 cheaper & Not for equal cover.

I'll stick with them once again...

Sep 18, 2015
Selby, North Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido 8066DF
I have also received my renewal 89.50 for myself and 25.00 for my other half =114.50 now i also read somewhere i cant find where again may have been on here or ADAC no more non eu members after 01/08/2018 and it will be cancelled on 29/3/2019 Brexit if renewed, have i got it right i am not 100% sure i am right, i also think they cannot auto renew as they are not allowed to keep your payment details that info came from their web site, to cancel it has to be in writing, email, 3 months before the renewal date. Anyone know more right or wrong.
Bill

Mar 16, 2016
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Hymer S520
now i also read somewhere i cant find where again may have been on here or ADAC no more non eu members after 01/08/2018 and it will be cancelled on 29/3/2019 Brexit if renewed, have i got it right i am not 100% sure i am right, Bill

Nothing to do with Brexit!
As from 1st October 2017 ADAC will no longer be able to take new Members who are not German citizens, with a German Postal Address. This applies to ALL countries not just the UK

This is a copy of the letter they were sending out ......

Dear Members & interested Persons,

Unfortunately from the 1st of October 2017 the ADAC Mobile Club in Germany is not allowed to take out any new memberships for interested people with a residence outside from Germany.

For existing Members is it still possible to renew the existing breakdown cover insurance over the phone and stay as a member in ADAC Mobile Club.

Thank you for your understanding.

Kindest Regards

Amanda Moser-Wickles
Leiterin Geschäftsstelle & Reisebüro
ADAC Südbayern e. V., Paracelsusstraße 1, 93053 Regensburg
Tel: (0941) 5 56 73 Fax: (0941) 56 16 65
amanda.moser-wickles@sby.adac.de
www.adac.de/suedbayern www.adacreisen.de www.sicherheitstraining.ne

The good news is no change for existing members, they will still be able to renew as usual every year.

Pete

Welsh girl

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 7, 2009
Funster No
MH
Globecar
Exp
Since 2004
I am a member but cannot see the auto renew part of my membership online,how do I know if they will auto renew?. Its not due till 1st November but I'll be in Spain then and wish to do it before I go, or go to another breakdown company. I've been offered it with comfort my existing insurance company but they want £20 admin which will take the cost to £100 . its €109 with ADAC.

Oct 24, 2007
Funster No
I am a member but cannot see the auto renew part of my membership online,how do I know if they will auto renew?. Its not due till 1st November but I'll be in Spain then and wish to do it before I go, or go to another breakdown company. I've been offered it with comfort my existing insurance company but they want £20 admin which will take the cost to £100 . its €109 with ADAC.

Ring them up and ask ?
I ring them every year to renew. I always think it will be difficult and it is not.

PhilG

Free Member
Mar 8, 2016
leicester
Funster No
MH
euramobil 810
Exp
since birth
Ring them up and ask ?
I ring them every year to renew. I always think it will be difficult and it is not.

Same here 5 minute convo at most , even if its £1 a minute, who cares.

Welsh girl

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 7, 2009
Funster No
MH
Globecar
Exp
Since 2004
I use Skype To ring them as well. But might not get internet when broken down. I have searched the net for competitive breakdowns cover and comfort comes out best but I hate the £20 admin fee for adding it to my insurance.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back