german emissions stickers (1 Viewer)

D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
What age vehicle is likely to get a sticker ?
For instance, ours is a 2007 X250 which is LEZ compliant.. would that, in your opinion, get a sticker ok ?

I tried using the link on the site to check the vehicle but it came up with a 404 !

2007 so it's EURO 4?

You would get a green one and so be able to go into all of the zones as far as I'm aware.

Older vehicles might get a yellow or red one and be more restricted.

EDIT:

This explains it a bit:

Broken Link Removed

Obviously newer EURO 5 vehicles get a green one as well.

Feb 3, 2013
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
ENC Fifer Touring M
Exp
Since the 90's
Of course if you don't want to pay and object to the system then just print off the following and put your registration no in the box....

:p

Pete
umwelt.png
umwelt.png

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Oct 5, 2012
Ayrshire
Funster No
MH
Carado T132
Exp
5 years, feel free to ask me about the Carado!!

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
did you add a scan in the second box ???
No need for any info .. There is a link on the page that goes to a list of vehicle types and makes etc.
Only trouble is the link is a tad unwell..

But the other link worked a treat and all is good to go
I aint getting one yet as we have no plans for German cities in the foreseeable future but now I have all the info and can do the bizz if needs be :)

D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
Depending on what you do you may not even need one to visit somewhere where it applies.

We spent a couple of days in Freiburg last year. That's one of the places where you need a sticker in theory.

What we found though is that the route off of the main B31 directly to the Stellplatz was excluded from the zone so as long as you park up and don't want to drive your MH around the city you don't need the sticker.

I don't know how many other places you can do this.

Feb 5, 2014
mid-Norfolk
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
since 2006
I posted this in an earlier thread:
I spent some time with a very helpful TUV manager in Lingen (Lower Saxony) in mid-October. He looked at the V5 "Insufficient information", the MOT certificate "Insufficient information", the VIN plate "Insufficient information" and the engine block (which he cleaned in a number of places) "Insufficient information". He also made a couple of phone calls and eventually told me that mine was "Euro 3" compliant (I told him that at the beginning) so I could only have a yellow sticker (I told him that at the beginning).

He also said that things changed a couple of years ago and only green stickers were of any value: everywhere wanted Euro 4 engines and anything less was not legally admitted into the cities. He would sell me an orange one if I insisted but it would attract a fine wherever I went, so I may as well save my money. He then said "if you don't take a risk, you don't get any fun".

Fortunately I was able to avoid Umwelt Zones or take the special "exempted routes" to access the sites I needed.

IF I was entitled to a green one, I would buy one at a TUV centre, if only to give me peace of mind. All the Germans that I spoke with said they wouldn't bother. You pays your money and you makes your choice - Gordon

GWAYGWAY

Free Member
Sep 6, 2014
Dover
Funster No
MH
Hymer ML I 580
Exp
4 years
What age vehicle is likely to get a sticker ?
For instance, ours is a 2007 X250 which is LEZ compliant.. would that, in your opinion, get a sticker ok ?

I tried using the link on the site to check the vehicle but it came up with a 404 !
It might be compilant now Mine would be but the upgrade to 3860kg made it non compliant all of a sudden, seems it is a lorry and they need Euro 6.

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
It might be compilant now Mine would be but the upgrade to 3860kg made it non compliant all of a sudden, seems it is a lorry and they need Euro 6.

Just use this link and it will tell you what colour sticker you get.

Broken Link Removed

Oct 5, 2012
Ayrshire
Funster No
MH
Carado T132
Exp
the magic number is 3.5 for a lot of tolls and roads :Eeek:

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Just use this link and it will tell you what colour sticker you get.

Broken Link Removed

Cheers Funflair, that is the same link as NickNic posted in post #32 :)

Allanm

Free Member
Jun 30, 2013
Cotes d'armor, France
Funster No
MH
Burstner Harmony TI 736 G
Exp
Since 1987
I think I'll keep away from Berlin then, ours is over 3.5 too. Anyway, my Uncle said not to bother, he'd flown to Berlin a few times but didn't stay long.......

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
So it is ! No idea how I missed it in #3 to start with then ! :)

Jan 3, 2008
Pakefield, Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK
Funster No
MH
Looking
Exp
I spent some time with a very helpful TUV manager in Lingen (Lower Saxony) in mid-October. He looked at the V5 "Insufficient information", the MOT certificate "Insufficient information", the VIN plate "Insufficient information" and the engine block (which he cleaned in a number of places) "Insufficient information". He also made a couple of phone calls and eventually told me that mine was "Euro 3" compliant (I told him that at the beginning) so I could only have a yellow sticker (I told him that at the beginning).

He also said that things changed a couple of years ago and only green stickers were of any value: everywhere wanted Euro 4 engines and anything less was not legally admitted into the cities. He would sell me an orange one if I insisted but it would attract a fine wherever I went, so I may as well save my money. He then said "if you don't take a risk, you don't get any fun".

Fortunately I was able to avoid Umwelt Zones or take the special "exempted routes" to access the sites I needed.

IF I was entitled to a green one, I would buy one at a TUV centre, if only to give me peace of mind. All the Germans that I spoke with said they wouldn't bother. You pays your money and you makes your choice - Gordon

I don't doubt you for a moment, I haven't spoken to many Germans people about this but I have seen many, many German cars with the green stickers, so I think its a no brainer to get a green sticker for just a few euros as opposed to incurring a fine.

Forestboy

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 31, 2007
Forest of Dean
Funster No
MH
A Class Hymer B694 tag
Exp

The very reason I don't have one and all the Germans I've spoken to about the stickers say the same thing.

GWAYGWAY

Free Member
Sep 6, 2014
Dover
Funster No
MH
Hymer ML I 580
Exp
4 years
France has a sticker system soon starting that you may need to know about. Paris is banning vehicles over a certain age, but who wants to go there? the others or in the Alpes Maritime. there are 52 TOWNS on the list and you can be fined for going into them without a permit at certain times.
The 52 towns are:
Antibes, Aspremont, Auribeau-sur-Siagne, Beaulieu-sur-Mer, Berre-les-Alpes, Biot, Cabris, Cagnes-sur-Mer, Cannes, Cantaron, Carros, Castagniers, Châteauneuf-Grasse, Châteauneuf-Villevieille, Colomars, Contes, Drap, Falicon, Gattières, Gourdon, Grasse, La Colle-sur-Loup, La Gaude, La Roquette-sur-Siagne, La Trinité, Le Bar-sur-Loup, Le Cannet, Le Rouret, Le Tignet, Mandelieu-la-Napoule, Mouans-Sartoux, Mougins, Nice, Opio, Pégomas, Peymeinade, Roquefort-Les-Pins, Saint-André-de-la-Roche, Saint-Jean-Cap-Ferrat, Saint-Jeannet, Saint-Laurent-du-Var, Saint-Paul, Spéracèdes, Théoule-sur-Mer, Tourrette-Levens, Tourrettes-sur-Loup, Valbonne, Vallauris, Vence, Villefranche-sur-Mer, Villeneuve-Loubet
- See more at: Broken Link Removed
This seem to be coming an epidemic of bureaucratic edicts that is spreading across Europe With some of the British cities considering doing the same as the London emission Zone, it makes for a nice little earner.

GWAYGWAY

Free Member
Sep 6, 2014
Dover
Funster No
MH
Hymer ML I 580
Exp
4 years
the magic number is 3.5 for a lot of tolls and roads :Eeek:
I have noticed I have two plate on the van one at 3500kgs and on the other door step one at 3860kg so theoretically I could point at the one I need to be in compliance with at the time??????????????? weighbridge 3500 and then breakdown as well would be the 3500.

Oct 5, 2012
Ayrshire
Funster No
MH
Carado T132
Exp
I have noticed I have two plate on the van one at 3500kgs and on the other door step one at 3860kg so theoretically I could point at the one I need to be in compliance with at the time??????????????? weighbridge 3500 and then breakdown as well would be the 3500.
maybe the main issue with that cunning plan is your V 5 will show the heavier weight ? if it does not lets hope VOSA don't stop you (y)

Oct 5, 2012
Ayrshire
Funster No
MH
Carado T132
Exp
I think I'll keep away from Berlin then, ours is over 3.5 too. Anyway, my Uncle said not to bother, he'd flown to Berlin a few times but didn't stay long.......
Berlin is one of the better capitals of Europe, definitely recommend a visit there. I have been on several absolutely fascinating history tours there including visiting under the flak towers, Olympic stadium and Templehof airport, SS HQ checkpoint Charlie, German parliament, the list is endless . Its much better than a craphole like Copenhagen. Unfortunately the last time I was there in the MH it was a German holiday and ended up here Broken Link Removed which was fine but required the tram an sbahn to get into Berlin (to get to this site does not need a green sticker according to their website). This site also does not need a sticker [Broken Link Removed]
Unfortunately the excellently centrally sited Dodgy Link Removed is now closed permanently.

GWAYGWAY

Free Member
Sep 6, 2014
Dover
Funster No
MH
Hymer ML I 580
Exp
4 years
maybe the main issue with that cunning plan is your V 5 will show the heavier weight ? if it does not lets hope VOSA don't stop you (y)
I want the heavier weight for them to allow me the bigger payload, just that breakdown services stop at 3500kg

Feb 13, 2013
Edinburgh
Funster No
MH
Rapido 881F
Exp
Since 2015
Definitely only €6 for exactly the same thing from the Berlin site though: https://www.berlin.de/labo/mobilitaet/kfz-zulassung/feinstaubplakette/shop.86595.en.php

I had issues trying to use this link but eventually got there. I was using the latest version of Firefox and the site would time out. Tried on my modern work browser (IE 8!) and hey presto it worked. Same data etc.

Feb 13, 2013
Edinburgh
Funster No
MH
Rapido 881F
Exp
Since 2015

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!